Hacking Rhythm Heaven Wii Hacking

HHarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just attempted at getting this to work. Seems that it black-screens using WiiFlow.

Just my experience, might not be the same for everyone.
smile.gif

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
HHarrison said:
I just attempted at getting this to work. Seems that it black-screens using WiiFlow.

Just my experience, might not be the same for everyone.
smile.gif
The only time I had it blackscreen for me was hwen I tried switching the U language file with the edited J (Both Dolphin and Wii) and when I switched the tbl file from the U warning screen with the J one. (Only on the Wii) But I've been using USB Loader GX the entire time, so I can't really test it with WiiFlow, still don't have an SD Card adapter or connection I can connect my compter with the Wii through.

Anyways, like I said, I've been trying some simple image editing, and I think I fixed the cutting off just by shrinking some things by 10%. (I'm going to update this as I have new stuff to show later.)
somj0111.png

somj0112.png

somj0113.png

somj0114.png

somj0115.png

somj0116.png

somj0117.png

("1 To" and "Demo" are different image areas so it's been a pain trying to get them to line up.)

somj0118.png

Everything except for the pause screen title is all edited from the same tpl file, the permanent cellanim.szs. There's text in images all across the ISO I can probably edit easily enough too, but then I'd really need a new method of patching because otherwise you'd be extracting/patching/replacing a lot of szs files.

There's still three things I can't find in that permanent cellanim.tpl, and if anyone knows where they are or just what they say I could try editing them (If this is against the rules I'll remove it. Just tell me.):

originalot.png

The stuff in Japanese, obviously. (The two Times were seperate words, one inidcating stuff done a single time and the other when you need to repeat a pattern, but I can't think of something good that'll work and fit in order to have the two different while still sharing the one Do it.)

You can put this in yourself if you extract the cellanim.szs from content2>cellanim>permanent and then extract the cellanim.tpl from that and use TPLEdit to insert the image, RGB5A3 with Use Transparency checked. and then replace everything in reverse. (tpl into szs into ISO)

If anyone can do this better I'd be happy to post more of the images that could be edited, mainly for the tutorial and menu screens. (File select mainly) I literally learned how to do that outlined text for this in GIMP 2, and I've been learning how to use the software much better since I started, so it's not nearly as annoying now but there's stuff I have no idea what it says or has slight visual effects I might not be able to reproduce with English text, but I'll try.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got more done today, for a another evenly paced update.

By that I mean today's update has:
The rest of the descriptions and tuorials for the main games, and I think most of the 2P ones too, but I can't try them now. (Up through Remix 10)
Some more grading comments.
The song titles and artists that show in stage.
And some other fixes, like a bit in the credits where some names had bad characters.

Get the IPS patch here: http://www.multiupload.com/553AR2RVTM
Will update the main post after this.

But for other news, the image editing has been going well for the most part. Tomorrow I'll probably just release those with various IPS Patches in a zip (There needs to be one for each file, and there's quite a bit.) with a xdelta patch to switch over everything for a scrubbed ISO, hopefully.

More pics of the image editing:
somj0119.png

somj0120.png

somj0122.png

And this too, I just wanted to test it:
somj0121.png

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
magmaster said:
it dont work for me.
sometimes text bubbles are empty and sometimes they show only question marks and no english
I replied to your mesage too, but I'llask it here too, are you running the game with tha Language set to Japanese? You have to set it to Japanese in the loader because the only fil that I can edit reliably is the Japaense language file, the rest are blank and don't have the right amount of spaces to hold everything.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, there won't be anything new today, since I'm having problems with something unrelated and I'd like to still edit a few more things before the next patch release. THe next release will be in both the xdelta (For Scrubbed ISOs only, and it might not work properly (Anyone who uses it please report if it works or not))and IPS formats, but the IPS will require extracting/patching/replacing more szs files.

You can pretty much see everything I've edited image wise in the screenshots so far, but I did do the rest of the circle name things, so I'll post some screens of all them now.

somj0125.png

somj0126.png

somj0123.png

somj0124.png

But the icons are each stored like this, just to show you:

79875282.png

So it just adjusts the coloring as necessary, and most of the menu graphics are like this. Rankings aren't so there's no way I'm going to mess with those, since most are made up of more than one image with effects I have no idea how to replicate. (The coloring and some weird gray transparency stuff in the Superb rank that was in the menu stuff, where I had to copy/paste the erased are with the blank are to make it work, and that had to be precise as it darkened the other gray areas if it overlapped at all. Try again has some animation with 2 frames, one solid, one a big ragged. The You got a Medal message is on that gold plaque thing, which I could probably handle, but there's no point if I'm not doing the rest.)

One thing I do want to do tomorrow is more of the grading comments, since they're only 410 of those overall and the tutorials and credits were more lines than that. And I already had some of them done, so there's no reason not to finish the rest. And they can generally convey if you did well or not, so then the ranks become less misunderstandable. Although they really aren't difficult to figure out at all. And I'll probably finish the rest of the descriptions for the Rhythm Toys too, and redo that one title in the extra games.

Also, does anyone have a save with any of the extra games unlocked? The remade GBA games. I really want to see those, and there isn't going to be an easy way for me to get enough medals anytime soon.

Doubly also, has anyone found a tutorial with a lizard eating flies? The files are on the disc with text and images and everything, but I have't seen it. And I've played through remix 10, and since it seems to be trying to introduce the concept of using A and A+B it seems like something that would be at the start, with the files being named tutorial and all.

TRIPLE ALSO, should the xdelta have the edited title screen (The awkward "Rhythm Heaven" thing that I tested) or not? I'll include it in the IPS patches either way, but the xdelta wil ltake longer if I make two versions. Not much longer at all though, so I'll probably make two if anyone wants it.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
Wiimm's ISO tools, especially his ISO patcher, would probably help in this situation.
Only problem with them is that I have no idea how to use them. At all. And from what I looked at in the example patch you need to include the files you're putting in, which I can't since they still contain some of Nintendo's work/data/intellectual property in them. I might be wrong though, since I have no idea how it works. If anyone else wants to they can always release a version of the patch that uses his tools, you'll have the same files I'm using after patching your own.

Well, anyways I worked a bit more this morning and did this:

somj0129.png

While these are from a day or two ago:

somj0130.png

somj0131.png

So I'll probably release everything to patch the game tonight, unless I can't get on the computer or something. I was going to have a video too, but that's not happening now. Let me assure you though, it all looks good in motion, except the "Early" and "Late" in the tutorial metronome thing don't have that slight static-ness to them since I have no idea how I could replicate that nicely and easily.

Today I'm going to try to get a few more grading comments done before I release this, and I will do something with the perfect chance message. And some more stuff if I have time. (But I probably won't have time for too much, I had to leave 3 times while making this post after all.)

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's the next patch:

http://www.multiupload.com/LYKTIR5MP0

Basically some updates to the text, edited some Grading Comments but barely aded any since I went back and translated the stuff for the extra games (Originally from GBA Tutorials), the rest of the descriptions, the perfect challenge and sucess messages (text based stuff, might be messed up since I made a few assumptions (Mainly the success messages)) tell me if they look right. Messages for the song unlocks SHOULD be in english completely, I had to go and edit all of the song titles twice because they've got them all in there twice, but note titles aren't translated except for the greeting. And the image stuff, nothing new added since the last screenshots.

All the patches are in there, IPS and xDelta, and two versions of the xDelta (One with the edited title, one without) so people can choose. I have no idea if the xDelta patches will work, try them on a Scrubbed ISO as stated in the README. If they don't work for mostly anyone then I'll just leave them out next time, since you won't be patching the all images every time if you keep your patched ISO with the IPS patches.

Tomorrow I am going to work on more of the grading comments or the tutorials/instructions for the Rhythm Toys and Endless Games, if I get the chance. Tutorials might not be entirely right, I have barely any idea how to play a few of these games. But I got 42 medals, so they're all unlocked. The only two I have a major problem with are the Mail Detective and the Manzai or Not games, Mail Detective since it's some cell phone investigation thing (JAPANESE AHOY), and Manzai or not since I just have no idea how the A+B thing works.

Just to remind anyone whoi hasn't read the mian post or the README, I'm just using Google Translate to translate this stuff, editing whatever it gives me into something somewhat legible, somewhat resembling the original, and hopefully helpful. All this is being done by someone who's college hated their writing sample, so don't blame me if it's bad, but did well on the grammar portion they had, so don't blame me if it's good. It's luck and whatever seems right that makes this what it is. Thank someone else that this game isn't some deeply narrated thing so that I could do this by taking plenty of liberties with the editing.

And buy the game. Now. Fifty copies. And Fifty more of the localized version if your country gets one.

NOW GO AND PLAY OR DO SOMETHING ELSE THAT ISN'T READING ALL THIS.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdelta patch works great i used this tool to apply it to the iso. was getting an error until i unchecked the checksum validation, works great now.

i guess i was too slow. i only have 38 nedals currently. i think i may have manzai or not figured out, i just need to try it some more.

Sly Terry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delta patch is great!! Only thing missing are the translations on the animated screens before and after each minigame.. Great Work man, and a hell of an addicting game!!
smile.gif

Oh, and the toy minigames and some cafe stuff is still in Japanese..but not too essential..all the main game stuff is definitely more fun..
smile.gif

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sly Terry said:
Delta patch is great!! Only thing missing are the translations on the animated screens before and after each minigame.. Great Work man, and a hell of an addicting game!!
smile.gif

Oh, and the toy minigames and some cafe stuff is still in Japanese..but not too essential..all the main game stuff is definitely more fun..
smile.gif
I'm glad the xDelta patch is working, so I'll continue to include those along with the IPS patches, since I don't have to replace most of the IPS patches.

The title animation before each game is too complicated for me to ever handle. The grading screen after each game, I'm going to work on the comments (The Maju Work game has most if not all of them done, I think), but the grading symbols themselves are too complicated for me (Except for Okay, but I'm not going to only do one). And I'm going to work on the endless games and the rhythm toys as soon as I find them in the file and I have time to work on it.

And I may or may not have time to work on it today, all matters on what happens this afternoon. If I have time I'l probably try to find the rhythm toys and endless games and do those, since they're slightly more important than the grading comments. But I'll try to do some comments too.

Right now I'm saying don't expect a patch tonight, and probably not tomorrow either. And from now on I'll probably only be including the xDelta patch without the title edited, since it's a pain to make two and anyone who really wants it can just use the IPS patch.

Cbajd5

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten much done yet, but on a completely unrelated note I got all 50 medals.

And also unrelated to everything else, the "Listen to Music" and "Read Notes" options in the Cafe seem to be broken (Game crashes for me). Please don't try to use them until I fix the patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday