Homebrew Rudolph's Backup Tool - Injecting saves into retail cartridges

Crossing Guardia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right people, I need some help.

I have a .sav file for Animal Crossing Wild World on my R4. I also own the retail copy of the game. Now that City Folk is out, I wanted to transfer my settings from the .sav save into the Wii version. This can only be done through DS Download Play, and is not possible to do ingame. So I figured I would inject my .sav into the retail cartridge.

Now, after a bit of googling I found SavSender, which I miserably failed to set up. Then I came across Rudolph's Backup Tool (WIFI version) and I have gotten a lot further with that. In fact I am able to dump roms and saves just fine. So I just need a little tutorial on the last function of the program: Injecting .sav files. I have scowered the internet but all I can find are people that said they have done it, not actually how.
hate2.gif

So I am begging you guys!

How is it DONE!?!

Thanks

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, only just saw your post in the other thread
shy.gif

I've never used the Wifi version, but it migth work in a similar way to the 3-in-1 version:

The tool reads in savefiles from a folder on your cart called "NDS_Backup". Copy the savefile you want to send into here.
(Note you might need to use a savegame convertor first to switch from the R4's 512kb savefile back to the type of save used on a retail cart (a RAW savefile) first. Try the autodetect option and see what happens, my Animal Crossing saves come out at 256kb.)

Load up Rudolph's tool,
then press R until the "Save Restore" menu comes up.
press up / down arrows at this point to highlight the savefile you want to send
Then select "Restore Data in Card from SAV File" (option A).

I have no idea if those instructions are exactly correct for the Wifi version, but it might be something you can go on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o