Rock band 2?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ga1l0w, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008

Rock band 2? by Ga1l0w at 6:04 AM (1,607 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Ga1l0w
    OP

Member Ga1l0w GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have 3.2u installed with backup launcher and starfall installed. I'm getting a backup of rb2 soon, and I already own the gh4 band kit. I heard that you need some kind of special IOS and update to use rb2 (I'll be using gh instruments). Anyone know what's going on with this?

2. dnmn8r

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    only if your using the rockband instruments..

3. Billydick888

Newcomer Billydick888 Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah im running 3.3u and im using the Guitar hero instuments and they work FLAWLESSLY its actually the only thing im proud of right now! i havnt tested the world tour guitar for fear it wont work but the GH3 guitar is my fav so far and works like a charm, you should be fine!

4. Yeah, you need to install a different cIOS with gamma.

Modified cIOS

Go there and use the multi cIOS installer, you don't need the softchip loader or anything.

Go through and choose...

install cIOS37 as cIOS37 dip (something...I forgot but it has to both be 37) then choose install as 249.

Now the gamma backup launcher is now compatible with Rock Band and Guitar Hero! [​IMG]

5. ppc_gba

Member ppc_gba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    on the subject of rb2, i read this on rlslog:
    i wonder if there's any truth to it. hopefully once the dlc comes out it can be released in wads, we might need a savefile modifying tool though, since i think it just gets added to your custom songs save.

also, has anyone tried using the rb2 old song import feature to dump the songs off a backup copy of rock band 1?
    edit: also curious if this works for track packs 1 and 2...
    edit2: wait i think the import feature is only for ps3/360.. damn, well i guess they might offer the rb1 tracks as dlc.

6. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Although I've been around long enough to learn to never say something is impossible, what is described is highly unlikely. A key for each disc means each disc must be pressed differently, but this is not how discs are pressed - it's one master used to press millions of discs, all the same. You are no longer mass producing small pieces of plastic for cheap if you need to produce each one separately. This doesn't mean such a thing is impossible, but it would add unnecessary cost and make RB2 production a great deal harder than it otherwise would be.

7. monkey04

Newcomer monkey04 Advanced Member

Canada
    I have Rock Band 2 and the GH:WT instruments all work and using the WT drums is so much better

8. Ga1l0w
    OP

Canada
    I already have cIOS249 installed in order to run gamma. Apparently I dont need another IOS if I plan on sticking with the GH instruments. Thanks for the help.

Also, I was kinda hoping for some DLC once I beat the game. Hopefully it'll work.

9. jpref

Newcomer jpref Advanced Member

Canada
    loaded RB2 once, then it crashed while playing nirvana, wont load anymore and is giving dvd read errors (409) in gamma and read error in softchip, dang, such a good game. lens might be going not sure yet as it seems to load other backups/ originals.

10. It's not the normal cIOS but a modified cIOS. It's not the same one that comes with gamma.

11. jpref

Canada
    @Kur - strange, as it loaded once with gamma, you know how to make it work ?

12. Ga1l0w
    OP

Canada
    Is this for instrument compatibility or the whole game?

13. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The drivers for the usb instruments are included in IOS37. So, if you want usb instruments you need either IOS37 or a cIOS37.

14. CIJC

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

he doesn't need too.... if he is using the world tour instruments... you dont need any kind of fix

its working perfect for me [​IMG]

and ignore all those things that say the orange cymbal sits there and does nothing. the orange cymbal registers as a blue note (aswell as the blue pad) [​IMG]

15. Ga1l0w
    OP

Canada
    Thats the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

16. jpref

Canada
    thanks for the feedback, got it going now, faulty disks (look out for verbatium with codes PAP691ME ) as i now have a few coasters. the game is awesome