Rock Band 3 keyboard

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by vegemikee, Oct 30, 2010.

Oct 30, 2010

Rock Band 3 keyboard by vegemikee at 6:31 AM (1,107 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. vegemikee
    OP

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I don't want to buy it from my local EB retailer for $140, as I've seen it cheaper from online US retailers. Will buying a keyboard from the US work with a PAL game?

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    never heard of a region locked controller before, so id say shop with confidence

3. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Agreed with the above, but make sure there's a way to return it if it doesn't work.

4. Sheikonh

Newcomer Sheikonh Advanced Member

Spain
    I tried a RB 2 drum kit NTSC (here, in Europe, the RB 2 instruments never came... T-T) and it doesn't work. Altough, you can buy a keyboard at UK or here, in Spain. They are very cheap (in USA more, but... you know), only 80 euros/80 pounds.

5. vegemikee
    OP

Australia
    Hm ok... so if I order an NTSC-U copy from the US bundled with the keyboard, it'll work on a PAL Wii? I have my Wii region unlocked, in case that makes a difference

6. Sheikonh

Newcomer Sheikonh Advanced Member

Spain
    No, it'll not work (my RB 2 NTSC-U drum kit didn't worked...). I recommend you to purchase a keyboard from EU, more specifically at UK, but... It's still not out. It's gonna be released in november 12th, as same as the Pro Drums and the Pro Guitar.

7. vegemikee
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the feedback. Can someone else confirm that this is true? I don't want to buy a UK keyboard and then realise that the much cheaper US version is also compatible with the PAL game

8. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It doesn't make sense they would be region locked. If a controller was region locked, then it would only work with the game of the same region, not a console.