• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Romney vs. Obama

who will/would you vote for?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 158 76.0%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 50 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SixSenseEagle

I'm really in to this type of stuff, but this is really Important yall need to pay attention to.

The Main Question is who will you Vote for, for your Kids/Family future? The Choice is yours to make, and also don't vote for the wrong person When the Time come cuz it limted as of right now.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, a political thread on a gaming forum...
Anyway, the reason why I think Obama will win is because he did so much for America..

I disagree with that sentiment. I haven't seen the effects much, if at all. This could be because I'm not particularly attentive, or something else entirely. I agree though, he'll probably win, but not for that reason.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree with that sentiment. I haven't seen the effects much, if at all. This could be because I'm not particularly attentive, or something else entirely.
Actually, Obama has accomplished quite a lot.

In that list I see very few things I understand. I do however see something I understand very well being thrown about in many of the sources. Money. That's precisely why I don't like Obama in the first place. His big spending isn't fixing what Bush started, only covered it up. Let me tell you something. Throwing these links around aren't helping you prove your points. All this tells me is that Obama did something somewhere. I don't understand even half of these things nor do I understand many of the concepts and intricacies of political policies. There's no cause and effect in these lists. This is why I've largely stayed out of this topic. From my "average citizen" point of view, nothing has changed. Nothing Obama has done has significantly improved the quality of life for the people around me or myself. This is not to say I'd rather have Romney in either. He's a putz and he'll be worse than Obama. We need someone who'll put the American people first and the problems of the rest of the world second.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this may come as quiet a big shock to all of you but both parties are corrupt. There I said it. Both make similar promises. Democrats say "free everything" to the poor and lazy. Republicans say "No Taxes" to the rich and greedy. What about people who are neither rich nor poor? I am not taking any sides with any party for as I said before both parties are corrupt simple as that.

Reactions: 2 people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey this may come as quiet a big shock to all of you but both parties are corrupt. There I said it. Both make similar promises. Democrats say "free everything" to the poor and lazy. Republicans say "No Taxes" to the rich and greedy. What about people who are neither rich nor poor? I am not taking any sides with any party for as I said before both parties are corrupt simple as that.

Wow, how controversial, I'm so shocked. No, wait, it's exactly what millions of apathetic teenagers say every single day on every single message board ever since the beginning of time and possibly the most deliberately uncontroversial, mealy mouthed fence sitting position you can take. Yes, both parties have problems (although not your overly-simplified stereotypes) but they're not identical, nor are they identically corrupt.

Reactions: 5 people

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow, how controversial, I'm so shocked. No, wait, it's exactly what millions of apathetic teenagers say every single day on every single message board ever since the beginning of time and possibly the most deliberately uncontroversial, mealy mouthed fence sitting position you can take. Yes, both parties have problems (although not your overly-simplified stereotypes) but they're not identical, nor are they identically corrupt.

You know what your right I was oversimplifying it. By the way I am not apathetic teenager. I am concern individual that believes that government has become too involved in our lives(if you live in the USA). I am in favor of limited government. Problem is there is no one in Washington that shares my same views on limited government that is why I am not for either party. That being said Barak Obama will probably win this coming election why because America is not ready for a Mormon President. (however I could be wrong we will just have to wait and see)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That being said Barak Obama will probably win this coming election why because America is not ready for a Mormon President
I don't think him being a Mormon has anything to do with anymore. Don't get me wrong, I am sure there are a lot of people who have an issue with that, but at this point I think it's more people don't want Mitt.
The man is a complete nut, he flip-flops on ALL the issues, it doesn't matter what these issue is, he will always change his opinion on it when questioned. The man has been caught many times lying and even lying about lying. It boils down to the fact that people don't like being lied to.
Not to mention his plans will drag America back decades and ruin our country. He plans on destroying progress as we know it, then continuing the horrible idea of lowering taxes for the rich.

It pretty much all boils down to, he's not good for America and people are slowly noticing that.

Reactions: 1 person

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS!!!

548502_410047232383462_2092565725_n.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, have to post this. I have an obligation :P

http://www.collegehu...am-style-parody
I can help but say that Collegehumor although funny made a hug mistake. They talked about drink fancy champagne and stuff. Hate to break it to you all but the guys mormon. You know the kind of people that don't believe in having a good time by getting drunk. So other than that good video. I felt obligated because some of my friends are mormon and they always refused alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn