ROM Hack Ripping DS ROMs audio

Fefo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Snd folder: lots of .adx, with suggestive names as BMG_BTL_LASTBOSS (lol), some .mods files and a sound_data.sdat. What do you suggest?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
adx are sounds (Criware to be more exact)
mods are the movies (not way to view or edit or rip them from my knowledge and are coded in the Moby clip encoder)
sdat are sounds again.

If my memory isn't wrong, only sdat can contain midi (for what ever reason you want them) so it's possible there are only 4 sound in midi version and the rest is on the adx.
The suggestive titles don't tell you if there is the music you want??
Anyway, adXtract is a tool to extract adx and if you really want midi, search online for converters to midi.

By the way, you didn't mention "midi" anywhere in your first post / title

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I ripped the Radiant Historia soundtrack that there was nothing in the .sdat and yet... everything else was individual .adx files

actually there wasn't even an .sdat on that, it was just one file with everything and then the .adx files

seeing as both are atlus releases, i'm sure that SMT: Strange Journey is similar in its internal makeup.

Fefo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
adx are sounds (Criware to be more exact)
mods are the movies (not way to view or edit or rip them from my knowledge and are coded in the Moby clip encoder)
sdat are sounds again.

If my memory isn't wrong, only sdat can contain midi (for what ever reason you want them) so it's possible there are only 4 sound in midi version and the rest is on the adx.
The suggestive titles don't tell you if there is the music you want??
Anyway, adXtract is a tool to extract adx and if you really want midi, search online for converters to midi.

By the way, you didn't mention "midi" anywhere in your first post / title

I specified latter, sorry.

Anyway, do you know how to use adXtract? a simple drag & drop like ndssndext only generates a originalfilename0001.adx

Edit: Found some DS sound tools in this blog (portuguese, pretty straightforward) http://alizor.wordpress.com/category/nds/ to convert adx to wav. Not exactly what I want, but good enough.

Thanks for everyone who helped. If anyone has more good info to share, I'm eager to know.

Edit2: Learned to use VGMtrans, but couldn't extract everything at once, which is really a problem for games like Pokémon, with thousands of songs.

Also, found the heavy discussion (on GBAtemp) and documentation of everything about DS sounds. :mellow:
Still, I didn't know simple details like .sdat files holding all sound data, so it would only cause more confusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1