RPG Maker DS - Are you interested?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Taijo, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2009
  1. Taijo
    OP

Newcomer Taijo Advanced Member

Portugal
    I don't know if you guys are familiar with the RPG maker series, it's basically a program or a "game" (it has PC and console versions) that allows you to make your own RPG's without any programming knowledge.
    This is coming to the DS in Japan, January 28th. My immediate thought was "must have translation", so I came here!

Now, I know all you anti-translation folk might be thinking "this will just be released in english, wait for it!" but trust me, I've been following the PC RPG Makers since the 2000 version and I think with the current state of DS piracy this is unlikely, RPG Maker fans know the begging this half of the world had to make for Enterbrain to release RPG Maker XP in english.

So, I'm not asking for someone to come in here and say "I'll translate this for you", I want to know how interested you guys would be in this, maybe someone would be willing to do it then.

Source: http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/10/15/rpg...rpgs-on-the-ds/

Learn about RPG Maker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG_Maker

Screens: http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1228528_1407.html

2. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've always been interested in the RPG Maker series, ever since RPG Maker 95, and I would definitely like to see this one in English. However, I would prefer to see any prospective translators wait at least a few months after the game is released in Japan for anyone to begin translating the game, just to see if it does get picked up for English release. After all, just about every RPG Maker since 2000 has been released in English, and piracy hasn't scared many people away from developing games for the DS yet, so this actually has a decent chance of seeing US release.

As for the screenshots, they look kind of VX-ish. I wonder if this is a DS port of VX? Also, I wonder if there's going to be a sprite editor included in the game...

3. megawalk

Member megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    i always would like to see a rpg maker on ds.
    seeing as the pc version games are cool.
    it would open up ideals and multi-ple idea's.
    i would love to make my own rpg.
    i would call it "Skill" or "Reign"
    and that and after that make a master's edition with changed dialogue items difficulty, and skills
    its a cool idea
    i vote for a yes do it!

4. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    No one can know whether the game can be hacked before its released...
    Wait for it to be released and just do a request in the official translations request thread.

5. Taijo
    OP

Newcomer Taijo Advanced Member

Portugal
    Sure, im just raising awareness about this "game" for the moment and try to gauge the odds of it ever being translated, if it is possible.

6. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I've been using RPG Maker 2003 for an age, working on my own RPG. I also use Game Maker 7 Pro as part of my games design course. I'd love to see a DS version of either so I can keep working on my projects while I'm on the go.

7. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    This is pretty much a translation request thread trying to hide it's point.
    The attention it'd deserve would be mentioned in the actual request thread. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.