I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rominator v5.2.1 has been released, and just addresses a few of the bugs that have popped up.

[FIX] Save Manager in the Rominator Toolbox grew some bugs; they have been fixed.

[FIX] Fixed the tiny cosmetic bug in the title bar.

[FIX] Changed the way errors are handled; It will now show you the error code as well as let you submit feedback from the error.

[FIX] Fixed error 1117 when having more than 2 games in the Rom Queue in the Toolbox.

[+] Added 'Toggle Details' menu in the Tools menu, so this way you can toggle on/off the details quickly.

Update is available immediately, will be updating on GBAtemp Downloads as well.

J

Jackreyes

Great job on the update,
rominator is one of the best non-commercial things on my PC.

Eierkuchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Works like a charm now. Really appreciate your work
smile.gif

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having some trouble using this program. I'm using mac osx tiger, and i selected my default rom directory, but none of the games showed up in rominator. So I manually dragged all my roms from that directory into the rominator window, and then at the bottom, it listed "amount trimmed" which leads me to believe that the program trimmed everything that i dragged into it (NOT somthing that i wanted... luckily i had backed up all my clean roms on a DVD beforehand).

Also what is the purpose of rZipper.. if I compress all my roms with rZipper, will rominator automatically unzip them and put them on my flash card when I transfer them?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am having some trouble using this program. I'm using mac osx tiger, and i selected my default rom directory, but none of the games showed up in rominator. So I manually dragged all my roms from that directory into the rominator window, and then at the bottom, it listed "amount trimmed" which leads me to believe that the program trimmed everything that i dragged into it (NOT somthing that i wanted... luckily i had backed up all my clean roms on a DVD beforehand).

Also what is the purpose of rZipper.. if I compress all my roms with rZipper, will rominator automatically unzip them and put them on my flash card when I transfer them?

When you selected your folder, you are supposed to press the REFRESH button underneath the game lists (where you see 'library') -- This will refresh your view
biggrin.gif

Rominator does NOT trim your games on your hard drive. It trims on the fly when you copy it to the flash card, if you check the option. As for rZip, if you compress your games, Rominator will definitely decompress them and transfer them when transfered
smile.gif
Oh, and where it says 'total trimmed amount', that just shows you how much would be selected if you trimmed the game when flashing it to your card.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
************WE HAVE A WINNER*************

salamence502 has found the easter egg!

Although, he said that he does not need the price of having advertising space for a website in the message window, he would like to pass it on to another user who finds the egg. Here are the hints again:
- Another System
- Try and Find It
- Search the Stars Across the Galaxy

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huzzah! I win! It's very simple, but it took me a hell of a time to find it! I'm not saying anything else.

Good luck to the others, and remember, read between the lines!

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Easter egg: Search for urmrgay

And that's Alt-F for find.

If I get a choice on who gets the advert, put it as GBATemp. I don't like seeing ads in my files.

... Who told you?
tongue.gif

I've been working on the easter egg ever since you announced it.

I knew it was tied to release 0330, but I thought for the longest time it was 0330 on the DS releases. The stars comment tipped me off that it was about SMG.

Salemance tipped everyone off by confirming that it was "simple".

So, I knew I had to search for something relating to SMG. I tried 0330, p-smg8, and "Super_Mario_Galaxy". Then I understood what you meant by searching in the stars.

U R Mr Gay

And yes, I see that you did encode that; it's not in the hex.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Easter egg: Search for urmrgay

And that's Alt-F for find.

If I get a choice on who gets the advert, put it as GBATemp. I don't like seeing ads in my files.

... Who told you?
tongue.gif

I've been working on the easter egg ever since you announced it.

I knew it was tied to release 0330, but I thought for the longest time it was 0330 on the DS releases. The stars comment tipped me off that it was about SMG.

Salemance tipped everyone off by confirming that it was "simple".

So, I knew I had to search for something relating to SMG. I tried 0330, p-smg8, and "Super_Mario_Galaxy". Then I understood what you meant by searching in the stars.

U R Mr Gay

And yes, I see that you did encode that; it's not in the hex.

Congratulations! I somehow knew you would be the one to find it
smile.gif
You're a smart person, and have been with all your posts!
smile.gif

Now I gotta make another easter egg
tongue.gif

And of course they will be encoded
biggrin.gif
Like I said a while back, I knew someone would hex edit it, so I had encrypted the block of code for the egg
tongue.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have problems with the Rominator 5.21 in Linux (Debian Unstable):

rominatorbugqt7.png

STOP POSTING LINUX RUNNING ISSUES

If you're NEW, SEARCH THE THREAD!!

Sheesh, I've already mentioned FOUR TIMES now that Linux may NOT work for you because the compiler broke the application. A bug report has already been submitted to them so all I can do is wait for a response.

USE THE WINDOWS VERSION

Any future complaints regarding the Linux version will be completely ignored. End of story.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've identified the bug that would cause the original .nds file not remove itself after compressing with rZip. This appeared after having the program grab the CRC... I forgot to close that stream
smile.gif

I've updated rZipper as well so I will have the new update with the fix available now.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Heh. I didn't even notice the issue (no error). Likewise I was hit with that bug being that I just now checked and saw that I had both a .nds file and .rz file for all of the games I had. I removed the extra .nds files from the folder now since I don't need both there.
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some odd issues with rom trimming.

In "Rominator Settings > Flashing", I have selected the following:

[X] Automatically Trim When Flashing
[X] Use "Safe Trimming" Method

I than open the "Rominator Toolbox > Rom Queue" so I can drag & drop roms straight to my Flash Card I have set. After sending the roms with the settings above, I receive a 188 byte file.

If I deselect "Automatically Trim When Flashing" and keep "Use 'Safe Trimming' Method", a rom is produced/transferred.. But when I attempt to load it up on my EZ Flash V, I am getting black/corrupt icons and the games do not load. I have tried disabling all trimming options and just using Rominator's Rom Queue to transfer roms and it is still giving me issues.

To my knowledge, the 188 bytes files produced is supposed to be appended to the trimmed rom rather than as a standalone file. Is there a setting I am foregoing somewhere? My rom files are in its own independent directory, are in .zip format, and use the following renaming schematic, "%t %c (%n)". Within "Rominator Settings > General", I have also enabled "Automatically Copy Games to Games Folder".

Any help is appreciated. Is it that it does not support .zip extraction? That is the only thing that I have not tried yet.

EDIT: It seems I didn't experiment enough with the application, as I just extracted a game out of it's zip file and it worked like a charm.

Cheers.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having some odd issues with rom trimming.

In "Rominator Settings > Flashing", I have selected the following:

[X] Automatically Trim When Flashing
[X] Use "Safe Trimming" Method

I than open the "Rominator Toolbox > Rom Queue" so I can drag & drop roms straight to my Flash Card I have set. After sending the roms with the settings above, I receive a 188 byte file.

If I deselect "Automatically Trim When Flashing" and keep "Use 'Safe Trimming' Method", a rom is produced/transferred.. But when I attempt to load it up on my EZ Flash V, I am getting black/corrupt icons and the games do not load. I have tried disabling all trimming options and just using Rominator's Rom Queue to transfer roms and it is still giving me issues.

To my knowledge, the 188 bytes files produced is supposed to be appended to the trimmed rom rather than as a standalone file. Is there a setting I am foregoing somewhere? My rom files are in its own independent directory, are in .zip format, and use the following renaming schematic, "%t %c (%n)". Within "Rominator Settings > General", I have also enabled "Automatically Copy Games to Games Folder".

Any help is appreciated. Is it that it does not support .zip extraction? That is the only thing that I have not tried yet.

EDIT: It seems I didn't experiment enough with the application, as I just extracted a game out of it's zip file and it worked like a charm.

Cheers.

As mentioned in the release notes, the Rom Queue currently does NOT work with Zip, although for the next version it will.

If you have a zipped game, you can just drag it over into the flash card of your choice, and it'll decompress and copy the NDS file, leaving the zip file untouched.

Regards,
--Henry

edd722

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Amazing program mate it's truly amazing, my only question is, does the trimming that does Rominator make the download play fail? or is the same trimming as the official trimmer from the R4/M3simply website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong