OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It seems that Nintendo has supposedly finished a new, revamped model of the Nintendo DS Lite.
The article says they should be out around Christmas time, which is a smart move - but may be hard to get your paws on, like the Nintendo Wii's were last time around Christmas.

QUOTE said:
The Nintendo DS Lite was a welcome addition to the handheld gaming industry when it debuted back in March, 2006 with it's more stream lined look from the previous Nintendo DS model. Being that the Nintendo DS Lite was already successful to begin with, imagine our surprise when we found out rumors that announcements had already been made about the latest version of the DS Lite already wrapped up and will be hitting stores come the Christmas season.

According to Evan Wilson, Pacific Crest Securities analyst, a revamped version of the Nintendo DS Lite has indeed been finished. Eager fans of the handheld console can look forward to a much slimmer version of itself with additions of new features such as on board storage and even wider screens. Can you spell G-a-m-e-b-o-y-A-d-v-a-n-c-e?

Kidding aside though, news about the new version seems to be all aces. Evan Wilson, Pacific Crest Securities analyst, expressed his misgivings toward the debut of the revamped version of the Nintendo DS Lite coinciding with the Christmas season. According to him, gaming publishers face certain challenges with expected jam-packed shopping come December such as insufficient retail space, possible call backs of game and consoles due to shortages, and original game influx.

Success, it seems, can sometimes truly be a double-edged blade. We can only hope that these issues are soon resolved so that we can all enjoy the Nintendo DS Lite's revamped version around the ol' Christmas tree once Christmas rolls around.

I wonder what they have in store for us, or if this is just a rumor.
Seems true enough, but you never do know.

Thoughts?

Source

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been rumoured for a while now, on and off.

I think there's not a lot wrong with the design as it is.... they just need to fix the little niggles (dead pixels/d pad corners/knackered shoulder buttons/rocking touch screens etc)

I certainly won't be replacing my DSLite just because a newer swankier version comes out - I'm perfectly happy with mine the way it is

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a DS Lite not too long ago. If this is true, I may kill myself...
hate2.gif

F

Fiddy101

Yes this is great for me i still have a Phat so if this is true i can just buy this one instead of the current Lite

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm happy with my DS Lite.. bought it last Christmas.. my little baby is making 1 year now
wub.gif

I've heard it will have no GBA compatibility.. will it be cheaper than? What about games that use the GBA slot for peripherals? Rumble pak? Memory for Internet Browsers!??

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt be surprised... if you look at nintendo's handheld history. And it's not a bad thing either, if more people will buy what ever kind of DS you will have a bigger chance of playing against someone in the train or bus
tongue.gif
. Also game companys will develop more games because their is a bigger market for their product
smile.gif
)

I don't think i will buy one, unless my trustworthy dslite will break down
wub.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
well ill be damned
some guy started a thread about this and he ended up getting flamed for it

ill get it if it has a much better build than the lite
soo fragile..

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't we have seen some pics of the new revamp by now if it was true? Or at the very least, some official announcement? How long were DS Lite images available before the it hit the store shelves?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it has significant extra functionality or upgraded graphical abilities, I won't bother with it. If it removes GBA compatibility, then it's a complete bust as far as I'm concerned.

The only further purchases for DS that I plan to buy are:
newer flashcarts and/or memory cards
stylus
replacement battery

Ain't buying anything else....that includes games.

Now, an all-new handheld with more power....that's a different story, but I don't think that's what this is, so.....meh....

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No way. It will NOT have larger screens. How would they do this? It would either have to stretch the image or make each pixel larger. And they could never use the larger screens for future games because then they wouldn't work on the original 2 versions of the DS.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well ill be damned

soo fragile..
so true i read that thread
rofl2.gif

oh and about the onboard storage.. maybe this will mean we can download gba gbc snes games like we do on the nintendo wii.

handheld virtual console... pff these guys are geniuses

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No way. It will NOT have larger screens. How would they do this? It would either have to stretch the image or make each pixel larger. And they could never use the larger screens for future games because then they wouldn't work on the original 2 versions of the DS.
Larger screens != higher resolution. This won't cause compatibility issues any more than plugging a console into different size televisions would.

Dead Ghost

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe for the next gen DS, but not a revamped DS, because the larger screens won't be compatible with current games, without a black border.

Ktaro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well ill be damned

soo fragile..

I think it's about how that guy expressed himself in the title I think it was something like "Don't buy a DS lite now!!11" or something and that he didn't mention it as a rumor *no question mark*. Anyhow I still don't think he deserved getting flamed at shame on you people
lecture.gif

Anyway would this version be like a cheaper one? that would be cool I always wanted to use the challange mode in dragon quest joker and of course kick ass *grin*
happy.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a newer Lite on the way, I doubt it'd be out before Christmas. That's barely a month away, with no announcement about it. Besides that, didn't Nintendo plan two limited edition Lites just for holiday shopping?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1