rock band instruments not working with HBC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djjomon, Jan 25, 2009.

Jan 25, 2009
  1. djjomon
    OP

Newcomer djjomon Member

United States
    yesterday i downgraded my wii to firmware 3.2 so i have been loading games with gecko OS. now today when i try to play rock band 2 my wireless intruments will not connect. i dont want to undo 3 hours of homebrew to fix this if i dont have to. does anyone know what i can do?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    ???
    You can use the rock band instruments as wiimote replacement? I'm totally confused. [​IMG]

3. djjomon
    OP

Newcomer djjomon Member

United States
    sorry, i didnt explain that correctly. ill edit the first post for information

4. WiiPower

Germany
    Do they still work, when you launch the game from the disc channel? I would expect usb instrument not to work with Gecko OS.

5. djjomon
    OP

Newcomer djjomon Member

United States
    im on firmware 3.2. i cant use the disc channel without updating and losing my homebrew.

after doing some research i found a menu loader that resets the wii under specific custom options. after using it i tried playing RB2 and didnt have any luck. after going back to the wii menu via the home button i was able to load the game with the disc channel (some how) without upgrading. now i just need to play around and make sure that all of my homebrew is still on the wii

6. WiiPower

Germany
    When you are at 3.2, get starfall and enable its update blocker. The disc channel won't prompt you to update anymore with this. And if you enable the 2 options needed to autoboot Zelda and have the twilight savegame still on your Wii, you have some protection against bricks, not 100%, but very useful if you need it. If you want to use this feature TEST IT!

7. djjomon
    OP

Newcomer djjomon Member

United States
    i already had a backed up copy of my TP save so thats not a problem. and i used the wii menu loader to reset the wii and block updates. its a little bit of a hassle but it works for me. and the drums are currently in use too

i do still have my homebrew

8. WiiPower

Germany
    Starfall installs permanently(until you deinstall it or update), and the brick protection is a must if you want to install custom channels.