'R4i GOLD' questions [details inside]

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shinigami357, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Shinigami357
    OP

Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Jul 29, 2010
    So, um, new cart. Well, the games that were there were working, from what I tried of it, but the GUI sucked and the menu didn't even show up for some reason.

NOTE: Oh, yeah, website, right... It's here [the card fits the one pictured on top]. Also, the PCB is red from what little of it is showing [I don't dare pick apart a brand new cart].

EDIT: The FAQs sent me to r4i-gold.com [for poblems with firmware] so apparently this card is based off of that or something. Is that significant at all?

Anyway, here are my questions...

1. Obviously it's a clone [fake? can you call it fake if it works?]. Anyone have any idea what it's a clone for?
    2. I've no experience with these weird chinese-type sites, so I couldn't distinguish where the stuff that runs the roms is/are [firmware? I've forgotten what they're called]. Is it the same as the 'kernel' or is that something else altogether?
    3. Are there any alternatives for the firmware/os/whatever they call it [kinda like akaio for acekard or wood for r4], just in case? Does that stuff not work on clones/fakes?
    4. Um... Any other info/whatever?

I'm really at my wits' end here, guys... Thanks.

2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    1. There is a clone index for r4 on this forum.
    2. The kernel ( the links with different lang options).
    3. Check out retro game fan multicart. It might be supported.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice