ROM Hack RPG Maker DS - Are you interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taijo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if you guys are familiar with the RPG maker series, it's basically a program or a "game" (it has PC and console versions) that allows you to make your own RPG's without any programming knowledge.
This is coming to the DS in Japan, January 28th. My immediate thought was "must have translation", so I came here!

Now, I know all you anti-translation folk might be thinking "this will just be released in english, wait for it!" but trust me, I've been following the PC RPG Makers since the 2000 version and I think with the current state of DS piracy this is unlikely, RPG Maker fans know the begging this half of the world had to make for Enterbrain to release RPG Maker XP in english.

So, I'm not asking for someone to come in here and say "I'll translate this for you", I want to know how interested you guys would be in this, maybe someone would be willing to do it then.

Source: http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/10/15/rpg...rpgs-on-the-ds/

Learn about RPG Maker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG_Maker

Screens: http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1228528_1407.html

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always been interested in the RPG Maker series, ever since RPG Maker 95, and I would definitely like to see this one in English. However, I would prefer to see any prospective translators wait at least a few months after the game is released in Japan for anyone to begin translating the game, just to see if it does get picked up for English release. After all, just about every RPG Maker since 2000 has been released in English, and piracy hasn't scared many people away from developing games for the DS yet, so this actually has a decent chance of seeing US release.

As for the screenshots, they look kind of VX-ish. I wonder if this is a DS port of VX? Also, I wonder if there's going to be a sprite editor included in the game...

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i always would like to see a rpg maker on ds.
seeing as the pc version games are cool.
it would open up ideals and multi-ple idea's.
i would love to make my own rpg.
i would call it "Skill" or "Reign"
and that and after that make a master's edition with changed dialogue items difficulty, and skills
its a cool idea
i vote for a yes do it!

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
No one can know whether the game can be hacked before its released...
Wait for it to be released and just do a request in the official translations request thread.

Taijo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bahamut920 said:
I've always been interested in the RPG Maker series, ever since RPG Maker 95, and I would definitely like to see this one in English. However, I would prefer to see any prospective translators wait at least a few months after the game is released in Japan for anyone to begin translating the game, just to see if it does get picked up for English release. After all, just about every RPG Maker since 2000 has been released in English, and piracy hasn't scared many people away from developing games for the DS yet, so this actually has a decent chance of seeing US release.

As for the screenshots, they look kind of VX-ish. I wonder if this is a DS port of VX? Also, I wonder if there's going to be a sprite editor included in the game...

RPG Maker 2003 was also never legally release in english, although it was just 2000 with side-view battle and a couple new screen effects I think.

And yeah, the graphics look VX in style. As for a sprite editor, Joystiq mentioned using the stylus to create graphics, it wont be photoshop but it will sure be better than nothing!

QUOTE(Noitora @ Oct 15 2009, 11:17 PM) No one can know whether the game can be hacked before its released...
Wait for it to be released and just do a request in the official translations request thread.

Sure, im just raising awareness about this "game" for the moment and try to gauge the odds of it ever being translated, if it is possible.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using RPG Maker 2003 for an age, working on my own RPG. I also use Game Maker 7 Pro as part of my games design course. I'd love to see a DS version of either so I can keep working on my projects while I'm on the go.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty much a translation request thread trying to hide it's point.
The attention it'd deserve would be mentioned in the actual request thread.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!