Romney vs. Obama

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by NeoSupaMario, Aug 25, 2012.

?

who will/would you vote for?

1. Barack Obama

158 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. Mitt Romney

50 vote(s)
    24.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2012

Romney vs. Obama by NeoSupaMario at 4:57 AM (35,370 Views / 0 Likes) 900 replies

1. NeoSupaMario
    OP

Member NeoSupaMario GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus

United States
    Who do you think will win/who will you vote for and why?

2. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    im not an us resident so i dont get to vote, but from what i gather, i would vote obama if i could.
    reason being that i wouldnt trust romney as far as i could throw him. hes constantly changing his mind on stuff if it makes him look better or more attractive for a voter, he doesnt have ANY plan. whenever i read about stuff he plans, its always just the final result, like less taxes, more jobs, fuck obama, but never, not once did he give any kind of explanation as to how he'd possibly do this.
    and when he does, its ridiculous.
    his so valued experience with the market and economy is based on borderline crime, then theres even more lieing with the whole tax debate. obviously this man is screwing the us tax system since always.
    he apparently approves of lies in his anti obama tv spots too.

all in all, yes, obama didnt save america in 4 short years and may not be able to do it in 4 more (consider this: making the world a better place is complicated), but with romney, your country has no chance. at all. unless you are a filthy rich millionaire, there is nothing to win by voting for romney

having said that, i still fear that the sheer amount of money and all the lies this guy has available to use + this whole voting time thing where key-democratic demographics will apparently be disadvantaged, he may win still.
    but i also hope that, should it come to that, the people will realize and force him to step down. chances are, he'll go down like nixon or something

FireValk01, .Chris and yuyuyup like this.
  3. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Its kinda rude to ask who your voting for isn't it? Voting is pretty private Mister.
    Personally, for this election...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The Presidential race really only matters if the one who wins also is fortunate enough to have both houses of Congress controlled by his party. If Obama wins and the Democrats take control of the House and keep the Senate, then things might get done. If Romney wins and the Republicans keep the House and get control in the Senate, then things might get done. Any other combination of circumstances just means at least 2 more years of pissing contests.

4 people like this.
  5. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I entirely disagree, the most important thing a president can do is pick Supreme Court justices which is the #1 reason I will vote for Osbama Bin Hussein

6. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Who will win? Well, it definitely won't be the U.S. citizens.

7. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Oh god this is going nowhere good. I hope a mod locks this.

8. Hanafuda

United States
    hmmm ... you've got a point. Guess I'll have to cancel out your vote then LOL.

You are right though ... there probably will be some retirements in the next term, but who it is will largely depend on the outcome of the election. Conservative justices tend to sit put when a liberal is in the White House, and vice versa. Although Ginsburg, Scalia, Breyer, and Kennedy are all older than dirt, they've all probably got at least 4 more years in 'em, and they know it. If Ginsburg and Breyer didn't think they could last another 4 years they would've already retired so Obama could appoint liberal replacements. So unless one of the justices dies (and yeah, obviously it could happen) there probably won't be any cataclysmic shifts in the balance regardless of the outcome of the election. But, ya never know, so can't blame for taking that as a serious consideration.

9. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    I don't live there, i'm Canadian. I don't follow the worlds news, but I used to. Obama seems like a good guy then. I don't know this Romney Shomney guy so No for him.

10. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Obama because he's the least worst option.

11. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I am voting for Obamney. Both great candidates, but only one has what it takes, who will be victorious? Who will die... lose? We will find out soon enough.

12. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I dislike both of them. Obama has already proven to be inept in office (though after all the shit Bush left behind I can't blame him too much), and Romny is not going to make anything better. Personally I think Ron would've have gotten some shit done where we need it the most right now. Here, in the USA. Sadly, looking back, I don't think there's been a decent president since Clinton (Clinton wasn't that good either, but whatever). Congress and the Senate both need some fresh blood and young faces to make some decisions and the Judicial system needs a similar workout. So, I don't like either of them and I won't be casting my vote either way since voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

1 person likes this.
  13. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    Everytime I look at Romney I think: 'this guy will wage war against the whole world, and lose'
    He's way too outrageous.

Jiehfeng and DanielJavierGuzz like this.
  14. Hanafuda

United States

You do realize that Obama massively escalated troop levels in Afghanistan and is selectively killing all over the place in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and who knows where else with frequent unmanned drone strikes, right?? Almost 300 drone strikes in Pakistan alone under Obama, over 5 times more than Bush. Plenty of war going on already and you're worried about the other guy because of a feeling you get when you look at him?? Okay.

Vinnymac likes this.
  15. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    If you have gone to the store and had to buy a loaf of bread or some milk or had to fill your gas tank or looked for a job I don't see how you could vote for Obama. He's been a complete disaster for the average working person. Basically if you sign your checks on the front you'll vote for Romney and if you sign your checks on the back you'll be for Obama or if your so young that you don't need to buy the staples of life. I thnk Romney will win big. Obama has lost the razzle dazzle, he has no record to run on so he's waging a campaign of silly smears. All the enthusiasm is among Romney supporters so yeah I don't see a path to victory for Obama

16. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    I'm not getting into no political opinions.
    All I said is what I see Romswhatever doing. For all we know, he could triple all the numbers you just stated.
    Politics and Leaders isn't as plain and simple as people think.

17. ouch123

Member ouch123 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Obama, because while he hasn't got much done, he didn't break everything. I'm not sure that would still be true with Romney as president.

2 people like this.
  18. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I see no discernible difference between either of them as they're both paid off by the same factions.

19. deshayzilla

Member deshayzilla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Honestly the differences between Romney and Obama are very small. They're both are back by rich champaign donors. They don't really care about anyone else besides the people who already have money and the people who run giant corporations.
    I mean look at this http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2012
    There is no significant statistical evidence that Obama and Romney are different.
    It would be like choosing between a PS3 and an Xbox 360...but both systems only played Madden.

20. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    If I have to pick, Obama because he did bring a closure to 911 (bin Laden).

However, everyone knows that regardless who win the race, there will be no significant difference. Both are backed by political parties; contrary to what George Washington wanted.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.