Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

GTPRO

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi guys :) I bought yesterday a R4 sdhc double core card 2013 and I think I broke it trying to make it play roms...

Which folder from "Latest Kernel Update" should I tranfer to sd root? First I tried DAT folder but there is no TTMenu folder there... So I used "DSTTi-Clone TTMenu" folder and in the "Latest DAT Update" I used DAT folder. But after all these my 3ds won't recognize any sd and gives me the message "There is nothing into the Game Card slot".

I noticed KipMudz's post who had a problem pretty much like mine but I couldn't figure out how he finally made it work...

To those with R4SDHC dual core white flashcarts from r4isdhc.com, Have you successfully installed YSMenu on this one? It displays "Unsupported DLDI name" error message when I run games or homebrew. I tried to install this loader because Animal Crossing:WW was stuck at white screen and Contra 4 was crashing on this flashcart (what a shitty flashcart from 2013!). After trying YSMenu for other flashcarts on this one, YSMenu crashed then I restarted my DS. After boot-up, the flashcart is not detected. My Lite and 3DS was unable to read this piece of shit so I assumed that this cart was bricked.

Just tried that infolib.dat and AC:WW is now booting! Thanks for the link!

Could you guys provide me a step by step guide on how to set up my microsd card correctly and fix my problem?

Thank you in advance :)

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys :) I bought yesterday a R4 sdhc double core card 2013 and I think I broke it trying to make it play roms...

Which folder from "Latest Kernel Update" should I tranfer to sd root? First I tried DAT folder but there is no TTMenu folder there... So I used "DSTTi-Clone TTMenu" folder and in the "Latest DAT Update" I used DAT folder. But after all these my 3ds won't recognize any sd and gives me the message "There is nothing into the Game Card slot".

I noticed KipMudz's post who had a problem pretty much like mine but I couldn't figure out how he finally made it work...

Could you guys provide me a step by step guide on how to set up my microsd card correctly and fix my problem?

Thank you in advance :)

You have to use the kernel from the official site for your card and simply copy and overwrite RGFs dats (infolib.dat and extinfo.dat from the r4isdhc.com folder) over the ones in the official kernel.

To further add confusion, there is a 2013 Dual-Core "Rev B" out there now and the v1.60 kernel on the site will only work with the new Rev B 2013 dual-core cards (there is no physical distinction between rev A and rev B on the outside shell of the card!). This kernel will still boot on the "rev A" cards but you will get white screens when you start any DS game. The old Rev A kernel which is not available on the official site anymore (great support for your past customers!) used infolib.dat and extinfo.dat and the new kernel for rev B cards uses "mixinfo.dat" so i'm not sure if RGFs dats will work with this new kernel on the "rev B" cards.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone
A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :)

@ R4iSDHC.COM Users
Please use the R4iSDHC.COM folder in the new DAT Update.

@ Duo8
No, the new and 2013 R4iTT carts won't work.

@ magus2k
Download v6.99 6210.

@ Voledar
What is the website on the front of your cart?

@ KenKouzan
i/Edge are not supported

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi. I believe I have the same cart as Voledar [from what little description he gave].

Anyway, website on the packaging for my card is here [it looks exactly like the black cart on top of the page, except sticker is shinier and a rectangular portion of the front of the cart bulges out a little]. Made a help post on the DS flashcart forum/subforum and they redirected me here. Thanks for your time.

Odieelperro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Once you get RGF kernel working, can you update to 1.4.5 And/or play online? i have a R4clone flashcard that has the same install method as the GEi one. (www.r4i.ndsi.in)
Edit: I managed to get everything working, though have yet to try the latest games like pokemon black 2.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disclaimer:
Since even I was confused with my card, I will not claim that this will wok with other cards that look like or are tagged the same as my card. I only made this post to tell RetroGameFan what I've found [and if it works].

Just an update on my card.

It seems it's an r4i-gold upgrade revolution for DS. That's what it said at the bottom-left side of the back of the box [that was long-winded...]. With this info, I then tied to apply the files here. Here are my findings...

I first tried it with the instructions on the first page under DSTT/i = R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution v1.4.1
Results:
Primary Kernel - FAILED [I got the microSD with a frown and MENU? written in red IIRC]
Dual Boot - SUCCESS [However, I did not have to do select the YSMenu.nds file. In fact, clicking on it gave me the same screen]
I then tried it with the instructions under DSTT/i = R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution (v1.14b kernel)
Results:
Primary Kernel - SUCCESS

Hopefully this helps you along somewhat. Also, thank you so much. You rock!

Blue Beetle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much I registered just to give thanks
I was using the r4 silver from r4isdhc and their kernel was useless giving me a black screen on my DS Lite
I was sent here by Agent_Koopa over at the iso zone and I dont regret coming

Thank You!:lol::nds:

Edit: in case anyone was wondering about the details
using: NDS Lite
I used R4i-SDHC YSMenu I believe
I had an r4 silver
and I formatted my card as told to do so by the tutorial

thelostqwerty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I need some help. Here is what I have.

DS phat
NDSL R4 Revolution 3 whose website was www.ndslr4.com

I gave it to the younger brother but he formated it and now it's empty. When I visited the site on the link it was gone, and so I need help restarting the card. Thanks!

Aunir

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
sorry but pretty please can someone from te retrogame team help me? i know its annoying but i do need help knowing which YSMEN i must use to avoid cartridge damage.

Rodrigo García Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, retro, update to the 7.00. I want to play pokemon heartgold and soulsilver. If i update the kernel to the 6.99, then says: The game saved was deleted!!. If I update the .dat I can´t play pokemon heartgold beacause it shows a white screen!. I´m playing in a R4IIISDHC

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone
A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :)

@ Shinigami357 & Blue Beetle
Thankyou for confirming your carts compatibility.

@ takuyayagami
The Ace3DS+ appears an R4 clone, so you could try the R4-Clone YSMenu folder, at your own risk.

@ Aunir
That cart appears to be an Amazekard Clone, (which is a Galaxy Eagle clone, which is an R4Ultra Clone, which is an AceKard2i clone LOL), so you could try the GEi_R4i YSMenu folder, at your own risk.

@ thelostqwerty
You will find your carts original kernel on Linfox Domain (search the page for ndslr4.com). Install and you could try Dual Booting with the R4i-SDHC YSMenu folder, at your own risk.

@ Rodrigo Garcia Martin
Please update to v6.99 6216

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello RetroGameFan.

Many thanks for this great piece of work. It makes my M3 DS Real still useable.

Can you please exlpain if there is a way to hide directories within Ysmenu and how to do it?

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:yaynds: RetroGameFan :yaynds:

THX Budd used ur MultiCart Update on my DS Lite using M3i Adapter now running Sakura/TouchPod one word..........Amazing!!!!!!!

Really flawless Thread u have here

Aunir

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
guys i install it just like you say and it says _UNKNOW_DLDI_NAME when i try to run it like secondary kernel (no damage) when i try it as primary black screen (and still no damage really glad ) any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1