Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone else noticed performance issues with the Gambatte core?
When playing Link's Awakening DX in Gambatte, I noticed some sound crackling when text scrolls on screen while background music is playing. mGBA seems to run smoother, but it doesn't have as many features as Gambatte (like Color correction, different GBC palettes for GB games).

Also, is mGBA the only core for GBA games? It seems to run fine but I kinda miss the color correction feature because of this issue with many GBA games: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy_Advance_emulators#Oversaturation

And another question.. is there any core for GB games which has Super Game Boy colors support?

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway way to use scanlines? Seriously with the cool as hell XMB finally there, scanlines are the one thing keeping the Wii U port from being my favorite thing ever.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed performance issues with the Gambatte core?
When playing Link's Awakening DX in Gambatte, I noticed some sound crackling when text scrolls on screen while background music is playing. mGBA seems to run smoother, but it doesn't have as many features as Gambatte (like Color correction, different GBC palettes for GB games).

Also, is mGBA the only core for GBA games? It seems to run fine but I kinda miss the color correction feature because of this issue with many GBA games: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy_Advance_emulators#Oversaturation

And another question.. is there any core for GB games which has Super Game Boy colors support?

Well there is VBA (I think) but is pretty bad with frame skipping.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Please use this Playlist Buddy to parse thumbnails for your games, other versions are broken and don't allow automatically download images from internet, just found it out after struggling with the thing for about a month -___-

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I managed to create a playlists but I have a problem : the playlists are supposed to have the icon of the game console's controller but there is no icons for the playlists.

I tried to update the assets but still no icons. Can someone help ?

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kfrfansub The playlists need to have specific names in order for the console graphics to show up. You can find the correct names by looking in the assets/xmb/monochrome folder (I'm just pulling that path from memory ATM, so you might have to dig around a bit)

Eg. NES would be "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System".

Keep in mind if you rename your playlists, you should also do a find and replace within the playlist file to replace all instances of the old playlist name with the new one.

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you @worm28

I have a last problem. When i try to load a rom from the playlist it tell me "could not load from playlist".

My roms are located to the sd card and here is the code in the playlist.ipl :

sd:\roms\neogeoroms\2020bb.zip
2020 Super Baseball (set 1)
DETECT
DETECT
DETECT

What is wrong in this code ?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @worm28

I have a last problem. When i try to load a rom from the playlist it tell me "could not load from playlist".

My roms are located to the sd card and here is the code in the playlist.ipl :

sd:\roms\neogeoroms\2020bb.zip
2020 Super Baseball (set 1)
DETECT
DETECT
DETECT

What is wrong in this code ?
That does not look right you should rescan and let retroarch create a new playlist if that does not work then you should use this to create your playlist Playlist Buddy and use this pic http://imgur.com/a/qaBRG fill it out like the picture. I could not get retroarch to create a playlist for cps1,cps2 and cps3.

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems getting RetroArch to work for me. When I load it, I see a white screen with white letters (black outlining); in other words, the normal initial screen, but with the wrong colors. My controller (a Wii U Pro) is unable to provide any inputs. It is not frozen, however, as turning on another controller results in an on-screen notification that a controller has been added (the new controller also can't do anything). I have tried deleting the configuration file, but that does nothing. I am running CBHC, and RetroArch 1.6.0 Stable through the RetroArch channel/forwarder. I do not have a Gamepad connected to the Wii U at the moment, in case that makes a difference. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems getting RetroArch to work for me. When I load it, I see a white screen with white letters (black outlining); in other words, the normal initial screen, but with the wrong colors. My controller (a Wii U Pro) is unable to provide any inputs. It is not frozen, however, as turning on another controller results in an on-screen notification that a controller has been added (the new controller also can't do anything). I have tried deleting the configuration file, but that does nothing. I am running CBHC, and RetroArch 1.6.0 Stable through the RetroArch channel/forwarder. I do not have a Gamepad connected to the Wii U at the moment, in case that makes a difference. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

For the white screen problem, you need to download the assets folder and make sure the asset path is set correctly in the Directory settings.

For the controller issue, I believe player 1 is mapped to index 0 by default (which is the gamepad). You'll probably need to modify the retroarch.cfg manually, and change the controller index for player one from 0 to 1 (assuming you are using the first connected Wii U Pro controller).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY