Returning the game that you bought for other reason.

Revolution89

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
33
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Somewhere in My Room
XP
101
Country
When you bought an original game,have you experience that you wanted to refund or return the game and exchange for other item at the game shop because the game was very boring or you need the money for something else.
 

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
12,712
Trophies
2
Age
34
XP
6,924
Country
United States
they usually wont take the game back for a refund (almost always)

unless it is unopened

if it is broken, they will just off an exchange for another one
 

Advi

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
1,140
Trophies
0
Age
29
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
162
Country
United States
I won a PSP game on an online contest.

Sadly, I literally know nobody who owns a PSP anymore.

I'm still wondering if I should return it to GS........
 

Advi

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
1,140
Trophies
0
Age
29
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
162
Country
United States
Revolution89 said:
The game has been opened already when he bought,i think the shop has opened it for testing if its working or not.
Caaaaaaaarefully open the DJ Hero case. Then unplug one of the wires then close it again so it won't work when you try to use it.

:3
 

BiT.SLEDGE

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
72
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
21
Country
Advice Dog said:
Revolution89 said:
The game has been opened already when he bought,i think the shop has opened it for testing if its working or not.
Caaaaaaaarefully open the DJ Hero case. Then unplug one of the wires then close it again so it won't work when you try to use it.

:3
This.
Usually they will give you a new copy of the game, but if you keep doing it. They'll refund.

Edit: FUCKING DOUBLE POST.
 

Anakir

Project: Melee
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
2,257
Trophies
1
XP
353
Country
United States
That's why I pirate games. I download games that has potential and then try it out. If its good, I purchase it.
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
Don't they have a refund policy over there like the UK .....If your not happy with a purchase you get 7-14 days to return for a full refund if its less than a couple of days old then they should honor the refund even if your reason is ..its a total load of rubbish and you wasted whatever on it!

But as above you found out that blah blah has bought you it for Christmas etc so you brought it back ..you should be legally at least allowed to open it to inspect it or test it .... how can they prove you actually played it a lot ...if its not got any visual signs of usage!?
 

soulfire

gear... secando
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
583
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
rotterdam
Website
Visit site
XP
143
Country
Netherlands
yeah i did that also

i also returned dj hero cuze is sucks

in my case i couldn't return it because of the hardware that comes with the game.

they cant resell a used dj hero spin controller.

no one will buy it but you can try anyway
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
Anakir said:
That's why I pirate games. I download games that has potential and then try it out. If its good, I purchase it.


Somehow ...I must of missed this post but ...... HOW WELL DOES THE DJ HERO backup work when you TRY IT OUT.. without the DJ DECK hardware doh!!!

33facepalm2ic7copyrl2_jp.jpeg
 

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2007
Messages
2,937
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
A cold cold place
XP
577
Country
Canada
soulfire said:
yeah i did that also

i also returned dj hero cuze is sucks

in my case i couldn't return it because of the hardware that comes with the game.

they cant resell a used dj hero spin controller.

no one will buy it but you can try anyway
That's horse shit because they resell guitar controllers
 

Anakir

Project: Melee
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
2,257
Trophies
1
XP
353
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Anakir said:
That's why I pirate games. I download games that has potential and then try it out. If its good, I purchase it.


Somehow ...I must of missed this post but ...... HOW WELL DOES THE DJ HERO backup work when you TRY IT OUT.. without the DJ DECK hardware doh!!!

33facepalm2ic7copyrl2_jp.jpeg

Notice I said games that have potential. DJ Hero isn't on the list for me. And you should know what I mean by pirate as many people should already have common knowledge of; third party devices will usually spoil a pirate's plan unless hacking is involved/the device is bought and game is pirated.

33facepalm2ic7copyrl2_jp.jpeg


33facepalm2ic7copyrl2_jp.jpeg
 

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
6,606
Trophies
1
Location
USA
XP
611
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
they usually wont take the game back for a refund (almost always)

unless it is unopened

if it is broken, they will just off an exchange for another one

This is one little scam I really hate about videogames. If you open it, no returns for a refund, only exchange. It 's just one of the many reasons that I just pirate everything I can anymore. I rem buying a PC game a couple years back and when I got home, I found out it had that StarForce copy protection. I will NOT allow StarForce in my system after it killed a DVD writer (before I knew how vicious StarForce protection was). But I couldn't take the game back, oh no. No where even wants PC games on trade anymore, so I'm stuck with a game I will never play.....well, actually, I went and got the pirate version with the StarForce crap removed and from what I learned, the game actually runs better than the store-bought copy anyway.

I also don't bother playing games online. So I don't have to worry about pirate copies not working online because I don't care about that aspect in any game.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    captainbob321 @ captainbob321: My Tears Are Coming Out Right Now, My Mouth is Shut IRL