Hardware Rock Band 3 Keyboard won't sync.

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! I have a copy of Rock Band 3 and the keyboard and they were working perfectly fine. I had no issues syncing and playing with the keyboard. However, I recently activated my shop channel using v20 of the shop channel and IOS56-64-v5662. I managed to activate the shop channel fine, along with the news and weather channels. I had since been able to go online and download some free songs from the RBN and Guitar Hero Stores.

Unfortunately, and I only noticed this a day or so after activating, but it seems my keyboard no longer wants to sync to the Wii. When I plug the dongle in, it flashes but when I turn the keyboard on, the LED on the dongle goes solid. The power light on the keyboard is on, but it is not assigned a player number.

So I tried resyncing it, but now it doesn't want to. I press the sync button on the dongle and the light goes out while I hold it down. I release it and it goes back to a solid light. When I press the sync button on the keyboard it simply flashes the 4 player indicator lights and then goes out. It has not been able to sync since.

And finally, since the update, my RB3 disc has not been working. When I try to run it through the disc channel, I get the "Error with the Disc" message and have to reboot. I tried loading it up in USB Loader GX and it now works fine from there, but I can't get the disc itself to load up.

When I plug the dongle in, it flashes but when I turn the keyboard on, the LED on the dongle goes solid. The power light on the keyboard is on, but it is not assigned a player number. So I tried resyncing it, but now it doesn't want to. Is this a known bug? And if so, is there a fix for it? I apologize for the long message. I'm getting desperate here. My keyboard arrived from Amazon just last week and I haven't been able to get much more than a few hours' worth of gameplay from it yet. :-(

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your keyboard is synced, but it will only be assigned a player number while Rock Band 3 is running.

If your RB3 disc is an original, try cleaning it. If it's not an original, go buy it.

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Your keyboard is synced, but it will only be assigned a player number while Rock Band 3 is running.

If your RB3 disc is an original, try cleaning it. If it's not an original, go buy it.

Thanks, tueidj. It's an original disc - I got the keyboard and game bundle. It's not being recognized in the game - none of the player indicator lights turn on at all. They just flash while I hold the sync button on the side of the keyboard. But the dongle is a solid light. And I still can't use the keyboard - it's not recognized.

I read somewhere that IOS56 affects the USB device recognition - is that a possibility? And if so, how can I roll it back to restore USB functionality?

D

Deleted-188346

I would love if people helped this user.
I have the same problem, yet people ignored my topic after awhile.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now I'm confused, you said the disc wouldn't load but now you're saying it won't assign the keyboard to a player slot while the game is running? How is the game running if the disc won't load?

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Now I'm confused, you said the disc wouldn't load but now you're saying it won't assign the keyboard to a player slot while the game is running? How is the game running if the disc won't load?

The disc itself won't load if I try to play the game straight off it, but if I rip it to the hard drive, it runs perfectly fine through USB Loader GX. Like I said, though, it's an original disc.

When I get the game to load, I can use all the other peripherals - though as they're guitars and drums from GH:WOR, they use Wiimotes and I don't run into any issues with them.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
freefisheater said:
The disc itself won't load if I try to play the game straight off it, but if I rip it to the hard drive, it runs perfectly fine through USB Loader GX. Like I said, though, it's an original disc.
Obviously it's not perfectly fine, because the keyboard doesn't work. Forget about any usb loaders/cios crap, they're a recipe for fail. Concentrate only on getting the game to run as it was intended, using the disc from the system menu.

What is the exact error message it gives?

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
freefisheater said:
Obviously it's not perfectly fine, because the keyboard doesn't work. Forget about any usb loaders/cios crap, they're a recipe for fail. Concentrate only on getting the game to run as it was intended, using the disc from the system menu.

What is the exact error message it gives?

"An Error has occurred. Press
the Eject Button and remove
the disc, then turn the Wii
console off and refer to the
Wii Operations Manual for
help troubleshooting."

