OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Hank!

Thanks for the updates! I've found a few issues that I thought I should mention .... should be fairly minor to fix, I'm guessing they're just database issues
wink.gif

1. 0054 is still not recognized by ROMinator.

2. 0703 is still not recognized by ROMinator.

3. 0887 is still nameless in the database (auto-name does not work)

4. 0935-0944 are missing box art.

I hope this list helps. I have all 944 ROMs and these are the only problem I've found, even when using ROMinator to do mass-renaming ... Pretty impressive!
smile.gif

Strange... I coulda swore that I fixed those
smile.gif
I'll have em fixed.

Regarding Box Art.. Whoops, forgot to upload them last night!

@Kyuzumaki: Thanks
smile.gif
And thanks for your contribution as well for integrating RomeR into Rominator
biggrin.gif

Regards.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Allrighty, here's the update:

0054 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour (E) Has been fixed.

0703 - Asphalt Urban GT 2 (E) is the *EXACT* same as 0689 - Asphalt Urban GT 2 (U). I ran a comparison on the two files, and there's literally no difference in the files at all. It would be impossible for me to have them named differently. Even a checksum difference couldn't tell the difference
smile.gif

0887 - Shrek Smash 'n Crash Racing (U) - This is already recognized. Although there was an error in the name, it has been fixed.

You can run the Check for Updates to get the new version
smile.gif

Regards.

mavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Allrighty, here's the update:

0054 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour (E) Has been fixed.

0703 - Asphalt Urban GT 2 (E) is the *EXACT* same as 0689 - Asphalt Urban GT 2 (U). I ran a comparison on the two files, and there's literally no difference in the files at all. It would be impossible for me to have them named differently. Even a checksum difference couldn't tell the difference
smile.gif

0887 - Shrek Smash 'n Crash Racing (U) - This is already recognized. Although there was an error in the name, it has been fixed.

You can run the Check for Updates to get the new version
smile.gif

Regards.

Awesome!
smile.gif

Thanks for the updates. Now, if there was only a way to get 703 recognized. Maybe since 689 is identical, ROMinator could just copy that file and call it 703? I mean, if it finds 689, it would know that 703 is present, too ... Not a big deal, it's just kind of annoying that I'm ONE ROM short of a complete collection, despite the fact that i actually HAVE that ROM ...
wink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
To be blunt, there really is no way for me to get two identical games to become recognized as two different games. Like I said, they're the exact same dump
frown.gif

On a side note, v3.0.2's been release, you can either download it fresh or just run Check for Updates
smile.gif
The details are in the update window.

Regards.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great program. I have a suggestion. How about having an option to view the list of trainer patch for the roms or have a mark by the rom letting you know that there is a trainer patch for it. Its a pain to click on each rom to see if there is a trainer patch available for it.

lebkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another feature that would be very useful would be an option to backup saves off the flash disk without deleting them. I am a paranoid fellow. It is nice to have saves backed up on a regular basis. You never know what might screw the SD card.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good suggestions guys, they'll be on the list of things to do. As mentioned before though, I'm not adding in any more suggested features because I paid for the development software, plugins, and web hosting (for updates, box art, database, etc), and don't feel like putting more time into something that few people are willing to support. If I can raise up enough in donations then I'll continue development as well as write other requested software.

If I don't see enough in donations, then I'll add in suggested features, but I'll include a nag dialog whenever you open Rominator
tongue.gif
Kidding I don't think I can do that
biggrin.gif
that would be annoying
tongue.gif

If you do want your feature put in though, I kindly ask you to donate to the cause. Or you can donate just because you like Rominator
biggrin.gif

Regards.

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
Great program. I have a suggestion. How about having an option to view the list of trainer patch for the roms or have a mark by the rom letting you know that there is a trainer patch for it. Its a pain to click on each rom to see if there is a trainer patch available for it.

Seconded. Maybe something like changing the yellow star to grey if there is no trainer, and green if a trainer is applied could be enough.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Great program. I have a suggestion. How about having an option to view the list of trainer patch for the roms or have a mark by the rom letting you know that there is a trainer patch for it.  Its a pain to click on each rom to see if there is  a trainer patch available for it.

Seconded. Maybe something like changing the yellow star to grey if there is no trainer, and green if a trainer is applied could be enough.

I think he meant a list of the games that have trainers, not whether or not a game has any patches applied to it. I think you're smart enough to know if you've applied any patches to a game
smile.gif
What I will do though, is have an option to reset trainers upon opening the program, so that this way if you open the program it can set all trainers to be inactive, incase you forget to disable them when you don't need them. Maybe in a future release.

Regards.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
ERROR WITH ICONS!
frown.gif

whenever I drag an icon into my collection, it comes in all scratchy gayness! like pixelated/kindergardener's Aart test!!! is that my computer?

I LOV ROMINATOR!!!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ERROR WITH ICONS!
frown.gif

whenever I drag an icon into my collection, it comes in all scratchy gayness! like pixelated/kindergardener's Aart test!!! is that my computer?

I LOV ROMINATOR!!!

I need you to be more elaborate.

Are you trying to drag an icon onto the collection from your Desktop? Or from a game's icon? Please expand your problem.

Regards.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I go into the ROM editor or wutever and I go into collection where u can change the icon and I like the icon so i drag it into my collection then both the current icon and the dragged become all pixelated
frown.gif

thnx for quick reply!!!
(like the sig?
wink.gif
)
should there be a "©" sign there or no?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I go into the ROM editor or wutever and I go into collection where u can change the icon and I like the icon so i drag it into my collection then both the current icon and the dragged become all pixelated
frown.gif

thnx for quick reply!!!
(like the sig?
wink.gif
)
should there be a "©" sign there or no?

That's really strange :/ I've never had that happen before. I originally had something like that happen but I fixed that issue long ago. I just tested dragging a game's icon into my collection with v3.0.2 and it works just fine.

Love the sig
wink.gif

Regards.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another feature that would be very useful would be an option to backup saves off the flash disk without deleting them. I am a paranoid fellow. It is nice to have saves backed up on a regular basis. You never know what might screw the SD card.

You can back up your saves easily. Use the Save Manager to associate a folder, or click on your game, and press the Save Association button (the round coloured one). This'll allow you to back up your save game for that game from your flash card.

I think the current version won't overwrite an existing save in your backup, so on the weekend when I release 3.0.3, it will do just that.

Regards.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
The return of the space before the name! Rom 0871 when renamed using Rominator has put a space before the start of the naming it seems?

Before I look into this, do me a favour;

Check your settings, and look at your Naming Scheme. Do you have a space at the start there?

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hello