grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
popoffka said:
AerialX said:
Does Riivolution work with my "backups" or USB loaders?
No. And that's not a bug.
This ruined everything.

if you are too cheap to spend 30-40 buck for an original disk, you might want to ask your mommy to borrow the money. What Aaron created is amazing and also on his own time. What about just saying thanks

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
No DLC is different, and this doesn’t redirect downloads at all.

You could use this to play custom tracks by replacing existing ones. In any case, stick with RawkSD 2 for now. Rawk 3 will be coming whenever they get enough time to work on it.

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
ds22 said:
I'll wait until there is a version/mod of this amazing app that supports USB-Loader as for my Wii Disk drive is screwing me.
There won't be one. Aaron does not want to support piracy, and while there are a small amount of people who use USB loaders for a legitimate reason (and also own the games), there sadly isn't a way to allow it only for them.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Aaron`: Someone tell Zolga next time that Ocarina is tricky and probably requires a dev to set it up properly. Riivolution just has the capability to do it, but that page/XML was made as a guideline rather than something that will probably just work.

Zolga.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Aaron and Tempus, I guess I'll stop trying to get it to work.
*sigh* ah well, I'll still use this for MKWii and NCONR3.

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Treeki said:
ds22 said:
I'll wait until there is a version/mod of this amazing app that supports USB-Loader as for my Wii Disk drive is screwing me.
There won't be one. Aaron does not want to support piracy, and while there are a small amount of people who use USB loaders for a legitimate reason (and also own the games), there sadly isn't a way to allow it only for them.
I didn't say that Aaron should be the one who would make that mod.
Someone else could.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
This ruins things for a lot of people. I install my retail games to my hard drive and play them via USB loader because it is much more convenient.

Zolga.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
AerialX said:
This ruins things for a lot of people. I install my retail games to my hard drive and play them via USB loader because it is much more convenient.

Then why don't you just replace the files on the .iso?
It isn't that hard...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds22 said:
Treeki said:
ds22 said:
I didn't say that Aaron should be the one who would make that mod.
Someone else could.
they'd have to code it from scratch. Or somehow steal the source. lol

And this doesn't work in SNEEK, I read? Oh well...

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just as illegal for copyright laws to modify/distribute mods of a retail game, as it is to run pirate backups.
Get off your pedestal and just realize that its all frowned upon and you're not doing the right thing by "blocking" usb backups.
Plus he probably just couldn't implement the usb loading anyway.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
It's just as illegal for copyright laws to modify/distribute mods of a retail game, as it is to run pirate backups.
Get off your pedestal and just realize that its all frowned upon and you're not doing the right thing by "blocking" usb backups.
And here it comes...

Listen, what they're distributing is essentially patch files for games. While I don't know if any court has tried it, I'm pretty sure international copyright laws protect the user to modify their copy of the product as they wish as long as they don't distribute any of the original product.

This is pretty much on par with mods for PC games.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to load NSMB Wii on this, it just says "Disc Read Error". But it works just fine from GeckoOS.

robal12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
AerialX, you are the King.

Works beautifully with Mario Kart Wii, no problem. Many thanks for yours and everyone else who contributed's hard work
wink.gif

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toad King said:
killplaystation said:
And here it comes...

Listen, what they're distributing is essentially patch files for games. While I don't know if any court has tried it, I'm pretty sure international copyright laws protect the user to modify their copy of the product as they wish as long as they don't distribute any of the original product.

This is pretty much on par with mods for PC games.
so the editor doesn't come with any textures? and/or no mods make use of copy-written logo's...
and again, he probably just couldn't implement the usb loading functionality anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol