dhjohn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a suggestion on a good, (preferably) free program for ripping video from a dvd?
I am running linux (ubuntu), but also have easy access to vista and xp (though the xp's graphics card is not great.)

I attempted to rip the episodes from an anime dvd (with the subtitles), and then convert the ".avi"s to .dpg with the linux converter, but this has caused he .dpg videos to have annoying scratching noises right at some chapter breaks. The noises are on the same breaks no matter the method I've used to convert. The strange thing is, the noise is not present on the .avi.

I attempted to use the converter provided with Sakura, but it did not recognised the video codec.

Has anyone dealt with this before, and/or knows how to deal with it or get around it?
Any help would be great, thanks.
~dhjohn

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
I attempted to use the converter provided with Sakura, but it did not recognised the video codec.

Maybe not the issue, but try using an older M3Sakura DSM Encoder... I use 1.34 1st Edition.

Hope you resolve it.

yaynds.gif

dhjohn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I was able to get DSMEncoder to work after re-ripping the videos off the DVD using a different video codec, and the dsm files do not have the noise, so I'm happy.

~dhjohn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol