OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since sony couldn't pay it's fees for rumble it was taken out of their controller, and now they say it's a last gen feature without it now they say the ps3 is now a real next gen system? The dual analog has been the same since ps1 i wonder why that's not considered last gen
laugh.gif
, but rumble makes games better depending on the game of course. The real new feature for this generation is motion sensing, and nintendo is the only one that has it let alone done it justice.
grog.gif

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PS2's Dualshock 2 controller is different from the original Dualshock... Most notably the four face buttons recognize how hard you press them, well two positions anyway. IIRC, the buttons underneath the analog sticks in a Dualshock 2 didn't exist in the original Dualshock either.

The Six Axis for the the PS3 has motion sensing built into it, that's where the other two axis come from. Sony claimed this is one of the reasons the tanked the rumble as it interfered w/ the motion sensors. If it's any good or not I don't know, the game that was in the PS3 kiosk at my local EB didn't seem to support it.

But, yeah, I agree w/ you, Sony's arrogance knows no bounds. They seem to think that they can say any damn thing they want and the world will eat it as truth.

throwingks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintendo-scene.com
XP
Country
United States
A PS2's Dualshock 2 controller is different from the original Dualshock... Most notably the four face buttons recognize how hard you press them, well two positions anyway. IIRC, the buttons underneath the analog sticks in a Dualshock 2 didn't exist in the original Dualshock either.
It's not a question of the Dual Shock being last gen. It is a question if rumble is last gen.
Rumble is not last gen or next gen. It is more sensory feedback to immerse the gamer deeper. Let the gamer decide if they want it. Sony thinks they can tell the public what they want. So far it has worked. Hopefully, this gen they get knocked off the top seat. That way they will make a console consumers want next next gen.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
quote in question:

Phil Harrison said:
“I believe that the Sixaxis controller offers game designers and developers far more opportunity for future innovation than rumble ever did. Now, rumble I think was the last generation feature; it’s not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is. And we don’t see the need to do that. Having said that, there will be specific game function controllers, potentially like steering wheels that do include vibration or feedback function — not from us but from third parties.”

Woot, they just admitted the Wii is the most next-gen console
tongue.gif

mrekli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oppressthebutton.com
XP
Country
United States
It's just rumble becomes hohum to many people. It's always there now... So people might consider it last gen because not many people care. But i love it. I even like it on the DS. I wish more games would use it though.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
blah blah blah
sony USED to be a respectable corp.
what the hell has happened to them? it is blatant LIE to tell the public tactile feedback is 'last-gen'.

rumble is one of the big steps towards the true next gen.
'feeling' of games, not just mashing buttons/sticks.
the wii wand gyro/pointer are the next step

besides, has not every controller from every console since N64 have some kind of rumble built-in or accessory?

i want to read ps3 boys flip this news!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh come on now you know Sony is full of crap if they want you to swallow that rumble messes up motion sensors. Nintendo has those, accelerometer and more in there with rumble...and it doesn't get hosed, and in a smaller area.

Fact is they got caught, got sued, lost, and being king of arrogance decided instead of paying a small pittance to use the tech they gutted it from the controller and decided to 'show them' like lil 5 year olds calling it 'the past.'

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figures... *checks crystal ball*

...6 mo later...

Rumble is a vital technology that will help immerse the player more into our gaming environments. Not only will they be able in a game to move about with the motion function feel the environment as they interact with it, and it interacts with them.

They're arrogant, liars, and full of crap. That would fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection