Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

CONADATUAMAE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi RGF,

in YsMenu.ini you have brightness set to 1, when I think it would be more useful if set to -1 (Minus sign is missing) by default.
So I wonder if this is a preference of yours or a typo.

It gets a bit boring everytime I update I have to go back to the pc to change that .ini setting. (I though there would be a feature in the fw to save the settings when changed in the Ds. L shoulder button, or top left corner in touchscreen, will change brightness; the R button changes an icon (top right corner, in touchscreen) from green to red but I haven't figured out yet whats the use of it.)

Keep up the good work and stuff.

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
vamorex3000 said:
magicksun said:
sorry boys but when i play the 999 i have random freezes , i have a r4sdhc ,

According to information posted by Retro, you probably need to delete your 999 Save file and start fresh with the latest 6.3 update.
yeaaa , i delete the .sav , from the ds , but i don't try it from the pc :S , but there is a delete file from the game , retro say to delete the sav , i delete from the ds , and from the game , the only thing i have to do is from the pc

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
CONADATUAMAE said:
Hi RGF,

in YsMenu.ini you have brightness set to 1, when I think it would be more useful if set to -1 (Minus sign is missing) by default.
So I wonder if this is a preference of yours or a typo.

It gets a bit boring everytime I update I have to go back to the pc to change that .ini setting. (I though there would be a feature in the fw to save the settings when changed in the Ds. L shoulder button, or top left corner in touchscreen, will change brightness; the R button changes an icon (top right corner, in touchscreen) from green to red but I haven't figured out yet whats the use of it.)

Keep up the good work and stuff.
the R button, is to modify the softreset. ( ON or OFF )

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hope this doesn't make me sound like an ass since I'm just being frank

@Retro was just wondering that there's only like 5-6 games that are left in the non-working field and as such, I was wondering is it because you haven't worked on them yet or is it because some part of theirs can't currently be solved via DSTT? I'm not really looking out for any of those games in particular (although admittedly I like a few of them) but I was thinking why these games have been part of that list for so long when practically every other game has been solved already

again not to sound rude or anything...just merely curious

feel free to ignore if you feel otherwise

cheers mate!

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded to 6.43 and the graphics are all messy and the menu's a trainwreck!

If I put in both the TTMenu and YSMenu folders, it wants to merge both TTMenu folders into one...

Removing the YSMenu folder didn't fix the issue, I still have a non-functional menu and none of my games will load.

vamorex3000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rokku said:
I upgraded to 6.43 and the graphics are all messy and the menu's a trainwreck!

If I put in both the TTMenu and YSMenu folders, it wants to merge both TTMenu folders into one...

Removing the YSMenu folder didn't fix the issue, I still have a non-functional menu and none of my games will load.

Delete whatever current TTMENU folder you have on your MicroSD then re-download Retros 6.3. Open the .Rar file and extract it somewhere. You will be left with a folder called DSTT_DSTTi, Open this and you will see TTMENU and YSMenu folders, you need to OPEN the YSMenu folder and inside will be the TTMENU and TTMENU.DAT that you need. This will however swap you to using YSMENU so if by "Trainwreck" you meant that it no longer looks like the original DSTT layout then thats why.

If you wanted the old original DSTT menu follow the steps previously but instead of copying the TTMENU and TTMENU.DAT from inside the YSMENU folder, copy them from inside the TTMENU folder.

If you delete whatever TTMENU folder you have on the card first, you should get it working.

dude of the gree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find Mega Man Zero collection on any of your lists, does it work with this firmware?

Edit: Disregard that, I found it. However, I can't find Pokémon Black or White.
Edit2: I receive an "UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE" error message.
Edit3: Got around that, now I get an "Unsupported DLDI name" error message.
Edit4: Still getting the above message, but I after a few adjustments I have YSmenu itself working on its own, while keeping my original firmware. It says version 1.51, is that the problem? I'm using the R4 clone folder, on an R4 Ultra.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this
smile.gif
hopefully pokemon black works, i havent touched my ds in so long

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey retty, I don't use my R4 but i was curious why you didnt use (or atleast include) an encrypted and properly named Ysmenu? Doesn't the R4 use an encrypted "_SYSTEM_.DAT" or something? it would help to give it that "firmware" feel.
biggrin.gif

marchetto96 said:
This game does not work
please add it to the next release
bye bye
yaynds.gif
Uh oh...

boxxleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retro, thank you for all your hard work to keep my DSTTi and R4 Clones alive to see another day. You are quite possibly one of the greatest people in the history of our world.

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I need some help...
I can't receive minigames in Wario Ware DIY (E)
Either from Wi-fi or Wii...
Using latest update with TTMenu on DSTT ^^

cueballkrill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Long term watcher of the board, I would also like to throw in my thanks to Retro for his work in keeping the DSTTi alive and kicking.

I do have a bit of a problem and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the issue.

I have an official DSTTi card which has now been updated to the latest 1.4.1 firmware.

I have downloaded Retro's latest release, formatted my microsd card with Panasonics Formatter and have copied the files of the DSTT_DSTTi folder (TTMenu) to the root of my memory card.

I have so far tried two games which I have checked off of the "Working Clean Untrimmed Games List"
5401 - Sonic Colors (J) - v6.42 *NEW* & 5364 - Tron (E) - v6.42 *NEW* and they do not work.

Sonic will load, show a saving screen and then go white. I've also tried a slightly older game "Metal Max 3" this is also the same. The game will load to a point and then instead of white the screen goes black.

I have tried some very old nds games which work fine.

Is there something that I am missing as to why these newer games refuse to fully load?

Thanks in advance,

Cue

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cueballkrill said:
Hi,

Long term watcher of the board, I would also like to throw in my thanks to Retro for his work in keeping the DSTTi alive and kicking.

I do have a bit of a problem and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the issue.

I have an official DSTTi card which has now been updated to the latest 1.4.1 firmware.

I have downloaded Retro's latest release, formatted my microsd card with Panasonics Formatter and have copied the files of the DSTT_DSTTi folder (TTMenu) to the root of my memory card.

I have so far tried two games which I have checked off of the "Working Clean Untrimmed Games List"
5401 - Sonic Colors (J) - v6.42 *NEW* & 5364 - Tron (E) - v6.42 *NEW* and they do not work.

Sonic will load, show a saving screen and then go white. I've also tried a slightly older game "Metal Max 3" this is also the same. The game will load to a point and then instead of white the screen goes black.

I have tried some very old nds games which work fine.

Is there something that I am missing as to why these newer games refuse to fully load?

Thanks in advance,

Cue
for sonic you need to patch it and for tron all you need is to encrypt it and they sould work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...