Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

r0bster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cool, good to know about this "bug". Strange that it is memory issue, i mean it seems to elaborate the covers on by one...
Yesterday while adding other platforms to emulate (PC-FX) it happened the same thing.

The BIG question is: How does this tool work (WFC conv), does it lookup for the rom (or wbfs) associated to the png or will it create a cover from every png found? I have more cover png files than roms....

/edit
the pc-fx files are only 50, when reloading cache it will create less than 10 covers (repeating it doesnt change anything)
How can this be memory related?

using the conversion tool could work fine for wii games, as they are downloaded if you have game...i am handling emulators differently, i downloaded nearly all cover packs available for different platforms and made them match with the roms i had available from different romsets. This means that i deleted or renamed only the roms while i didnt touch delete the png files...in total i have actually about 8000 games with full box cover showing up, a 5tb hdd with still a lot of free space....

/edit2
i managed to get the pc-fx covers to show up. what i did was using the "download covers" function which told me that there is nothing to download, afterwards reloading the cache worked out and created the covers

Last edited by r0bster,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, good to know about this "bug". Strange that it is memory issue, i mean it seems to elaborate the covers on by one...
Yesterday while adding other platforms to emulate (PC-FX) it happened the same thing.

The BIG question is: How does this tool work (WFC conv), does it lookup for the rom (or wbfs) associated to the png or will it create a cover from every png found? I have more cover png files than roms....

/edit
the pc-fx files are only 50, when reloading cache it will create less than 10 covers (repeating it doesnt change anything)
How can this be memory related?

using the conversion tool could work fine for wii games, as they are downloaded if you have game...i am handling emulators differently, i downloaded nearly all cover packs available for different platforms and made them match with the roms i had available from different romsets. This means that i deleted or renamed only the roms while i didnt touch delete the png files...in total i have actually about 8000 games with full box cover showing up, a 5tb hdd with still a lot of free space....

/edit2
i managed to get the pc-fx covers to show up. what i did was using the "download covers" function which told me that there is nothing to download, afterwards reloading the cache worked out and created the covers
when you use wiiflow to download covers for wii and gc games it downloads each cover, saves the .png image in the proper folder, converts the .png to a .wfc file, and then save the .wfc file to wiiflow/cache.

wfc_conv just gets each .png image that's in wiiflow/boxcovers and converts them to .wfc files and saves them in wiiflow/cache.

the converting part is where wiiflow runs out of memory or just seems to stop converting covers to .wfc. it will still download the cover .png's but won't convert them to .wfc cache files.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's not possible to sort channels that way. Channels are treated differently than plugins by wiiflow. I tried to do that with the N64 VC games, to have the proper background and cover size, but without success.

Reactions: jdsteel7

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's not possible to sort channels that way. Channels are treated differently than plugins by wiiflow. I tried to do that with the N64 VC games, to have the proper background and cover size, but without success.

Thanks! I figured it wasn't possible after downloading Rhapsodii Shima and playing around with it a bit. Still, a very impressive theme! Very solid work.

CMYKretroplayer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I changed a few things from the hot rhapsody shima theme, function is still the same but I changed colors and logos to fit a dark wii theme. here it is, called Dark Flow. Hope you enjoy, it´s fully based on rhapsody shima. To install just move the wiiflow folder the root of your SD or USB. How to rename it ?

Attachments

• AMIGA.png
    AMIGA.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Supernes PAL (rename to SUPERNES).png
    Supernes PAL (rename to SUPERNES).png
    23.3 KB · Views: 69
  • tier1.png
    tier1.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 73
  • tier-arcade.png
    tier-arcade.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 70
  • arcade.png
    arcade.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 65
  • back.png
    back.png
    19 KB · Views: 59
  • commodore.png
    commodore.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 64
  • famicom.png
    famicom.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 71
  • gameinfo.png
    gameinfo.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Dark Flow.zip
    9 MB · Views: 64

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@chrondelta I noticed that the pictures you provide are not transparent like the others:

PHOTOS.png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced
PICO8.png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
Supernes JAP (rename to SUPERNES).png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced
SUPERNES_MSU1.png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
Supernes.png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced
TIC80.png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
TO5.png: PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

Could you please fix this and re-upload. Thanks.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima

hello, my friend. I'm using wiiflow 5.5.3, Rhapsodii Shima is shown with some bugs.

which he decides to fix. attach some before and after images.

if you want to pass the file with the modifications.

Before

View attachment 316231 View attachment 316232

After

View attachment 316233 View attachment 316237
Yes it's true, some buttons are now misplaced. So I can't understand your message... did somebody made a fix for this? Who is "he"? Is it you? Can you post the fixed file?

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all i am using the latest wiiflow lite i wanted to know if it is possible to make these changes to this theme i am editing.
1) Is it possible to hide the dispayname of the various plugins? I tried to delete the dispayname line but it says "no title"
2) How the writing moves when you open a "total game" plugin. I didn't understand if it moves from the wiiflow settings or if you need to change some parameter in wiiflow/theme_lite/coverflow/theme name.
3) The covers displayed on the right and left sides of my games, both plugins and wii and gamecube, become more transparent when I move the wiimote over them, how can I make them look normal? without transparency.
Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk