Ringing Ears

Julian Sidewind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I have a question for all of you. Have any of you gone to a concert, and when it was over had your ears ring, then wake up the next morning to still have them ringing? The Arkells played at my University last night and my left ear was ringing, and this morning it's still ringing. I've never had this happen to me before and I was wondering if my ears will recover. I would hate to have hearing damage :S

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't stress too much, give it a day or 2 more and if it persists, see a doc.

Usually these things will subside within a few days, unless you get permanent tinnitus (which i have, and even then its usually very mild but slightly annoying).

Also, be careful at concerts/clubs. If the music is really loud, don't stay too long. Otherwise bring earplugs...

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tails100 said:
antwill said:
Remember kids: Hearing doesn't improve over time, it gets worse.
Yea during my birthday nobody could hear this loud sound from my computer except my friend, he heard a loud ringing sound from my computer....Luckily I cant hear it =D.
Was he a German Shepherd? But seriously, that's a good thing how?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This happens to me every time I'm at a consert
wink.gif

It takes a few days, up to a week... but It'll be fine. Unless you got a serious pain in the ear sometime with the loud volume yesterday...
I was at a My chemical romance consert, and the small girls were screaming sooooo loud that i felt a sharp pain in my ear, and THAT i didn't recover from...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I don't go to concerts.
tongue.gif

Tinnitus is something that I was born with, and it sucks. Bad. You always hear a ringing, and I almost failed all my hearing tests in elementary school (primary school). They tried to give me hearing aids...
glare.gif

Don't worry, it should go away. Otherwise, go to a local doctor on campus or something.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are doing some permanent damage every time. Some of the damage will heal, yes, but there's some that won't ever heal, and repeatedly doing things that cause this will *drum roll* leave you deaf. It's something to be taken quite seriously, yet very few people DO take it seriously. The noise from a gas-powered lawn mower is enough to cause some permanent damage to the user's hearing (so wear ear plugs). What kind or damage do you think standing next to a gigant speaker blasting noise is going to do?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
You guys are doing some permanent damage every time. Some of the damage will heal, yes, but there's some that won't ever heal, and repeatedly doing things that cause this will *drum roll* leave you deaf. It's something to be taken quite seriously, yet very few people DO take it seriously. The noise from a gas-powered lawn mower is enough to cause some permanent damage to the user's hearing (so wear ear plugs). What kind or damage do you think standing next to a gigant speaker blasting noise is going to do?
Don't forget having your ipod up to some ungodly high volume setting is just as bad for prolonged exposure.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
injected11 said:
Don't forget having your ipod up to some ungodly high volume setting is just as bad for prolonged exposure.
But seriously, who WOULD put on the volume that high?

I have the volume at the minimum setting, and it sounds fine. :/

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
antwill said:
Don't forget having your ipod up to some ungodly high volume setting is just as bad for prolonged exposure. VERY true, good point. Putting the sound source directly in your ear ensures none of the sound is lost, and it's all traveling into your head, doing increased damage.
But seriously, who WOULD put on the volume that high?

I have the volume at the minimum setting, and it sounds fine. :/
I can currently hear every lyric from the singer on my next door neighbor's headphones right this moment. A good 12-15 feet from my window too. It's sad that if I were to say something out of care for her health and well-being, I'd get called a square or the like for asking for the music to be turned down.

Julian Sidewind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yea I never listen to music that loud, this was a one time thing. Good to know it will leave cuz it's giving me a headache, and paired with the cold/flu i appear to be getting, it just sucks.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Julian Sidewind said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yea I never listen to music that loud, this was a one time thing. Good to know it will leave cuz it's giving me a headache, and paired with the cold/flu i appear to be getting, it just sucks.

take care of your ears and just don't risk it, it is so not rock n' roll to lose your hearing, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...