Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right. So I'm in the process of softmodding my PS2, and I realize that I never knew how to properly rip and burn the DVDs.

What program is best suited for the task? I presume the same program does both ripping and burning. What settings do I use, and all that good stuff?

At least I know that I'm going to be using DVD-Rs, but I just want to be sure that I'm doing rip/burn correctly. I hate wasting discs, you see. =P

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your using FMCB right? If so,

1. You need to patch the .iso file (the PS2 game) with ESR disc patcher GUI v0.24a before you burn it (it takes only 1 sec). (tested)
2. Burn at x2.4 for the best playback on your PS2. (tested)
3. You can copy and burn your PS2 using ImgBurn (I can't post it but you can google it)(DVD Decrypter is near the same). (tested)

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
Your using FMCB right? If so,

1. You need to patch the .iso file (the PS2 game) with ESR disc patcher GUI v0.24a before you burn it (it takes only 1 sec). (tested)
2. Burn at x2.4 for the best playback on your PS2. (tested)
3. You can copy and burn your PS2 using ImgBurn (I can't post it but you can google it)(DVD Decrypter is near the same). (tested)
You missed the point, he wanted to know how to RIP, we already have instructions about burning in the softmod thread, oh and while you're at it, do I need to patch the ISO if I modded mine with a chip?

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I believe that's what ImgBurn is for, I presume. But hey, that's something, so that'll work.

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Actually...can I use Alcohol120% instead of ImgBurn? I already have A120% installed so...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
use IMGBURN works great I use it all the time ITS FREEWARE and should be ok to work with Alcohol 120%

(note you may get issues imaging with alcohol if the patcher does not support the MDF file types that Alcohol 120% uses as default ..you may have to switch it to save the disk in ISO format )
smile.gif

If using IMGBURN which most of us use anyway ...

1) choose CREATE IMAGE FILE from DISK

wait until its copied the disk to hard drive ...

2) patch with MEMENTO DISK PATCHER or the ESR disk patcher (they are practically the same anyhow)

3) choose WRITE IMAGE FILE TO DISK and set the burn speed to 2.4x any faster you may get skips and jumps and freezes in gameplay
frown.gif

4) play game using FMCB mem card !!!

..... note 2 ... for best compatability use good media too and not cheapo bulkbuy if you can avoid them!

(I use any that are listed as RITEK G05 dye based they work great for me no problems at all)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doomsday Forte said:
Okay, that helps immensely, kobykaan. I'm burning a copy of MGS3 to see if it works.

I probably should go ahead and softmod my PS2 first...XD

lol that would help
nyanya.gif

but yeah no worries
smile.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to interupt but what are my options for softmodding my daughters ps2 slim?

I want to do it as cheaply and quickly and easily as possible.

paul

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try it should show up as a dvd disk in the browser even before the softmod

Have fun with the Mod it will comply open up the PS2

paul3100 the fmcb will work on a slim

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
at this day and age you don't need to burn ps2 games at 2.4x speed, most burners and media support up to 16x speeds.

ever tried burning them at 16x with ps2 games ?

have you burned many ps2 games at 8x or greater ?

and had good reliable unflawed results?

can you re read them again later on to make another backup?

I have literally burned thousands of disks for everything you would ever possibly need to use a dvd blank for and know what speed is reliable to burn them at!

About 90% of the time you get stutters and jumps with the graphics and music in ps2 games/ stutters and glitches with dvd video and corrupt data with data backups! ...using 8x or greater regardless of what media is used!

Yes they say rated at upto 16x on the media but due to poor ass dye used on a majority of media and shoddy manufacturing processes to get mass volume blanks out in the world ..you will rarely get a good burn of anything you use them for 16x regardless ..even if you spend a small fortune on what you think are good branded disks ... the truth is BRANDED disks are probably the worst media to go for they as a lot tend to be CMC (CMC Magnetics Corporation) which are the worst media to use for anything with some burns being unable to be read again immediately after burning!

I only ever use media with (A grade RITEK G05) based dye on them .... as these are most reliable for me for all my media burning! (I burn at 2.4x max for my ps2 games .... and my Pioneer DVR-115 will burn dvd-r at 20x I haven't felt the need to ever burn at 20x .....I know it would be just wasting disks!)

note: some people burn at 4x maximum with ps2 but its advised at most ps2 forums to burn slower ie 2.4x 2.0x or sometimes 1x for better/best compatibility!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
jalaneme said:
at this day and age you don't need to burn ps2 games at 2.4x speed, most burners and media support up to 16x speeds.

ever tried burning them at 16x with ps2 games ?

have you burned many ps2 games at 8x or greater ?

and had good reliable unflawed results?

can you re read them again later on to make another backup?

I have literally burned thousands of disks for everything you would ever possibly need to use a dvd blank for and know what speed is reliable to burn them at!

About 90% of the time you get stutters and jumps with the graphics and music in ps2 games/ stutters and glitches with dvd video and corrupt data with data backups! ...using 8x or greater regardless of what media is used!

Yes they say rated at upto 16x on the media but due to poor ass dye used on a majority of media and shoddy manufacturing processes to get mass volume blanks out in the world ..you will rarely get a good burn of anything you use them for 16x regardless ..even if you spend a small fortune on what you think are good branded disks ... the truth is BRANDED disks are probably the worst media to go for they as a lot tend to be CMC (CMC Magnetics Corporation) which are the worst media to use for anything with some burns being unable to be read again immediately after burning!

I only ever use media with (A grade RITEK G05) based dye on them .... as these are most reliable for me for all my media burning! (I burn at 2.4x max for my ps2 games .... and my Pioneer DVR-115 will burn dvd-r at 20x I haven't felt the need to ever burn at 20x .....I know it would be just wasting disks!)

note: some people burn at 4x maximum with ps2 but its advised at most ps2 forums to burn slower ie 2.4x 2.0x or sometimes 1x for better/best compatibility!

all my ps2 backups are burned at 8x 6x i have no need to burn any lower at that, also i was stating the fact that there is 16x media out there, i didn't say to burn at 16x i'm just saying to burn much more than 2.4x as modern dvd burners support higher burn speed now.

also i found in my experience that burning at low speeds on media that supports 16x make games load much slower, stuttery fmvs and freezing so i've just stuck with 8x and 6x and all my games have been fine, i still have backups that work from 4 years ago that were burned at 8x and 6x, the fact that i use high grade media aswell plays a part in that also.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've burnt at 8x and 16x , all my games work flawless and can be re-read later and error scans on them are perfectly fine. All either verbatim or taiyo yuden. Don't know how you can talk about quality , then recomend g05 discs
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-