Gaming rom cant be read

agentorentz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys can anyone help me?ive been trying a lot of game roms lately and found almost all of them cant be read what does this mean,is it something wrong with my r4 or the roms coz simpsons and some new roms work its the wwe and mario party that doesnt seem to work also cooking mama2 thanks guys :'(

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have the most current firmware installed on the R4?

If so, try formatting the card (back up all your game data if you have saves and such you'd like to hold onto), and then put the latest firmware back onto the card and try again.

- Fitzy

agentorentz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys by reformating you mean downloading the latest kernel and put it on the sd card right?
wacko.gif

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe format card with fat 16 not fat 32 ,once there was a problem with acekard rpg, that it didnt launch one rom , because of fat 32 filesystem, maybe on other flashcarts the same thing occurs.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just in case.....

...you are unzipping them, right? That may sound ridiculous to even suggest, but you'd be surprised at how many people that are new to this don't realize that they need to be unzipped first. It has to be a gamename.nds file that goes on the card.

When you update your R4's firmware, you MUST delete the _DS_MENU.SYS file, otherwise weird stuff will happen. The file will be re-created by the new firmware the first time you boot the R4 with the new firmware installed. But it will try to use the old one if you leave it there after updating.

One more thing.....you're not trying to use a SDHC microSD are you? Those don't work in an R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...