Rooted devices blocked from Android Market's movie rentals

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell, I don't even care if my phone is rooted. If my phone wasn't rooted and sideloading allowed(which AT&T is gonna make happen soon, apparently) I would be fine with it.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rooted android phone. I'm not interested in their movie service. I can connect to my satellite receiver and watch movies from that from anywhere if I so choose, but regardless they should not block rooted phones from accessing these features. In my mind this would be like netflix saying you cannot use their service if you have admin rights on your computer. Which would be just plain stupid. Having a rooted phone does not mean you are trying to steal software or movies. I rooted my phone to make a backup and to remove the junk that came pre-installed. I would like to see Netflix on Android... although I'm really not sure how often I'd use it, it would be nice to have.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
rooters are the type of people who download a HD version of the movie online...put it on their Android phone SD card..and use Rockplayer to play it.

Fuck Google.

They can stick their service up their ass.

and i'm shoving their forced unremovable "bloatware" up their ass too!

THE REASON.

They afraid of some sort of exploit to "screencast" (record the screen in a video format)(which you can on rooted phones) and keep the movie at a cheap rented price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_