Hacking Rominator v2008

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
just a quick question: after donating, how am I going to get my serial?

thanks!

edit: I'm running Leopard, and I made the donation by clicking help and then "make a donation"
smile.gif

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question:

After downloading the last version (and registering it) I can't make a Flash Cart List. The regular Games List works just fine.

Every time I try to create a new flash cart list, nothing happens. I insert the name, type of list, select the flashcart name (R4) from the option list and the location where everything is stored.

It used to work so I guess it's something about this new version. Or maybe I'm doing something really REALLY stupid.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Just in case...

My OS: XP SP2

Another edit:

I've just re-read the thread and see this:

vwwolfe said:
Hey Hank,

Thanks for the great program!!

I updated to 2008.13 and now my R4 doesn't show up in the game list. I tried re-adding it and it still doesn't show up. Am I doing something wrong?

I guess we're talking about the same thing.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First time using this and I have a question. When renaming, can you make it so it renames the save file also? I'll try to look at the settings some more to find this option if there is >__

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wohoo!
The newest update fixes the flash card bug [endless loop asking to insert a card if it isn't in there].

The program is now perfect!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
SomeGuyGG said:
Wohoo!
The newest update fixes the flash card bug [endless loop asking to insert a card if it isn't in there].

The program is now perfect!

*kinda* perfect
wink.gif

A bug slipped in for Vista users (and some XP users) that won't display the flash card at all! I got it working under Windows XP, but not Vista... then I fixed it for Vista, and it stopped working for XP... I'll need to find that happy medium during my lunch break at work and hopefully get it working so I can make a release tonight.

QUOTEFirst time using this and I have a question. When renaming, can you make it so it renames the save file also? I'll try to look at the settings some more to find this option if there is >__

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
There we go, I'll use the accidental double post for something
tongue.gif

I've fixed the bugs that's prevented Windows users to use Flash Cards. It was a pain as one fix would work for Vista but not XP, but then I would fix XP and it would not work for Vista... I've found the happy medium
smile.gif

I will be making a new release tonight to reflect this change, as well as a fix for the EZ-Flash V renaming on the card addition (that will rename the saves in the SAVE folder as well).

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
There we go, I'll use the accidental double post for something
tongue.gif

I've fixed the bugs that's prevented Windows users to use Flash Cards. It was a pain as one fix would work for Vista but not XP, but then I would fix XP and it would not work for Vista... I've found the happy medium
smile.gif

I will be making a new release tonight to reflect this change, as well as a fix for the EZ-Flash V renaming on the card addition (that will rename the saves in the SAVE folder as well).

Yay!

\o/

EDIT: Downloading...

Strange.

The last version (2008.14) keeps asking me to update at startup.

Are you sure you uploaded the last version?

The exe says: 6.0.13.0

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mejilan said:
Downloading it straight from the site also results in a v14 readme with a v13 executable.

Actually it is the same file, no matter where you download it from.

I saw hankchill logoff from gbatemp so I send him feedback through Rominator. Now he's back online so I guess we'll have some response soon.

Another thing:

"Identify" doesn't seem to work in XP SP2. I just tested with 4, 5 zipped ROMs and nothing. Does anyone else have the same problem?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
"Identify" doesn't seem to work in XP SP2. I just tested with 4, 5 zipped ROMs and nothing. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Sorry guys, my bad!

All fixed
tongue.gif

Identification works fine here. You're not scanning 'zips within zips' are you? There has to be a DS Rom inside the zip for it to work (.nds format). If not, it won't identify.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Pendor said:

Sorry guys, my bad!

All fixed
tongue.gif

Identification works fine here. You're not scanning 'zips within zips' are you? There has to be a DS Rom inside the zip for it to work (.nds format). If not, it won't identify.

Yep.

I figured that could be the problem. Thanks!

Downloading (again)...

Works like a charm!

\o/

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hank, you really do have nothing better to do while you are working don't you? Whatever happened to that other program you showed me a year or so ago around the time you started Rominator?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
Hank, you really do have nothing better to do while you are working don't you? Whatever happened to that other program you showed me a year or so ago around the time you started Rominator?

*waves Jedi hand* There ARE NO other programs.

I dunno, whatever I was working on, looks like Rominator ended up getting the full attention, as it was probably more fun for me to code and I just kept with it. Plus almost every lunch break in the office I pull out the laptop and fix some bugs. I've got an hour so it's more than enough time to tackle 1 small bug.

I actually started Rominator way over a year ago... year and a half ago
smile.gif

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
you deserve a fucking price for this.
Just looked into the donation-only features and man.. so worth it!

If you now program a patching tool into rominator, you would probably enter the hall of fame of hobby-programmers
biggrin.gif

Baker_Au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One quick little bug - on the EZFlash V+, when I download the cheats it downloads\copys the file fine, but still fails with an error. Running Vista (let me know if you need any more info).

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Baker_Au said:
One quick little bug - on the EZFlash V+, when I download the cheats it downloads\copys the file fine, but still fails with an error. Running Vista (let me know if you need any more info).

I'm still solving that one
wink.gif

I can never get it to do this no matter what :] The good thing is, is that the file does download and copy
smile.gif

QUOTEyou deserve a fucking price for this.
Just looked into the donation-only features and man.. so worth it!

If you now program a patching tool into rominator, you would probably enter the hall of fame of hobby-programmers

eh~heh, always a possibility
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.