Homebrew RIP [KTM]

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're trying to blame the people here when he was part of the reason this all went downhill too. he was constantly teasing stuff here. it wasn't even to a small extent, it was too the point where it honestly kinda looked like he wanted the attention

then he turns around and blames it on everyone here because people were putting too much pressure on him or whatever. if this was a one time thing I'm sure everyone would be alot more forgiving but this is third time now. someones probably gonna reply to this telling me I'm acting entitled when its completely far from that. I was just watching from behind the scenes gawking at this mess but you just shouldnt lie. 3 times especially

I know what you were saying, and that makes sense too. I hadn't paid too much attention on his Twitter and just noticed it this last time, so I thought he just snapped from all the attention. Sucks though.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Except people don't actually say that and the "in" is derived from accents that make people butcher the English language. It's like "fuck year" or Gigigi.
inb4 is in before, which is short for "I'll get this in, before {χ} happens".
And before pretty much makes no sense. It's literally an " I'M CALLING IT" joke.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been reading this all day. This thread is the reason I never want to develop anything for this community. If you want results and a more successful community... don't be toxic and set a better examples for yourselves. Devs aren't freaking robots.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
inb4 is in before, which is short for "I'll get this in, before {χ} happens".
And before pretty much makes no sense. It's literally an " I'M CALLING IT" joke.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been reading this all day. This thread is the reason I never want to develop anything for this community. If you want results and a more successful community... don't be toxic and set a better examples for yourselves. Devs aren't freaking robots.
You can develop stuff, just don't deliverately create a hype treadmill then never release anything. It stands to reason this behaviour will get you flak. Imagine if a biochemist had an idea for a HIV vaccine and announced it, got everybody excited around the world and charities started organising special airplane deliveries to get it into badly affected countries as quickly as possible, and then you realised a week later there was a problem and it actually wouldn't work like you thought. Then youd understand if people blamed you for all the upset, because you COULD have done some preliminary testing and animal trials before announcing anything.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
You can develop stuff, just don't deliverately create a hype treadmill then never release anything. It stands to reason this behaviour will get you flak. Imagine if a biochemist had an idea for a HIV vaccine and announced it, got everybody excited around the world and charities started organising special airplane deliveries to get it into badly affected countries as quickly as possible, and then you realised a week later there was a problem and it actually wouldn't work like you thought. Then youd understand if people blamed you for all the upset, because you COULD have done some preliminary testing and animal trials before announcing anything.
The difference is that this is a 3DS modding scene.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Are you saying this is expected behaviour in the 3ds modding scene? I've never heard of any respected devs doing this. In fact I've never heard of any other devs doing this (with the exception of hykem but I don't know anything about the Wii U scene so can't judge).

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nope, the point pretty much gets through. Please stop defending the guy who lied and wanted the hype. Because no matter how we look at it, we can never be grateful to the person who hasn't given anything to the scene but lies and empty promises.

Last edited by WaffleWafer,

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to point out, re random tangent above, that "inb4" does, in fact, mean "in before", as in "I got in to say this before someone else did". It comes from an expression on 4chan "in before the lock", as in I posted in this thread before it was locked.

So the "high and mighty" guy who was all "hurr durr is this your first day on the internet it means and before" is a great example of someone not to listen to. Like, ever.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't even makes sense. If his hypothetical senario were invalid because 'this is the 3ds scene' would imply that this behavior is acceptable and to be expected from devs, and it's not.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying this is expected behaviour in the 3ds modding scene? I've never heard of any respected devs doing this. In fact I've never heard of any other devs doing this (with the exception of hykem but I don't know anything about the Wii U scene so can't judge).
No, you simpleton. We're not saving any lives with a KTM. And we already have the cure. It's called sysUpdater. People are full of themselves. It's not that big of a deal. JP isn't a devil because he didn't release a clone of an app. You didn't lose any money because he didn't deliver. This is NOT comparable to a HIV VIRUS. This is a 3DS MODDING SCENE. Do it yourself. Apparently it's not that hard.
He owes you nothing.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, you simpleton. We're not saving any lives with a Kernal Time Machine. And we already have the cure. It's called sysUpdater. People are full of themselves. It's not that big of a deal. JP isn't a devil because he didn't release a clone of an app. You didn't lose any money because he didn't deliver. This is NOT comparable to a cure. He owes you nothing.
Except an apology for his rant that the amount of stress he was receiving from forums and social media caused him to abandon the project. Or for making promises he couldnt deliver. It is a personal choice to either browse social media or work on code. No one held a gun to his head. Its also a personal venture to create anything in the scene. You can't say 'I owe you nothing' and then 'you're the reason I quit' in the next sentence. Its hypocritical bullshit.

People got hyped cause that's what he wanted. Now he has to deal with the fallout of their frustration and disappointment. He doesn't get off scott free because people are 'entitled' and want stuff. He used that knowledge when this was announced, and now that has bit him in the ass. That's what happens.

Now the next person willing to take on a large project will know better then to make promises before knowing what they're getting into. We call that darwinism.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, you simpleton. We're not saving any lives with a KTM. And we already have the cure. It's called sysUpdater. People are full of themselves. It's not that big of a deal. JP isn't a devil because he didn't release a clone of an app. You didn't lose any money because he didn't deliver. This is NOT comparable to a HIV VIRUS. This is a 3DS MODDING SCENE. Do it yourself. Apparently it's not that hard.
He owes you nothing.
Ok, what if Samsung really wanted to get the edge over apple and announced a tablet with 60 hours battery life that was waterproof, before doing any research to see if they could actually do it. Peoplr start preordering it like crazy. Then on the day it is due they announce the preorders have gotten them frazzled and they can't produce that many units and they won't release it at all, when what actually happened is they started their research and development and realised it wouldn't be possible with technology available today. Are they to blame for jumping the gun and announcing it to build hype for their brand without being certain it was possible, or are the customers who got understandably excited about this amazing product to blame for preordering too much?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Except an apology for his rant that the amount of stress he was receiving from forums and social media caused him to abandon the project. Or for making promises he couldnt deliver. It is a personal choice to either browse social media or work on code. No one held a gun to his head. Its also a personal venture to create anything in the scene. You can't say 'I owe you nothing' and then 'you're the reason I quit' in the next sentence. Its hypocritical bullshit.

People got hyped cause that's what he wanted. Now he has to deal with the fallout of their frustration and disappointment. He doesn't get off scott free because people are 'entitled' and want stuff. He used that knowledge when this was announced, and now that has bit him in the ass. That's what happens.

Now the next person willing to take on a large project will know better then to make promises before knowing what they're getting into. We call that darwinism.
Ummm. How does not owing something and saying you're the reason I quit not go together?
Owe means you HAVE TO do something. Being toxic can stop the thing that he never HAD to give you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff