Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@infidelity nope man, no luck on my side either.
I tried with both ZIP and ROM extensions, they both crashed the Wii U when trying to load a ColecoVision rom.
I tried Burger Time and Defender I believe, couldn't get them to boot.
(And I do have the BIOS file in the system folder as well)

This seems to be a core specific issue with BlueMSX so far, since it does boot MSX and MSX2 roms right?
It's only ColecoVision ones that don't boot up.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
cores/system? is that correct?

Could be that it just doesn't work... maybe an endian-ness issue.
Has anyone else tried?

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
regarding the wiiu :P, it's big endian and I haven't seen this issue on other platforms, so it could be an issue due to endianness. Easiest way to test would be to test in RPCS3

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@infidelity nope man, no luck on my side either.
I tried with both ZIP and ROM extensions, they both crashed the Wii U when trying to load a ColecoVision rom.
I tried Burger Time and Defender I believe, couldn't get them to boot.
(And I do have the BIOS file in the system folder as well)

This seems to be a core specific issue with BlueMSX so far, since it does boot MSX and MSX2 roms right?
It's only ColecoVision ones that don't boot up.

Glad to know I'm not going crazy, heh. I don't have MSX/MSX2 roms, honestly I don't know what that is, but I know ColecoVision, which is why I downloaded the core. Idk how git hub works, could someone right up an issue about this? Thanks for testing this out yourself, I really appreciate that! :-)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone know where I can get a collection of Super Gameboy (2) borders als PNG files?

This one e.g. doesn't have a nice quality but it's what I mean: Borders which I then can use with the GBC version of the game while using this borders not by "official Super Gameboy support" of a core but by RetroArch itself as border/shader/overlay/whatever to achieve my ultimate goal:
Playing games like Zelda IV with their GBC colors but within the SGB border. =)

Edit: At least I found this.

Last edited by lordelan,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played around a bit on the PC with the shaders feature from within the quick menu while a game is loaded. Now that's really odd.
When I load a preset from the menu it looks like this while still being in the menu:

Mario inmenu.png

But when I return to the game (via "resume") it looks like this:

Mario ingame.png

Just why?
@rioray @cucholix

Edit: Nevermind. It was because the same border was put in as an overlay from my tries I did right before I started to try out shaders.
On a fresh RetroArch if I only use shaders it works now. That's really very cool. Now I understand the pattern and can make borders for everything. I would only need to find borders for all the games I want. :)

Last edited by lordelan,

Loki_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks! Another question, is there a way to play Die Hard Arcade? At starting the rom there's an error about console region, because the rom try to use Jap Bios (from what I read online). How can I set the rom to use US Bios instead?

Please anyone?

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I checked Die Hard arcade and similar 3D arcade games are still not playable
because they require a huge amount of code that is not available on Retroarch Wii U atm.
Isn't it the same issue preventing a smooth running PSX core?

I have a question about XInput.
As we all know Nintendont can use XInpunt controllers through the use of a very expensive line of adapters:
  • CronusMax adapter (for Xbox 360 wired controller)
  • CronusMax adapter + Xbox360 PC adapter (for Xbox 360 wireless controller)

Has anyone tested this on Retroarch Wii U and had any success? I really must know. Thanks.

Last edited by Maxbeta,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last time I checked Die Hard arcade and similar 3D arcade games are still not playable because they require a huge amount of code that is not available on Retroarch Wii U atm. Isn't it the same issue affecting PSX core?

I have a question about XInput.
As we all know Nintendont can use XInpunt controllers through the use of a very expensive line of adapters:
  • CronusMax adapter (for Xbox 360 wired controller)
  • CronusMax adapter + Xbox360 PC adapter (for Xbox 360 wireless controller)

Has anyone tested this on Retroarch Wii U and had any success? I really must know. Thanks.
The issue with PSX is the lack of a dynamic recompiler for PPC architecture, which would help boost the performance of the core.
I don't know what the issue might be for 3D arcade games, but I assume something similar might be at fault.

Reactions: Maxbeta

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: ploggy

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So by changing
Code:
char* path = g.gl_pathv[i];
to
Code:
char path[1024];
Fixes the issue when trying to boot ColecoVision games?
Is the pull request done already or should I do it?
without this
Code:
   char path[1024];
   sprintf(path,"%s\0",g.gl_pathv[i]);
i had an DSI about strlen
with this small change i was able to load tapper .

can you try to see if it works for you ? before PR
https://filebin.net/egot2xvaq0mjhykm

Reactions: ploggy and lordelan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
without this
Code:
   char path[1024];
   sprintf(path,"%s\0",g.gl_pathv[i]);
i had an DSI about strlen
with this small change i was able to load tapper .

can you try to see if it works for you ? before PR
https://filebin.net/egot2xvaq0mjhykm
Oh I'm at work at the moment, but perhaps @infidelity, @ploggy or @cucholix could test this core with ColecoVision ROMs and see if they got them to run. I'll try them out if there is still no word if it works by the time I get home :)

Reactions: ploggy

slayer171

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed the channel and put the RetroArch files on the memory card, but whenever I open the app, I get the splash screen, then it boots me back to the Wii U menu? Help! I am running cbhc

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm at work at the moment, but perhaps @infidelity, @ploggy or @cucholix could test this core with ColecoVision ROMs and see if they got them to run. I'll try them out if there is still no word if it works by the time I get home :)

I'll definitely grab the latest nightly build tonight. My kids got to the WiiU first this evening, so I gotta wait till they goto bed, heh.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue with PSX is the lack of a dynamic recompiler for PPC architecture, which would help boost the performance of the core.
I don't know what the issue might be for 3D arcade games, but I assume something similar might be at fault.

I believe the PSX dynarec is on indefinite hold, unfortunately. Unless the RA devs know differently. I've given up and moved on from PSX/N64 dynarec on Wii U entirely. *Shrug* There's clearly been no development in months and person who was supposed to be working on the bounty has gone silent, so yeah, it's dead, Jim.:rolleyes: So much for incentives.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought