Homebrew RIP [KTM]

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, man, but that just sounds ungrateful still.
It's hard to be grateful to someone who blames other people because he couldn't make a deadline and still has nothing significant to show.

I didn't care if he released or not. I downgraded as soon as possible because I knew he was fearmongering. I just feel bad for the people who waited for this.

I could of easily waited for a stable release, but I guess pirates are really demanding huh?
You really couldn't have. He wouldn't have had this done before 10.4 comes out and if you softbrick when trying to downgrade when 10.4 is released, you will have to use recovery and it will automatically update you to the newest firmware, making downgrading impossible.

Last edited by The_Jesus_2.0,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's hard to be grateful to someone who blames other people because he couldn't make a deadline and still has nothing significant to show.

I didn't care if he released or not. I downgraded as soon as possible because I knew he was fearmongering. I just feel bad for the people who waited for this.
He never blamed anyone, you know. He was blaming deadlines, and not having enough time.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, what did they actually lose in waiting?
Your info says you're 27. Do you realize how lame it is that you're trash talking a 16 year old?

Reactions: Coleman_C18

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you still having issues... I have found the easiest way to boot it up, I had a friend try 3 times.. and the last time he tried it with the information I gave..

just hmu

I still get an error has occurred no matter what.
Unless I format, I'm screwed.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me agrees. The 3DS hacking community is pretty shitty, if I was a dev and had to put up with that, I'd ragequit too. But, at the same time, I wouldn't attention whore, and make announcements that hype up the community, and give them reasons to harass the fuck out of me.

ITs very simple actually. You dont make the announcement until your done with the program? Does that sound reasonable?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll leave what I think here:

did you pay for KernelTimeMachine? no? then you're not entitled to it. sorry.

I am not going to place all the blame on the user; if you're hyping something up and eventually don't release it, expect people to complain.

DarknessMonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm giving @JustPingo the benefit of the doubt. I don't know him, but i don't have any reason to actually doubt him. I really think that this drama could be fully avoided if he gave no ETA. It was kind of immature, looking from a developer perspective. I mean, i know that he wanted to give something for community but if he can't handle the community pressure, he shouldn't have announced anything at all.

Reactions: Mrrraou

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People aren't "ungrateful" that's impossible. Nothing was released ergo there is nothing to be ungrateful for. It's the nature of things that people are going to be upset when you announce something but then can't keep your promises. When you say "it will come before Sunday" and then deliver nothing saying "I don't even have a PC available right now" you sound like you were lying in the first place. Easy as that.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving @JustPingo the benefit of the doubt. I don't know him, but i don't have any reason to actually doubt him. I really think that this drama could be fully avoided if he gave no ETA. It was kind of immature, looking from a developer perspective. I mean, i know that he wanted to give something for community but if he can't handle the community pressure, he shouldn't have announced anything at all.
From the time I've ever talked with him his deadlines were pretty far off, oddly enough he was spot on with his deadline for downgrading via sysUpdater.

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He never blamed anyone, you know. He was blaming deadlines, and not having enough time.

Ok so I'm gonna make a final statement about all of this. I didn't read everything because I'm too lazy for that.

First of all, and most importantly: what the heck? My name is JustPingo, and on Twitter I go: "Hey guys I'm making a downgrade app to have downgrade safer, what's your favorite name for it?". And then comes the shitstorm. Really? I can't understand how some of you actually believed KTM would be a ground breaking new thing. Of course it uses more securities, but you could as well implement it yourself in sysUpdater. To be completely honest, I began that project because my C was getting old, wanted to refresh it a bit in my mind.

And then when you begin to be stressed out because a deadline spawns from nowhere, people harassing you about having an ETA so you try to give one that you believe you can try to respect but you obviously won't be able to, not being able do it because other shitty things unrelated, this gets way worse than a simple C application.

