Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have 3.2u installed with backup launcher and starfall installed. I'm getting a backup of rb2 soon, and I already own the gh4 band kit. I heard that you need some kind of special IOS and update to use rb2 (I'll be using gh instruments). Anyone know what's going on with this?

Billydick888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah im running 3.3u and im using the Guitar hero instuments and they work FLAWLESSLY its actually the only thing im proud of right now! i havnt tested the world tour guitar for fear it wont work but the GH3 guitar is my fav so far and works like a charm, you should be fine!

K

Kurisuellegarden

Yeah, you need to install a different cIOS with gamma.

Modified cIOS

Go there and use the multi cIOS installer, you don't need the softchip loader or anything.

Go through and choose...

install cIOS37 as cIOS37 dip (something...I forgot but it has to both be 37) then choose install as 249.

Now the gamma backup launcher is now compatible with Rock Band and Guitar Hero!
biggrin.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the subject of rb2, i read this on rlslog:
QUOTE said:
Each disc has a unique game key that links to your Wii ID. The game uploads all information (even character changes) to the RB server, which also allows you to access your game data over the internet. This will probably also prevent you from using DLC without purchasing an original disc.
If you don't want to deal with all that though, there should be a setting to keep it from trying to connect to the server (besides turning off the Wii's connectivity).
i wonder if there's any truth to it. hopefully once the dlc comes out it can be released in wads, we might need a savefile modifying tool though, since i think it just gets added to your custom songs save.

also, has anyone tried using the rb2 old song import feature to dump the songs off a backup copy of rock band 1?
edit: also curious if this works for track packs 1 and 2...
edit2: wait i think the import feature is only for ps3/360.. damn, well i guess they might offer the rb1 tracks as dlc.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
on the subject of rb2, i read this on rlslog:
QUOTE said:
Each disc has a unique game key that links to your Wii ID. The game uploads all information (even character changes) to the RB server, which also allows you to access your game data over the internet. This will probably also prevent you from using DLC without purchasing an original disc.
If you don't want to deal with all that though, there should be a setting to keep it from trying to connect to the server (besides turning off the Wii's connectivity).
i wonder if there's any truth to it. hopefully once the dlc comes out it can be released in wads, we might need a savefile modifying tool though, since i think it just gets added to your custom songs save.
Although I've been around long enough to learn to never say something is impossible, what is described is highly unlikely. A key for each disc means each disc must be pressed differently, but this is not how discs are pressed - it's one master used to press millions of discs, all the same. You are no longer mass producing small pieces of plastic for cheap if you need to produce each one separately. This doesn't mean such a thing is impossible, but it would add unnecessary cost and make RB2 production a great deal harder than it otherwise would be.

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already have cIOS249 installed in order to run gamma. Apparently I dont need another IOS if I plan on sticking with the GH instruments. Thanks for the help.

Also, I was kinda hoping for some DLC once I beat the game. Hopefully it'll work.

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loaded RB2 once, then it crashed while playing nirvana, wont load anymore and is giving dvd read errors (409) in gamma and read error in softchip, dang, such a good game. lens might be going not sure yet as it seems to load other backups/ originals.

K

Kurisuellegarden

It's not the normal cIOS but a modified cIOS. It's not the same one that comes with gamma.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ga1l0w said:
Kurisuellegarden said:
It's not the normal cIOS but a modified cIOS. It's not the same one that comes with gamma.
Is this for instrument compatibility or the whole game?

The drivers for the usb instruments are included in IOS37. So, if you want usb instruments you need either IOS37 or a cIOS37.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Kurisuellegarden said:

Modified cIOS

Go there and use the multi cIOS installer, you don't need the softchip loader or anything.

Go through and choose...

install cIOS37 as cIOS37 dip (something...I forgot but it has to both be 37) then choose install as 249.

biggrin.gif

he doesn't need too.... if he is using the world tour instruments... you dont need any kind of fix

its working perfect for me
smile.gif

and ignore all those things that say the orange cymbal sits there and does nothing. the orange cymbal registers as a blue note (aswell as the blue pad)
biggrin.gif

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CIJC said:
Kurisuellegarden said:

Modified cIOS

Go through and choose...

biggrin.gif

he doesn't need too.... if he is using the world tour instruments... you dont need any kind of fix

its working perfect for me
smile.gif

and ignore all those things that say the orange cymbal sits there and does nothing. the orange cymbal registers as a blue note (aswell as the blue pad)
biggrin.gif
Thats the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the feedback, got it going now, faulty disks (look out for verbatium with codes PAP691ME ) as i now have a few coasters. the game is awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night