Rock Band 3 keyboard

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by vegemikee, Oct 30, 2010.

1. vegemikee
    OP

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2008
    I don't want to buy it from my local EB retailer for $140, as I've seen it cheaper from online US retailers. Will buying a keyboard from the US work with a PAL game?

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    never heard of a region locked controller before, so id say shop with confidence

3. SFenton

SFenton ಠ_ಠ

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Derp
    Agreed with the above, but make sure there's a way to return it if it doesn't work.

4. Sheikonh

Sheikonh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2009
    Catalunya
    I tried a RB 2 drum kit NTSC (here, in Europe, the RB 2 instruments never came... T-T) and it doesn't work. Altough, you can buy a keyboard at UK or here, in Spain. They are very cheap (in USA more, but... you know), only 80 euros/80 pounds.

5. vegemikee
    OP

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2008
    Hm ok... so if I order an NTSC-U copy from the US bundled with the keyboard, it'll work on a PAL Wii? I have my Wii region unlocked, in case that makes a difference

6. Sheikonh

Sheikonh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2009
    Catalunya
    No, it'll not work (my RB 2 NTSC-U drum kit didn't worked...). I recommend you to purchase a keyboard from EU, more specifically at UK, but... It's still not out. It's gonna be released in november 12th, as same as the Pro Drums and the Pro Guitar.

7. vegemikee
    OP

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback. Can someone else confirm that this is true? I don't want to buy a UK keyboard and then realise that the much cheaper US version is also compatible with the PAL game

8. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    It doesn't make sense they would be region locked. If a controller was region locked, then it would only work with the game of the same region, not a console.