This week, I spent all of my free time and parts of my nights trying to solve the problems KTM had, because I didn't want to make people that suddenly built hype around it to be disappointed. The deadline was coming, everything wasn't ready, and this was making me feel so bad I just decided to drop it.

I don't really care about what's coming next. If you feel like shouting out loud how dumb I am, then go ahead, I won't read anyway.

I'm still going to do things on my own, I'm still gonna say thing on Twitter. I enjoy making things, what I hate is pressure. I'm not gonna try to release anything now, so even if I say something, GBAtemp won't instantly ignite. Won't change much to you anyway.

What still makes me laugh is that some people are still taking seriously the hidden kernel exploit thing. Obviously this was a very dumb mistake coming from a too quick read of some code. That's it. They're not gonna hide kernel exploits there, they keep them in their own private folders. Nothing wrong with this btw.

My last tip to anyone making anything : don't release anything for free. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

So I guess that's it. I'm probably not gonna answer much about this now. Have a good life. And I still love every one of you. Mostly.

Sounds a bit like he's blaming more than just himself and the deadline.
"Really? I can't understand how some of you actually believed KTM would be a ground breaking new thing."

This in particular pisses me off because I saw you two fearmonger people into not using any other updater and telling people to wait for KTM because it was nearly "brickproof" and 100% "noob friendly". Now people have waited and there's nothing to show for it.

Dude, what did they actually lose in waiting?
Your info says you're 27. Do you realize how lame it is that you're trash talking a 16 year old?
Do you realize how lame it is that you're defending a 16 year old who is notorious for lying and hyping himself up for attention and never releasing anything at all?

Very, in case you were wondering.

Last edited by The_Jesus_2.0,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because he's done nothing but hype this up since he announced it. Like asking for a name and motto before he even had ANY kind of PoC? Who does that? Or constantly saying "No release today. tomorrow". You're inviting pestering and bother if you're going to put yourself out there just to get some undeserved attention, especially when you can't keep ANY of your promises and are notorious for doing just that.
This precisely.

I'm sorry, man, but that just sounds ungrateful still.

I don't think it's ungrateful to be angry at somebody for their promises ending up unfulfilled.
Keyword being, of course, "promises".
JustPingo promised way more than he could actually deliver on three occasions now:
The "Hidden" Ninjhax Kernel exploit, SNShax and now KTM.
It's one thing to go 'i might be onto something here relating to x and y, but i can't promise anything, stay prepared by doing z' and it's another to go 'GUYS, LOOK, I'M MAKING A THING AND IT'S DEFINITELY HAPPENING!'.

The latter one just builds unnecessary hype and that's not something you want if you're not absolutely confident in what you're doing.

To summarize, it comes across as the effective equivalent of that kid whose uncle works at Nintendo and is gonna be bringing the next Pokemon game over during breaktime (with a slight twist to it): Even if it's true that your uncle DOES work at Nintendo and you DO already have the next Pokemon game, if you don't deliver at all, people are going to be pretty precisely pissed.

I don't know about other people, and I'm not even mad myself, but I'd say what people are angry about isn't not getting what they were told they would get: It's the fact that this sort of attitude is, sorry to say, very little to nothing short of being a straight-up attention seeker.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has gbatemp always been like this?

I mean, come on people, you already have a way to downgrade, if you cant wait just go and brick your 3ds if thats you want.

i need a life man

Reactions: Mrrraou

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you realize how lame it is that you're defending a 16 year old who is notorious for lying and hyping himself up for attention and never releasing anything at all?

Very, in case you were wondering.

I'm really not too invested in the backstory and don't have the time to follow it.
He's a kid who was working on a project other people were excited about, which probably got him really amped to talk it up.
That shit happens.
Think about all the stuff you said you were going to do when you were younger that either never did or didn't do to its fullest.
Then imagine being bullied by people 10 years older than you because of it.
Seriously, you just sound ridiculous.

Reactions: UltraHurricane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~