Rudolph's Backup Tool - Injecting saves into retail cartridges

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Crossing Guardia, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Crossing Guardia
    OP

Crossing Guardia Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2008
    Right people, I need some help.

I have a .sav file for Animal Crossing Wild World on my R4. I also own the retail copy of the game. Now that City Folk is out, I wanted to transfer my settings from the .sav save into the Wii version. This can only be done through DS Download Play, and is not possible to do ingame. So I figured I would inject my .sav into the retail cartridge.

Now, after a bit of googling I found SavSender, which I miserably failed to set up. Then I came across Rudolph's Backup Tool (WIFI version) and I have gotten a lot further with that. In fact I am able to dump roms and saves just fine. So I just need a little tutorial on the last function of the program: Injecting .sav files. I have scowered the internet but all I can find are people that said they have done it, not actually how. [​IMG]

So I am begging you guys!

How is it DONE!?!

Thanks

2. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Sorry, only just saw your post in the other thread [​IMG]

I've never used the Wifi version, but it migth work in a similar way to the 3-in-1 version:

The tool reads in savefiles from a folder on your cart called "NDS_Backup". Copy the savefile you want to send into here.
    (Note you might need to use a savegame convertor first to switch from the R4's 512kb savefile back to the type of save used on a retail cart (a RAW savefile) first. Try the autodetect option and see what happens, my Animal Crossing saves come out at 256kb.)

Load up Rudolph's tool,
    then press R until the "Save Restore" menu comes up.
    press up / down arrows at this point to highlight the savefile you want to send
    Then select "Restore Data in Card from SAV File" (option A).

I have no idea if those instructions are exactly correct for the Wifi version, but it might be something you can go on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice