Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, um, new cart. Well, the games that were there were working, from what I tried of it, but the GUI sucked and the menu didn't even show up for some reason.

NOTE: Oh, yeah, website, right... It's here [the card fits the one pictured on top]. Also, the PCB is red from what little of it is showing [I don't dare pick apart a brand new cart].

EDIT: The FAQs sent me to r4i-gold.com [for poblems with firmware] so apparently this card is based off of that or something. Is that significant at all?

Anyway, here are my questions...

1. Obviously it's a clone [fake? can you call it fake if it works?]. Anyone have any idea what it's a clone for?
2. I've no experience with these weird chinese-type sites, so I couldn't distinguish where the stuff that runs the roms is/are [firmware? I've forgotten what they're called]. Is it the same as the 'kernel' or is that something else altogether?
3. Are there any alternatives for the firmware/os/whatever they call it [kinda like akaio for acekard or wood for r4], just in case? Does that stuff not work on clones/fakes?
4. Um... Any other info/whatever?

I'm really at my wits' end here, guys... Thanks.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1. There is a clone index for r4 on this forum.
2. The kernel ( the links with different lang options).
3. Check out retro game fan multicart. It might be supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: