Returning the game that you bought for other reason.

Revolution89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you bought an original game,have you experience that you wanted to refund or return the game and exchange for other item at the game shop because the game was very boring or you need the money for something else.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they usually wont take the game back for a refund (almost always)

unless it is unopened

if it is broken, they will just off an exchange for another one

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I won a PSP game on an online contest.

Sadly, I literally know nobody who owns a PSP anymore.

I'm still wondering if I should return it to GS........

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Revolution89 said:
The game has been opened already when he bought,i think the shop has opened it for testing if its working or not.
Caaaaaaaarefully open the DJ Hero case. Then unplug one of the wires then close it again so it won't work when you try to use it.

:3

BiT.SLEDGE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Advice Dog said:
Revolution89 said:
The game has been opened already when he bought,i think the shop has opened it for testing if its working or not.
Caaaaaaaarefully open the DJ Hero case. Then unplug one of the wires then close it again so it won't work when you try to use it.

:3
This.
Usually they will give you a new copy of the game, but if you keep doing it. They'll refund.

Edit: FUCKING DOUBLE POST.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I pirate games. I download games that has potential and then try it out. If its good, I purchase it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't they have a refund policy over there like the UK .....If your not happy with a purchase you get 7-14 days to return for a full refund if its less than a couple of days old then they should honor the refund even if your reason is ..its a total load of rubbish and you wasted whatever on it!

But as above you found out that blah blah has bought you it for Christmas etc so you brought it back ..you should be legally at least allowed to open it to inspect it or test it .... how can they prove you actually played it a lot ...if its not got any visual signs of usage!?

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah i did that also

i also returned dj hero cuze is sucks

in my case i couldn't return it because of the hardware that comes with the game.

they cant resell a used dj hero spin controller.

no one will buy it but you can try anyway

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
That's why I pirate games. I download games that has potential and then try it out. If its good, I purchase it.

Somehow ...I must of missed this post but ...... HOW WELL DOES THE DJ HERO backup work when you TRY IT OUT.. without the DJ DECK hardware doh!!!

33facepalm2ic7copyrl2_jp.jpeg

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soulfire said:
yeah i did that also

i also returned dj hero cuze is sucks

in my case i couldn't return it because of the hardware that comes with the game.

they cant resell a used dj hero spin controller.

no one will buy it but you can try anyway
That's horse shit because they resell guitar controllers

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Anakir said:

Somehow ...I must of missed this post but ...... HOW WELL DOES THE DJ HERO backup work when you TRY IT OUT.. without the DJ DECK hardware doh!!!

Notice I said games that have potential. DJ Hero isn't on the list for me. And you should know what I mean by pirate as many people should already have common knowledge of; third party devices will usually spoil a pirate's plan unless hacking is involved/the device is bought and game is pirated.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
they usually wont take the game back for a refund (almost always)

unless it is unopened

if it is broken, they will just off an exchange for another one

This is one little scam I really hate about videogames. If you open it, no returns for a refund, only exchange. It 's just one of the many reasons that I just pirate everything I can anymore. I rem buying a PC game a couple years back and when I got home, I found out it had that StarForce copy protection. I will NOT allow StarForce in my system after it killed a DVD writer (before I knew how vicious StarForce protection was). But I couldn't take the game back, oh no. No where even wants PC games on trade anymore, so I'm stuck with a game I will never play.....well, actually, I went and got the pirate version with the StarForce crap removed and from what I learned, the game actually runs better than the store-bought copy anyway.

I also don't bother playing games online. So I don't have to worry about pirate copies not working online because I don't care about that aspect in any game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM