Gaming Rhythm Heaven Wii

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A new Rhythm Heaven game comes out tomorrow, and I'm very psyched. I was totally taken by surprise when I saw a commercial for it on TV. It boasts having 50 different games, and it can be played 2 players. In addition, the website states that many (maybe all) of the original GBA games are unlockable bonuses.

Here's the website. It's in Japanese, but the videos speak for themselves. Check it out if this is your thing. I'm pretty sure this game will make it to the US like the DS one did.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/somj/

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GBA games too? Awesome, I loved Rhythm Tengoku, especially the Festival Clapping one. I'm gonna download it in Japan until it gets a stateside release, and then I'll buy it.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
HOLY HECK! Rhythm Heaven is my absolute favorite. I'm downloading it and playing in Japanese like machomuu said. I've already played the GBA (Original) game sooo many hours... it's awesome. I also bought the DS one maybe a bit more than a year ago...I can't wait to play it on Wii. And when it comes out in the U.S. I'll probably buy the English version.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
diegoesgriam said:
I'm buying it when arrives to USA (but JAP is the best version)

I agree with you on this one. I got the Japanese version of Rhythm Tengoku Gold for the DS. When I found out it was released in the US I watched some videos, and the English versions of the songs were pretty poor.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my OCD gets the best of me with these games so i never enjoy them.. im always like "CRAP. i missed it by one freakin millisecond!!!111!!!1!!! INTENSE RAGE" haha

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thela_kid said:
my OCD gets the best of me with these games so i never enjoy them.. im always like "CRAP. i missed it by one freakin millisecond!!!111!!!1!!! INTENSE RAGE" haha

Some of the games can be pretty harsh. I'm usually like "WHAT?? I only made one mistake and they only give me an average????" Then there are times when I make a boatload of mistakes and still get a high level. wha...?

By the way, what do they say in English? In the Japanese versions the grades are "high level" (?????) and "average" (?? (heibon))

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
nikkuchan said:
diegoesgriam said:
I'm buying it when arrives to USA (but JAP is the best version)

I agree with you on this one. I got the Japanese version of Rhythm Tengoku Gold for the DS. When I found out it was released in the US I watched some videos, and the English versions of the songs were pretty poor.
For the DS one I have a patch that makes the songs be sung in Japanese, but everything else is in readable English.
On the DS, it says, "just OK" or "SUPERB!" and I forgot what it says when you lose... maybe it was "failed."
And, somebody should definitely post here when they get their hands on the Jap ISO, although I read it actually comes out tomorrow, July 21st.

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The game just came out. I spent all day playing it after buying it (though I wasn't keen on the 5800 yen price tag). I found it to be much more difficult than the previous two games. I got genuinely pissed off at it a number of times.

It's just as fun and original as the other ones, and some of the games absolutely cracked me up, and some of the games are just cute. like the DS version in comparison to the GBA one, all the games (except for the Karate one) are new; there are no games carried over from the previous ones, though some older characters are featured in the new games.

Style-wise, the menu and whatnot look like the original GBA version rather then the DS one.

The game website says that some of the games from the GBA version are unlockable, so I was really excited, but unfortunately, I only see 5 of them (and most of them require 40+ medals).

In short, it's Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven. If you liked the other ones, you'll like this. So, import it, download it, whatever, but it's out now so go get it.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just here to say, the game has a lot of szs files, which you can explore with the szs modifier from the mario kart games. Maybe edit too. There's szs files for each game, and some other szs files that seem to consist of menu text related stuff, where the J file is filled with stuff but the U file is empty.

So I don't know if anyone can do anything with it, but I'm not even going to try now, I need to sleep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8