rockband 3 Nand emulation

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by terminal_illness, Oct 28, 2010.

Oct 28, 2010
  1. terminal_illness
    OP

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    so i had a nand set up with all my rockband 2 songs on it.

i fired up rockband 3 the exact same way i fired up rockband 2 (u loader with dlc from hd and cios 222 base 37)

and it worked flawlessly after about 10 minutes of loading my dlc... except when i loaded it there was an error saying i couldnt have more than 1000 songs.

i played for quite a while then exited and tried to load it again later the same way

and when it started to load my dlc the second time it froze on the first dlc loading.

but it worked once!!! but never again...

any ideas on what i have to do to get it to load my dlc from nand on hd?

its my understanding that the game requires ios 56. do i need a cios with base 56 maybe then?

any suggestions on what rev if i am right? help please.

thanks
    Term.

edit: well i installed 20b with base 56, however uloader can only use 222/223 is there a version of uloader that lets me use nand emulation with 249/250??

or any other loader that has a working nand emulation for dlc?

2. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try installing Waninkoko's rev20b base 56 to slot 223. Worth a shot...

3. WaxTrax!

Newcomer WaxTrax! Newbie

Can't have more than 1,000 songs.....this is approximately how many songs fit on a 32 GB SD card. I'm guessing this was done on purpose. That'll be too bad if that's the case -- there goes the dream of the ultimate "karaoke with points" system :-) But I guess time will tell on that one

4. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States

Yeah, that 1,000 song limit is a real bummer, I was hoping I could drop having Rock Band 2, and replace it completely with Rock Band 3. But i too tried the nand loading through USB for Rock Band 3, and it got to the point in the upper left corner where it said importing songs 1 of 1,835 but then froze. I didn't get the error about too many songs, but its possible that this is why it froze I'm sure. I'm guessing the developers became aware of nand emulation/rawksd and wanted to at least hinder its continued use.

5. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So there is no more problems with the memory leak playing this game via USB loading to SD card with the dlc?

6. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Mine froze on 1 of 872, so we may have to revise the 1000 song limit. Whats the most people have got loading successfully?

7. terminal_illness
    OP

Canada

i dont know why i didnt think of that!

8. Ratmonkey

Newcomer Ratmonkey Member

United States
    I was getting the same problem. I went through and deleted all the DLC off my HDD and got rb3 to load. I went into the music store and it still showed all the tracks as purchased. I downloaded 1 track and when I backed out of the store it stuck on loading 1/1. I believe it will not load any songs under uloaders nand emu.

As (unless someone knows how) Wanin 20b installer will not let you install into hermes slots (202,222,223,224) at least i was unable to.

terminal_illness did you do anything different the first time you loaded rb3 because I did not even get it to load once.

EDIT: Ok I have it working but it will not (as far as I can see) work with the nand emu. I can play (as long as my save is on the actual nand or sd nand not usb because even if i uncheck the use dlc from nand it still tries to load) and all my "purchased" songs can download to sd and play. But no nand emu. [​IMG]

9. hulk691

Newcomer hulk691 Member

Singapore
    You can try using Mod Mii, the Advance selections there is option tho download and install cios to any slot.

10. BobZhome

Newcomer BobZhome Member

United States
    Coming to a wii near you soon:
    [​IMG]

11. hulk691

Newcomer hulk691 Member

Singapore
    I can confirm that you can use UNEEK+DI to load the game with 4 gen of songs.That 959 songs from gen 2 to gen 5. It's still loading the songs so I have not play any songs yet.
    Will try it with all 5 gen of songs and update here.

Update : Okay loading takes some time. After if gives the message about the 1000 songs limit, when I go to the quickplay, the total of songs shows 199. But when I total up the song it is 1049. So I think the 1000 song is just a message. You can load more than that. Randomly played a song, no problem.

P.S. Now to include all 5 gens of song and song RawkSD custom to see if it can load.

Update : Nope no go, after you reach the limit (mine is 1049) any new songs will not show. If you remove the old songs, the new songs will show. Good news is it loads faster than RB2. For RawkSD custom it can show but cannot play. "Cannot restore to Wii memory"

12. choizmeatz

Newcomer choizmeatz Member

United States
    hi hulk, are you using NTSC USA disc or PAL? if PAL, are your DLCs on NTSC?

13. hulk691

Newcomer hulk691 Member

Singapore
    I'm using UNEEK+DI NTSC iso and NTSC DLC.

14. x4mer

Newcomer x4mer Member

Canada
    So you have no mic support right?

Last I checked, UNEEK or any SNEEK version with DI, tied up the entire USB bus leaving it unavailable for anything but the HDD.

15. hulk691

Newcomer hulk691 Member

Singapore
    Yes, not the solution for RB3 nand emulation. No support for other instrument.

16. terminal_illness
    OP

Canada

where is that?>??? i have latest modmii and i dont see any advance section.

never mind i found it, and tried installing 249 rev 20 base 56 into slott 222 and 223 and no go in uloader, it freezes on the blue uloader loading screen. boo urns...

we need a custom rockband loader. is uloader open source?

17. steakk

Newcomer steakk Newbie

United States
    I gotta ask, how'd you manage to get RB2 and/or RB3 working in UNEEK+DI? I have been trying for days to no avail. Even with a clean Virgin NAND (via ModMii) I can not get RB2 or RB3 to load, let alone any DLC.

Were there any tips/tricks you had to do to get the RB series working on the UNEEK+DI setup? Any information that you might want to pass down [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Jason

18. hulk691

Newcomer hulk691 Member

Singapore
    Use Uniiloader. It's more stable.

19. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got RB3 working in UNEEK+DI fairly easily. RB2 works fine in uLoader, so I haven't bothered with that.

I tried a clean NAND, via ModMii like you did, and the game started but continuously gave a "save file is corrupt" error, even immediately after creating a new one. I also used the ModMii game extractor to convert the game, by the way.

After starting over a few times I did get one to finally work correctly. Then I wanted to check the music store, so I went through a bunch of trouble of cleaning up my real NAND to get a dump that didn't have cIOSs and such, which loaded just fine. I still can't get into the music store though...

Finally, I copied over some DLC to see if that would load right, and it did. I haven't played any songs yet, but I don't see it causing any problems.

Anyway, you didn't say where it is exactly that it fails to load. I doubt I can help you much since I didn't have a problem with that, and I'm still somewhat new to (S/U)NEEK, but I'm sure it would more experienced people to have a little more info

20. granberro

Newcomer granberro Member

Spain
    DLC working with Uloader on emulated NAND is not a matter of cIOS. When RB3 discovers new DLC on a SD, it updates it's song database. When RB3 finds songs on NAND that are not on it's database, it freezes.