Hardware RTC behaving weird in Emerald

Biblical_Hippie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello! I'm having some trouble with emerald's RTC. For some reason the tide in shoal cave and the clock itself works just fine but I can't grow berries, talk to the berry master and take the lottery. I've never replaced the battery. I've only dumped my save into an emulator so I could get the event tickets but I don't think I emulated a battery as well - so it would've changed the time. I've messed with the RTC in PKHeX but not with much luck... Does anyone have a solution? I've provided my save file as well if anyone is interested to check it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• emerald save.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 30

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You must have emulated a RTC while playing on an emulator (VBA has this in Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock). This feature will just take the time from Windows and forward it to the game. It's impossible that your Emerald Cartridge's RTC could have run for almost 23 years when the game was produced around 2004. The internal RTC always starts at 1. Januray 2000. The elapsed time is now almost 23 years while the internal RTC is few years short. That is why the "glitch" is happening.
I'm not exactly sure but maybe if you go into PKHeX's RTC editor and set the days of the elapsed time to 0 it will fix the problem.

Last edited by tastymeatball,

Biblical_Hippie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You must have emulated a RTC while playing on an emulator (VBA has this in Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock). This feature will just take the time from Windows and forward it to the game. It's impossible that your Emerald Cartridge's RTC could have run for almost 23 years when the game was produced around 2004. The internal RTC always starts at 1. Januray 2000. The elapsed time is now almost 23 years while the internal RTC is few years short. That is why the "glitch" is happening.
I'm not exactly sure but maybe if you go into PKHeX's RTC editor and set the days of the elapsed time to 0 it will fix the problem.
I thought that as well. I tried tweaking both times in PKHeX but the lady in the mall keeps yelling me that I have to come back tommorow no matter how what I do. I even advanced time to the limit - 65,535 and it keeps having the same issue

My suspicion is that the emulator messed with the NPC's timestamps and set it to max, but I could be wrong

edit: I forgot to mention, I even used the in-game clock editor but not with much luck either...

Last edited by Biblical_Hippie,

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I rememeber correctly you also have to set the event constant (Event Flags->Event Constants) Days Passed to 0. This constant is for daily events. If the number is lower than the current time then it will reset all daily events and update the number to the current time.

Last edited by tastymeatball,
Reactions: Biblical_Hippie

Biblical_Hippie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I rememeber correctly you also have to set the event constant (Event Flags->Event Constants) Days Passed to 0. This constant is for daily events. If the number is lower than the current time then it will reset all daily events and update the number to the current time.
It worked! I knew that someone here had a solution. Thank you A TON!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Did I stutter?