Hacking Return to Dreamland possibly having new AP?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There is AP, it's just almost useless. You can check it for yourself, extract the game, look for the iuk.map and search the file for metafortress and if you google for metafortress you will see that it's an AP protection.

also another proof might this be https://twitter.com/...915991038754816
Why are people not having to do anything to get around this AP protection then? Almost useless would suggest it does something. It seems like everybody who updates their loader and cIOS gets it to work.

I'll just have to take your word on the metafortress thing, since I don't want to buy the game and I am anti-piracy.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is AP, it's just almost useless. You can check it for yourself, extract the game, look for the iuk.map and search the file for metafortress and if you google for metafortress you will see that it's an AP protection.

also another proof might this be https://twitter.com/...915991038754816
Why are people not having to do anything to get around this AP protection then? Almost useless would suggest it does something. It seems like everybody who updates their loader and cIOS gets it to work.

I'll just have to take your word on the metafortress thing, since I don't want to buy the game and I am anti-piracy.

Metafortress verifies that the main.dol is unmodified, as we all know the whole USBLoading stuff is done on IOS and the main.dol isn't patched at all.
This obviously makes it almost useless, except when loaders start to patch the main.dol. (They are also doing some other AP stuff but almost no loader/cIOS is affected by that anymore).

and for JoostinOnline:
Code:
0016ef78 000004 80175978 00171b58 4 MFortressDefaultResponseVariant_1 src.a metafortress.o

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that if I change the language from sysemt default to english game freezes after lcikc title screen.
However works perfectly without changing language(I use us wii)

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got this working once I realised my "D'oh!" mistake when installing d2x cIOS.

I have now installed d2x v6 249 on base base 56 and 57 - everything else still appears to work correctly (instruments/mics on GH, etc) but CFG Loader seems to take longer to load ... is this normal ?

vega1970

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I doesn't work at all for me. Whatever I try, the game doesn't start. I only get a black screen and the wiimote switch off. I can't even see the health screen.

I've got an old PAL Wii with system menu 3.2E (patched to prevent system updates from disks) and a WiiKey chip on the drive.

I never upgraded the system menu nor any IOS below 37 for fear of bricking the console.

I upgraded usb_loader_gx to version 2.3 and upgraded the CIOS249 to d2x v7alpha. It didn't work: I can launch most games using this config, but not "Kirby return to dreamland". As I said, I get a black screen.

I also tried booting Kirby directly from the disk channel (after burning the iso on a DVD) after installing manually the official IOS56 (extracted from the disk iso). Usually, it has always worked (thanx to the wiikey chip) when nothing else worked. But not this time: I can see the "Kirby return to dreamland" in the disk channel, but when I click "start game", all I get is a black screen ... again.

Is it possible that this game checks the nand for old system menus, old trucha bugged IOS3x or old shop channels ?

Did anybody with an old system menu (prior to 4.0) succeed to launch this game ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NicoXChan, welcome