Rockman X Over announced for iOS

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Social facebook games as a rule of thumb do not take any actual skill or gameplay but are just a way to build up virtual assets for the sake of showing off.
Or encourage digital coin purchases.
Oh god, of course.

Here's the obvious thing Capcom will be doing with RockMan X Over, in-app purchase.
They already did this with the infamous Mega Man X iOS version.
gallery_125264_224_38512.jpg

Rockman X Over may end up being a free app, but you'll soon find it'll be quite expensive if you actually want to make your unique Mega Man quite strong...

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'm saying that people were happy with frequent releases of basically the same thing but god forbid "social", "Facebook", or "Twitter" is used in the same sentence as the game and you might as well break out the bagpipes and start playing Danny Boy.

We are obviously angry about the game being ugly as shit. Simple as that. Not the fact they've got support for facebook, twitter and whatever.
I think Mega Man 9 and 10 were great games, and their releases weren't too far from eachother.

But no sweat, I will make sure Mega Man games (under a different name) continue to be produced in the fashion they should be :)

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ever since Inafune left Crapcom, they started to make insults to Megaman, and this is another one. Another crappy flash game looking Megaman for the iOS. I'm glad Inafune left, because Capcom doesn't even care about their fans anymore, they just care about their money.

Inafune leaving (and calling Capcom out on their bullshit) is one of the reasons Capcom is destroying the Mega Man franchise in the first place.

I wonder how he feels about Capcom shitting all over his creation.

Why would you even do that? Shitting on your fans, shitting on one of your best selling and most well known IPs. There really is no logical reason.
They want to prove the name sells even tho it's content is total dung?

You answered your own question.

Capcom is run by complete idiots with unrealistic expectations, and are completely out of touch with the world.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to complaint to Capcom about it.. I do not think they do not read it here. Perhaps and perhaps not. Only way to complaint to Capcom is over there. I am sure that they will ignored you but we can just trying and tell them that! :)

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
one of your best selling and most well known IPs.

Um, not any more.

There's a reason Megaman games are in decline but Resident Evil and Capcom fighters are on the rise.

Yeah, and those reasons are Inafune leaving, Resident Evil being retooled for the Call of Duty audience, and "pro gamers" having a massive boner for Street Fighter.

But the main reason is Capcom's backwards retard logic: in Capcom's eyes, if it won't sell 50 billion copies in the first five seconds after it's released, it's not worth the effort.

I can't wait until Resident Evil and Street Fighter inevitably stop selling and Capcom screws itself over because they spent so much time pushing those two franchises their other franchises have all died off. The second part's already happened, now it's just a matter of waiting for the first part.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
one of your best selling and most well known IPs.

Um, not any more.

There's a reason Megaman games are in decline but Resident Evil and Capcom fighters are on the rise.
That much is true, they know that Megaman is not a huge success like it used to be.
Attempts to rejuvenate the series with Megaman ZX and ZX Advent were unsuccessful, the battle network series, although fan favourites, were subject to scoldings from critics.

But even the direction of Resident Evil and Capcom fighters has started leaving a seriously sour taste in fans' mouths. Resident Evil 6 appears to be more about quicktime events and cinematics than survival horror, in an attempt to cater to the Call of Duty audience. In fact, they said it, they want the Call of Duty audience!
Street Fighter X Tekken had extremely controversial on-disc DLC, the entire content was basically already complete on the disc, but they wanted you to pay to unlock it, and only months after the game was released. This is opposed to the fighting genre hallmark of unlocking new fighters, including joke characters like Mega Man (as he appears in this game), or the practical idea of actually adding new characters developed after release, actually expanding the roster.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 also did this with Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath, they were found on the disc. And then they came out with Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, more characters on each side, characters that couldn't be downloaded as DLC for the prior game, and with Jill and Shuma STILL separate DLC!

Megaman isn't the only guy with his share of problems at Capcom, the amount of SHIT I could talk about Capcom right now with how they just refuse to bring Monster Hunter to the west, and make Dragon Dogma in its, place, or how they're completely wrecking Devil May Cry with the DmC reboot.
The new Dante is appearing in Playstation All Stars Battle Royal, but why exactly? He hasn't actually starred in a game yet!
How about the ton of other games unlikely to leave Japan, like Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Ace Attorney 5, Layton x Ace Attorney?

UGH, Capcom

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and those reasons are Inafune leaving, Resident Evil being retooled for the Call of Duty audience, and "pro gamers" having a massive boner for Street Fighter.

But the main reason is Capcom's backwards retard logic: in Capcom's eyes, if it won't sell 50 billion copies in the first five seconds after it's released, it's not worth the effort.

I can't wait until Resident Evil and Street Fighter inevitably stop selling and Capcom screws itself over because they spent so much time pushing those two franchises their other franchises have all died off. The second part's already happened, now it's just a matter of waiting for the first part.

So a third person action game is being tailored for a first person shooter audience? Right...

Also, did you play Resident Evil 6? I played the demo and it was rather positive. It has action segments and horror segments. It's not just a straightforward shooter.

How is "if it doesn't sell, don't sell it" retarded logic? Sorry, Capcom needs to make money, that's the whole fucking point of their (or any company's) existence. Why waste time and resources on something that doesn't sell well?

I don't think Resident Evil or Street Fighter will stop selling any time soon. Even then, they're investing in new IPs. Dragon's Dogma has a positive future (and it should, the game is rather great), there's Remember Me, and I'd rather not want to think about DmC becoming franchised.

They still make Monster Hunter as well.

Megaman isn't the only guy with his share of problems at Capcom, the amount of SHIT I could talk about Capcom right now with how they just refuse to bring Monster Hunter to the west, and make Dragon Dogma in its, place, or how they're completely wrecking Devil May Cry with the DmC reboot.
The new Dante is appearing in Playstation All Stars Battle Royal, but why exactly? He hasn't actually starred in a game yet!
How about the ton of other games unlikely to leave Japan, like Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Ace Attorney 5, Layton x Ace Attorney?

Dragon's Dogma is SHITLOADS better than Monster Hunter. Like seriously, it feels more Monster Hunter than Monster Hunter does. It's got a few flaws but it spanks the shit out of Monster Hunter every single day in every single way.

DmC, ugh, I can't argue that. It is shit. The new Dante in PASBR is just for advertising honestly. Also the franchise is Sony-rooted (with the first three games being on the PS2 outside of a mediocre PC port for 3 and the HD Collection) and I guess they wanted to put the newest Dante in there.

Ace Attorney doesn't sell in the west most likely. Plus IDGAF about Ace Attorney anyway.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How is "if it doesn't sell, don't sell it" retarded logic? Sorry, Capcom needs to make money, that's the whole fucking point of their (or any company's) existence. Why waste time and resources on something that doesn't sell well?

Their expectations are absolutely absurd. They want all their games to sell with record breaking figures like Call of Duty achieves.
They seem capable of killing any franchise they want if it doesn't break their insane expectations. They think they are much bigger than they really are.

DmC is already experience a huge backlash without having been released, for more reasons than the controversial reboot of Dante and Vergil, but for gameplay reasons. If DmC suddenly flops because, big surprise, the fans hate it, then what?
Who will buy it? The fans? Of course not, they're depending on a new audience they're trying to attract, but what if that totally fails?
Devil May Cry as we know it may end there, because the reboot failed.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Guild: The battle network games were at least decent, and were actual games. I get frustrated at the "social" tag that this game gets. Have you ever tried a "social" game? You're going to be shit, you're going to have to wait forever to do anything, and you're going to be forced to connect with friends, and make new friends. It uses pyramid scheme like mechanics most of the time. and you also have to pay for anything. "You can do one battle an hour, but if you Pay a few dollars you can battle 10 times in one hour for the next 24 hours"...
I hate that shit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Their expectations are absolutely absurd. They want all their games to sell with record breaking figures like Call of Duty achieves.
They seem capable of killing any franchise they want if it doesn't break their insane expectations. They think they are much bigger than they really are.

DmC is already experience a huge backlash without having been released, for more reasons than the controversial reboot of Dante and Vergil, but for gameplay reasons. If DmC suddenly flops because, big surprise, the fans hate it, then what?
Who will buy it? The fans? Of course not, they're depending on a new audience they're trying to attract, but what if that totally fails?
Devil May Cry as we know it may end there, because the reboot failed.

