Rumble last gen says sony

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Scorpin200, Feb 27, 2007.

Feb 27, 2007

Rumble last gen says sony by Scorpin200 at 12:43 AM (1,204 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Since sony couldn't pay it's fees for rumble it was taken out of their controller, and now they say it's a last gen feature without it now they say the ps3 is now a real next gen system? The dual analog has been the same since ps1 i wonder why that's not considered last gen [​IMG], but rumble makes games better depending on the game of course. The real new feature for this generation is motion sensing, and nintendo is the only one that has it let alone done it justice. [​IMG]

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    A PS2's Dualshock 2 controller is different from the original Dualshock... Most notably the four face buttons recognize how hard you press them, well two positions anyway. IIRC, the buttons underneath the analog sticks in a Dualshock 2 didn't exist in the original Dualshock either.

The Six Axis for the the PS3 has motion sensing built into it, that's where the other two axis come from. Sony claimed this is one of the reasons the tanked the rumble as it interfered w/ the motion sensors. If it's any good or not I don't know, the game that was in the PS3 kiosk at my local EB didn't seem to support it.

But, yeah, I agree w/ you, Sony's arrogance knows no bounds. They seem to think that they can say any damn thing they want and the world will eat it as truth.

3. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Sony's mom is last gen.

4. throwingks

Newcomer throwingks Advanced Member

United States
    It's not a question of the Dual Shock being last gen. It is a question if rumble is last gen.
    Rumble is not last gen or next gen. It is more sensory feedback to immerse the gamer deeper. Let the gamer decide if they want it. Sony thinks they can tell the public what they want. So far it has worked. Hopefully, this gen they get knocked off the top seat. That way they will make a console consumers want next next gen.

5. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    quote in question:

Woot, they just admitted the Wii is the most next-gen console [​IMG]

6. mrekli

Newcomer mrekli Member

United States
    It's just rumble becomes hohum to many people. It's always there now... So people might consider it last gen because not many people care. But i love it. I even like it on the DS. I wish more games would use it though.

7. Presto

Member Presto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i love my rumble but i also love my six axxis

8. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    It pretty old news anyway don't why you posted in Wii - discussion?

9. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    blah blah blah
    sony USED to be a respectable corp.
    what the hell has happened to them? it is blatant LIE to tell the public tactile feedback is 'last-gen'.

rumble is one of the big steps towards the true next gen.
    'feeling' of games, not just mashing buttons/sticks.
    the wii wand gyro/pointer are the next step

besides, has not every controller from every console since N64 have some kind of rumble built-in or accessory?

i want to read ps3 boys flip this news!

10. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Sigh...Sony is at it again.

11. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Oh come on now you know Sony is full of crap if they want you to swallow that rumble messes up motion sensors. Nintendo has those, accelerometer and more in there with rumble...and it doesn't get hosed, and in a smaller area.

Fact is they got caught, got sued, lost, and being king of arrogance decided instead of paying a small pittance to use the tech they gutted it from the controller and decided to 'show them' like lil 5 year olds calling it 'the past.'

12. Jojjy Ugnick

Member Jojjy Ugnick shake your bonbon

Canada
  13. Golin

Member Golin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not surprised, they lied about not porting any PS1 games onto the PSP when the PSP just launched some years ago. Now they're saying rumble is in their future again... When is Sony going to stop lying? ... And killing innocent companies like Lik-Sang... and making quality product... hopefully nothing that explodes.

14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Figures... *checks crystal ball*

...6 mo later...

Rumble is a vital technology that will help immerse the player more into our gaming environments. Not only will they be able in a game to move about with the motion function feel the environment as they interact with it, and it interacts with them.

They're arrogant, liars, and full of crap. That would fit.