When I pop the disc in, I get the little disc channel intro to the game (the animated title card with the music and everything) but when I click on start, I get the above error message. White text on a black background.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Run AnyTitleDeleter and delete IOS56, when you next insert the disc at the system menu it should ask to do an update. Let it update and try launching the game again.

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Run AnyTitleDeleter and delete IOS56, when you next insert the disc at the system menu it should ask to do an update. Let it update and try launching the game again.

Okay, I'll try that when I get home - I'm still at work now. But if I delete IOS56, that would mean my shop, news and weather channels will cease to work, right? And that I'd have to turn off WiiConnect24? Also, do I have to disable Priiloader's Disc and Internet update blocking?

D

Deleted-188346

freefisheater said:
tueidj said:

Okay, I'll try that when I get home - I'm still at work now. But if I delete IOS56, that would mean my shop, news and weather channels will cease to work, right? And that I'd have to turn off WiiConnect24? Also, do I have to disable Priiloader's Disc and Internet update blocking?
Don't ever delete IOS's, ever. Only replace them, and even then, only replace IOS's which are not system IOS's. If you'd like to update your IOS's, then use this guide.

I have the same problem as you, although I might have found a solution in another thread, but I haven't tried it yet.
Try using cIOS 249 r20 base57.
If that doesn't work, then a few people have had some success with cIOS 249 r20 base56, and cIOS223 v4 37 merged with 38.

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Porobu: Will that overwrite and break the IOS56 that I used to enable the Shop Channel, etc.?

@tueidj: This Wii I purchased came with all of this preloaded on it already.

@Puppy_Washer: Lemme know if you've gotten it to work already. I'd really really appreciate all the help I can get on this. :-) I encountered pretty much the same treatment on other boards and other sites: pretty much ignored. :-(

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Porobu: Will that overwrite and break the IOS56 that I used to enable the Shop Channel, etc.?

@tueidj: This Wii I purchased came with all of this preloaded on it already.

@Puppy_Washer: Lemme know if you've gotten it to work already. I'd really really appreciate all the help I can get on this. :-) I encountered pretty much the same treatment on other boards and other sites: pretty much ignored. :-(

D

Deleted-188346

freefisheater said:
Lemme know if you've gotten it to work already. I'd really really appreciate all the help I can get on this. :-) I encountered pretty much the same treatment on other boards and other sites: pretty much ignored. :-(
Absolutely, if I find a solution, I'll post back here, or message you. I purchased the 103-button guitar recently, so I can relate as to how disappointing it is for the keyboard to not work.
sad.gif

QUOTE(Porobu @ Jan 12 2011, 01:47 PM) Use Gecko OS to load the disc. It will install the IOS that the game needs
I tried this, and it didn't work. I thought that Gecko OS only used the IOS's which the Wii currently has, and simply bypassed the update request?
I also updated my IOS's and used Gecko OS, with no improvement.

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
freefisheater said:
Lemme know if you've gotten it to work already. I'd really really appreciate all the help I can get on this. :-) I encountered pretty much the same treatment on other boards and other sites: pretty much ignored. :-(
Absolutely, if I find a solution, I'll post back here, or message you. I purchased the 103-button guitar recently, so I can relate as to how disappointing it is for the keyboard to not work.
sad.gif

Oh, you got the mustang? How is it? I saw it for sale here, but it's being priced ridiculously out of reach - the equivalent of about 250USD with the game! My only worry with it is it sounds like the fret buttons could either be too mushy or confusing to play with. Lord knows trying out the keyboard for the first time in Pro Keys on Medium mode was confusing enough! :-P

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that you've possibly maxed out the number of sync'able devices to your Wii? I think you can only sync 10, and then won't sync any more unless you reset your Wii. Just a thought.

freefisheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mechadylan said:
Any chance that you've possibly maxed out the number of sync'able devices to your Wii? I think you can only sync 10, and then won't sync any more unless you reset your Wii. Just a thought.

I think you can sync up to 10 different Wii remotes, yeah. But the keyboard (and other Rock Band instruments) use USB wireless dongles that, I think, don't count toward that limit. And besides, I've only got 4 remotes.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY