Hacking Rock Band 2 DLC

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so for those who aren't up to snuff on the RB2 technical achievements, read here. 2nd page at the bottom is the DLC part in particular.

Basically, RB2 will allow DLC: all the DLC from RB1, and all DLC from RB2. So my question is, will the DLC be like a WAD install, or can it be moved from system to system, etc ????

My old roommate has a PS3, and recently old roommate got one as well, and he gave him all the DLC he had from RB1 from his system, since it can be imported to RB2, and sure enough, it worked on the second PS3 as well.

So my question is, do you think DLC be interchangeable from system to system ???? I wouldn't mind trading with someone, or something to that effect. Let me know if anyone is interested, I don't really mind fronting some of the money to put together a huge pack for everyone else to have. I've gotten enough free stuff in my lifetime anyways, thanks to this and many other sites.

I just don't want to buy all the songs outright again. I guess it left a sour taste in my mouth that I helped my buddy buy some of that original DLC before I knew they were making RB1 or 2 for the Wii. Had I known, I would have just held out for it, and bought every song I liked for the Wii.

BTW, RB2 is scheduled for Dec 22nd release date.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
mexiken said:
Ok, so for those who aren't up to snuff on the RB2 technical achievements, read here. 2nd page at the bottom is the DLC part in particular.

Basically, RB2 will allow DLC: all the DLC from RB1, and all DLC from RB2. So my question is, will the DLC be like a WAD install, or can it be moved from system to system, etc ????

My old roommate has a PS3, and recently old roommate got one as well, and he gave him all the DLC he had from RB1 from his system, since it can be imported to RB2, and sure enough, it worked on the second PS3 as well.

So my question is, do you think DLC be interchangeable from system to system ???? I wouldn't mind trading with someone, or something to that effect. Let me know if anyone is interested, I don't really mind fronting some of the money to put together a huge pack for everyone else to have. I've gotten enough free stuff in my lifetime anyways, thanks to this and many other sites.

I just don't want to buy all the songs outright again. I guess it left a sour taste in my mouth that I helped my buddy buy some of that original DLC before I knew they were making RB1 or 2 for the Wii. Had I known, I would have just held out for it, and bought every song I liked for the Wii.

BTW, RB2 is scheduled for Dec 22nd release date.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

prob not

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. why the hell would the guy above me quote the exact question when its obvious he's replying to it when he's got the first post.

2. how did the dlc tracks get shared between 2 ps2's? removable storage or what?

3. if its anything like the dlc for world tour... no.

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
1. why the hell would the guy above me quote the exact question when its obvious he's replying to it when he's got the first post.

2. how did the dlc tracks get shared between 2 ps2's? removable storage or what?

3. if its anything like the dlc for world tour... no.

1. No idea.

2. I talked to him last night, and basically he just gave him his PS3 logon, and he logged in on the new PS3, and boom, was allowed to "re-download" everything again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.