Who doesn't want Call of Duty type figures in their sales? I wouldn't say their expectations are retarded, they just want to sell more. Why spend money developing a Megaman game when you can spend that money on a Resident Evil game will sell twice as much? It makes complete sense.

I don't think "wanting to sell well" is extreme expectations. It's just common sense. They're not gonna take a hit on profits just because a few grumpy fans said "WE WANT MEGAMAN". Fans always want localizations or new games but that doesn't guarantee success.

DmC is a major issue on their end but I hope it's a learning experience for them. That maybe retooling the franchise wasn't needed and they'll go back to a classic Dante. It feels very much like their "Other M". They send it off to a developer who hasn't touched the franchise (ironically both of them featuring "Ninja" in their names) and each of them try to do their own thing with the franchise. But that "thing" doesn't mesh with the franchise at all and it gets some major backlash from fans. Also both ruin otherwise great protagonists and have a lot of pointless shit narrative.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who doesn't want Call of Duty type figures in their sales? I wouldn't say their expectations are retarded, they just want to sell more. Why spend money developing a Megaman game when you can spend that money on a Resident Evil game will sell twice as much? It makes complete sense.

I don't think "wanting to sell well" is extreme expectations. It's just common sense. They're not gonna take a hit on profits just because a few grumpy fans said "WE WANT MEGAMAN". Fans always want localizations or new games but that doesn't guarantee success.

DmC is a major issue on their end but I hope it's a learning experience for them. That maybe retooling the franchise wasn't needed and they'll go back to a classic Dante. It feels very much like their "Other M". They send it off to a developer who hasn't touched the franchise (ironically both of them featuring "Ninja" in their names) and each of them try to do their own thing with the franchise. But that "thing" doesn't mesh with the franchise at all and it gets some major backlash from fans. Also both ruin otherwise great protagonists and have a lot of pointless shit narrative.

Obvious the million sale mark is quite alluring, but not everyone can do it. I'm pretty sure I remember looking at exact figures for what they expect their games to sell and they were ridiculous, I just don't know where they are.
And not everyone has the IPs that can actually produce those sorts of sales figures.
Their expectations are so high that they may even be their undoing, seriously.

A large part of the problem is that they are compromising what made their existing IPs successes by trying to nickel and dime customers with DLC, or change major aspects to appeal to a much larger, but different audience.

The reason I mentioned Dragon's Dogma earlier, along with DmC is because Capcom appear to be trying to reach the Western audience now by relying on new IPs or refurbishing other ones. This could end up going very sour.

You don't like this game? Don't bloody comment.
That's now how you try and get companies to actually make the games you would like. Hell, speak up, show your dissatisfaction, encourage them to make something SATISFYING!

They're gonna figure out their own ways to decide what games they need to make for a profit, but Capcom seem to be treading all over most of their fans in one way or another as of late.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

This would be a very boring forum, if nothing negative was allowed to be said. If 85% of the responses in a gaming forum are negative about a "game", it probably is something wrong with said game. Not counting in fanboy flame wars now.
"Why did they cancel X and release this instead?" is a perfectly valid opinion (or question).

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This would be a very boring forum, if nothing negative was allowed to be said. If 85% of the responses in a gaming forum are negative about a "game", it probably is something wrong with said game. Not counting in fanboy flame wars now.
"Why did they cancel X and release this instead?" is a perfectly valid opinion (or question).

Reading the first two pages made me sick. They're not even being negative, they're just whinning for canceled games. It may not be a good step, but it's the company's decision and if you don't like it, then don't bother with it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Reading the first two pages made me sick. They're not even being negative, they're just whinning for canceled games. It may not be a good step, but it's the company's decision and if you don't like it, then don't bother with it.
If people are continuing to whine about Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation, it's for many reasons other than just not getting the game, but also how Capcom has been treating them.
Capcom basically said it was the fan's fault for not taking part in the development, SERIOUSLY.

So when that happens, and then atrocities like Mega Man X on iOS and Rockman X Over are getting made, that's why they're still whining!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Hmm, I so wish Inafune would make a kickstarter page, people would donate and buy the game, securing a certain amount of sales. Now if it would be enough sales, I don't know... but I would hope so.. and that capcom would see what they neglected.

If you don't like reading it, don't read it.
However, If no one would complain, every statistics that would be found on a google search would be positive about everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc