Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

Has this been on front page news? It should have been if it hasn't already been

2. bladetears

bladetears Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah, thanks for the fast reply hankchill. Maybe you could help me out, I'm getting an error when I try to update:
    Code:
    A connection to the remote host could not be established. Be sure you're connected to the internet and try again.
    The problem is that I'm already connected to the internet, and that it updated fine yesterday.

I would suggest that you make it a skimmed down .exe (around 500KB-1MB) that loads off .dll files because it could get real "laggy" if you run a 17MB file.

I must say that this is a really great program for organizing your roms, kudos to you for making such a jaw-dropping program. [​IMG]

3. hankchill

OP hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    No Problem.

Unfortunately I can't make it *skimmed down* because it's actually being developed with a cross-platform compiler, and there are a bunch of plugins which are being loaded into the program... although most of them useless because I don't use even a quarter of them [​IMG] It might be a bug in the compiler as to why it's so big, because the Mac build is only 12MB. The download is small though (3.5MB) so that's a good thing there [​IMG]

That's weird about it not being able to download the updates. I've never had an issue, and I can guarantee that it's not a Rominator issue, as all it's doing is connecting and downloading -- if there's anything stopping it, then it's most likely your connection. Either that, or the server is down, but I checked the server and it is online.

Thanks for the nice comments as well, good feedback is always appreciated [​IMG]

@iamwhoiam: No, it's never been on front page. I've been wondering why not myself, even though it's been posted in the user submitted news already.

Regards.

4. R-Unit 4

R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Great App...now you just need to make a Mac DPG converter [​IMG]

5. KINGOFNOOBS

KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No Linux (Ubuntu) support? BAH!!

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    @KINGOFNOOBS if you read through the thread you might see the WINE testing/compatibility discussion.

7. hankchill

Canada
    Please, useless comments are not welcome here. If it's not constructive or positive, please keep it to yourself.

Besides, I would do a Linux build if I have an environment to test on. But I don't. So use WINE.

Regards.

8. Gandolf

Gandolf Newbie
    Newcomer

I'm a little bit confused for the names in your list.
    If I wan't to filter out the Pokemon games for example it wont find all.

You have spelled both Pokemon and Pokémon and for the numbers 0576 and 0577 you called them Pocket Monsters Pearl/Diamond but shouldn't those be Pokemon too?

But the app is really good with an nice interface.
    Hard though my romcollection got from 12gb to around 40gb when the roms was unzipped. A bit huge so zip-support would be nice.

And adding the feature to fullsize the window would also be nice.

Keep up your good work.

9. hankchill

Canada
    I'm actually going to change it to just Pokemon (without the é) because Windows might potentially complain about the special character in the name... if someone can confirm this for me that'll be good. Plus, when doing a quick find, if you want to find 'Pokemon' not too many people are going to know how to put the accent over the é.

And Pocket Monsters Pearl and Pocket Monsters Diamond are their names. Not Pokemon. Pokemon is the North American name for it. Pocket Monsters is the japanese name. When Pokemon Diamond/Pearl come out, THEN those ones'll be Pokemon [​IMG]

Zip support is on the to-do list.

And you can already resize the window to 1024x768 max. However I'll enabled the risize window button to go the the window's max size -- and vice versa.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards.

10. Gandolf

Gandolf Newbie
    Newcomer

Ok, but you use GBAtemp:s list and they seem to use Pokémon even for the japanese releases.
    It was that who confused me about those two.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37456
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37459

Got one question too. The boxshots, are the downloaded locally first when you click the game in Rominator or are they downloaded when you add a game with drag and drop?

11. hankchill

Canada
    Allright, I'll change it [​IMG]

The box art is downloaded locally upon clicking on the game. Boxes are downloaded into a database so you only ever have to download it once. From there it loads the box art instantly.

Regards.

12. NemesisHunter

NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just wanted to say how such a terrific program this little thing is! I've been messing around with the program for a while now, and Hank, I'm simply amazed at each consecutive release you come out with, they never fail to impress me!

I have encountered a small problem though : It seems that upon loading the Rominator program after having tweaked with some "trainers" for a bunch of games on my list, I get a failed message stating the following : "There was an error loading the DS Database. It is possible that it does not exist anymore."

However, I checked my directory, and all my Roms are still present and intact, the backup saves as well as the actual clean roms.

I looked into the default settings directory of Rominator, that is, in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Rominator Data. Among the ".rsd" files, which of them could I try possibly deleting in order to refresh my games database and rebuild it?

Anyone encountered such problem?

13. NemesisHunter

NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hmmm..This is indeed really strange. As I've posted previously, my games folder I've set up as my default "games" playlist in the preferences menu are intact, yet Rominator is unable to detect the files.

I have tried to detect the problem by zipping out clean Roms out of my external harddrive, creating their own folder, and re-associating the default games playlist folder within Rominator to the newly created folder holding the recently unzipped Roms. Unexpectedly, Rominator does not detect the Roms I have just unzipped, implying that my Roms in the original folder that is now "undetectable" by Rominator have not been, after all, corrupted (seeing as I'm dealing with intact roms as experiments...).

14. yukine

yukine GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This program looks pretty slick, thanks.

15. Azimuth

Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    ok I have been playing with this under WINE in linux and the compatability has really dropped.

1. I get this everytime I update the database:

[​IMG]

2. This appears whenever I open and close the stastics window, same old problem

[​IMG]

3. Drap and Drop doesn't work at all.

4. Just hangs when reading game list from default rom directory

These are entirely due to WINE's compatability layer and in no way should rominator be blamed.
    Just keeping linux users posted on the changes

16. R-Unit 4

R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

I get the same problem he does...do I have to redownload?

17. Azimuth

Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    @R-unit 4, this is a Linux issue only, are you using Linux?, if so what version of WINE so I can put it in the compatability page

18. Lexal

Lexal Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Nice, ive found my roms, besides of that so couldnt the program fins any picture on the box on any ROM...Wehn ive found my roms can i just drag them to my Micro SD card and make my own list and name them?

19. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

France
    I've got the same problem on OS X .
    I can't rag and drop my roms too, it's telling me that there is a problem [​IMG].

- Add zip support please, or tar or anything [​IMG].

hankchill, if you want me to design some icons, let me know [​IMG] .

20. beautifulbeast

beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

I second that! Who do we have to talk to so that every new release appears in the front page? It's a great program and the world need to know!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rominator,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.