Gaming Rockstar Games Table Tennis Controls (Help)

FreddeX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried the game for two hours, but I found it very hard to get predictable aiming (serves as well as returns). Tried the "Training" and can barely make the exercises, also tried an easy game which I lost with zero points both sets. I try to follow the on-screen instructions, but it just does not work well enough - results mostly feel random, i.e. all over the table with a higher percentage going to the left side (no matter what I do).

It says somewhere that you should not twist the wiimote, does that mean I should have it level (topside always up). I tried that also, but didn't seem to go any better than trying to hold/move the wiimote like a real racket. I was a darn good table tennis player in my younger years, maybe that's my problem ... trying to play this like for real.

Does anyone have any great tips on making the controls work? Or do you agree that control "precision" suck and that there is no solution, i.e. should I just give up? In the current state, it's just an awful experience making me long to play for real.

Thanks in advance,
Fred

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You hold the wiimote like its a ping pong bat. Then just swing. If you need to do a backhand, you play a backhand shot. Its just like playing the real game. Also try the more advanced controls were you use the nunchuck. Just using the wiimote makes the game really hard work.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
The games great if you play real table tennis but anyway look here:

_41380848_grips2_416.gif

You doing something wrong?

Try using the shake hands grip front.

Whoops just ready your first post again ¬_¬

Maybe you're trying to hard XD

FreddeX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
yeah I have no problem playing real table tennis, but thanks for the effort
biggrin.gif

I've been sitting in the training modes trying everything, but I can't get a reliable consistency. When doing a "motion" to hit to the right-side of the table it can just as well go to the left (really most times). I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the wiimote, so I'll see if I can borrow someone else's to try.

Thanks guys.

audyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played this some hours with family and friends, and I seem to have very reliable shots, but only with the nunchuck attached. With it attached, I can aim accurately on virtually every shot. Trying to aim with just the wiimote is not very reliable.

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played this some hours with family and friends, and I seem to have very reliable shots, but only with the nunchuck attached. With it attached, I can aim accurately on virtually every shot. Trying to aim with just the wiimote is not very reliable.

Played for a few more hours.. won the basic tourneys.. now ive figured out how it senses and can hit shots reliably.. although i find it to be almost too easy... I beat medium generally 11-1 all the time and hard 11-6 consistently.

Hmmmmmm although im quite good @ Real ping pong.

qwerty9876

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have played this some hours with family and friends, and I seem to have very reliable shots, but only with the nunchuck attached. With it attached, I can aim accurately on virtually every shot. Trying to aim with just the wiimote is not very reliable.

Played for a few more hours.. won the basic tourneys.. now ive figured out how it senses and can hit shots reliably.. although i find it to be almost too easy... I beat medium generally 11-1 all the time and hard 11-6 consistently.

Are you talking about aiming with the nunchuck? With the nunchuck, the controls are flawless....but I can't seem to aim with just the standard wiimote.

Anyone got it working?

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you talking about aiming with the nunchuck? With the nunchuck, the controls are flawless....but I can't seem to aim with just the standard wiimote.

Anyone got it working?

I'm talkingn without the nunchuck.. just standard wiimote... im pretty accurate , like 95% of time ball is where i want it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also play without Nunchuck. It's really funny, I first did the tutorial and after that I did my first competition in which I accidentally chose HARD! So I thought "Fuck, that's going to be tough" but I wanted to give it a go. And eventually I won every match until maybe the tenth, I lost one time. It's just that I do a lot of offensive shots (green one) and off course the marvelous focus shots. But still for me the golden rule is "DON'T wait until the ball is at your side". Most of the times I already swing only a nanosecond after my opponent has hit the ball.

I still love this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro