Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 nope, no luck. :/
I downloaded the latest brainage.zip from your repo, put it in the same folder as wupclient.py, ran it with python -i wupclient.py, then proceeded to type the following command:
w.up("rom.zip", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/10179B00/content/0010/rom.zip")

Restarted the Wii U, loaded up HBL 1.4 (lower left corner says Homebrew Launcher v1.4 by Dimok), tried to load fbaalpha_2012_libretro.rpx but it gives me this screen:

img_20161117_183752-1-jpg.69282

(Yes I know quality could be beter, stupid phone's camera doesn't auto-focus properly)

So I'm not sure what could be the problem anymore. :/

Damn, this does not look good for the future of Wii U apps, given that they're gonna use RPX instead of Elf files. @dimok might have insight, IDK.

So now what? Do we just be forever stuck with ELF format?

This really really sucks. *sigh*

Last edited by the_randomizer,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, this does not look good for the future of Wii U apps, given that they're gonna use RPX instead of Elf files. @dimok might have insight, IDK.

In what way does this not look good for the future of wiiu apps?? When rpx works perfectly using homebrew launcher. I have had zero issues with the rpx FBA emulator on homebrew launcher.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what way does this not look good for the future of wiiu apps?? When rpx works perfectly using homebrew launcher. I have had zero issues with the rpx FBA emulator on homebrew launcher.

I mean, there has to be a reason others have this issue while others don't, right?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let's just all calm down and figure out a way to fix this error.
I know I'm not the only one, since it seems ploggy and another user (I think) also had this very same issue, although I haven't read anything about if they got it to work eventually or not.

I have already updated the rom.zip from Brain Age using haxchi and wupclient.py and that didn't seem to work, so let's seee what else it could be.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then how is it that people are having this issue with Haxchi? People want to move away from having to rely on the web exploit as having it done via forwarder is much easier. People are getting errors with Haxchi without any solutions. HBL and online hosts have to update each time HBL updates, there has to be a solution to solve these issues.
Yes but it still makes zero sense to say this looks bad for wiiu homebrew when it does work as it should just not with Haxchi at the moment for some people and give it a few days and there will be some kind of fix for haxchi users.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it still makes zero sense to say this looks bad for wiiu homebrew when it does work as it should just not with Haxchi at the moment for some people and give it a few days and there will be some kind of fix for haxchi users.

Sorry, just, I hope that this can be figured out, nothing more.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's just all calm down and figure out a way to fix this error.
I know I'm not the only one, since it seems ploggy and another user (I think) also had this very same issue, although I haven't read anything about if they got it to work eventually or not.

I have already updated the rom.zip from Brain Age using haxchi and wupclient.py and that didn't seem to work, so let's seee what else it could be.

My problem was I was using HBL 1.4 but not using the newer 551HBL.mp4 :P
If people are desperate to use the FBA 2012 core while the problems with haxchi get sorted, all they have to do is load loadiine.ovh and select the Homebrew Launcher 1.4 exploit then load FBA 2012 like normal :)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My problem was I was using HBL 1.4 but not using the newer 551HBL.mp4 :P
If people are desperate to use the FBA 2012 core while the problems with haxchi get sorted, all they have to do is load loadiine.ovh and select the Homebrew Launcher 1.4 exploit then load FBA 2012 like normal :)
Nah I'm not desperate, I just wanted to try it out with haxchi and see if I could boot up Mame ROMs, but I can wait :)
I'm all up for debugging the problem.

Reactions: ploggy

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nah I'm not desperate, I just wanted to try it out with haxchi and see if I could boot up Mame ROMs, but I can wait :)
I'm all up for debugging the problem.
have you tried to change mlc1 to usb1?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
have you tried to change mlc1 to usb1?
You mean putting the rom.zip in usb01?
Unlikely since wupclient tells you the path doesn't exist if you try it in usb and it's not there.
Besides, if that were the case and it i deed went to usb, I wouldn't be able to boot HBL from the injected DS VC

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Buildbot 2016-11-18 2238

CPS1:
Working! (tested with: Final Fight, Street Fighter II, 3 Wonders, Carrier Air Wing) **
CPS2: Working! (tested with: 1944, M vs. C, SSF II Turbo, XM vs. SF, Marvel Super Heroes, SF Alpha 1-2-3)
CPS3: Working! (tested with: SF III: 2nd Impact-Third Strike, Jojo's Venture, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Red Earth, Warzard)
FBA 2012: Won't load fully in the Homebrew Launcher (size limit / Not Enough Memory)
Neo Geo: Working! (tested with: Art of Fighting 3, Fatal Fury 3, KoF 2003, The Last Blade 1-2, Metal Slug 4-5, SVC Chaos Super Plus)
FCEUMM: Working! ***
Gambatte: Working!
GenesisPlus GX: Working! Sega 1000, Master System, Genesis, and Sega CD, all perfect!
MAME2003 Midway: Working! (tested with: Mortal Kombat I - II - 3 - Ultimate, NBA Jam, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, NBA Maximum Hang Time)
Mednafen Lynx: Working! **
Mednafen NGP: Only loads a white screen (tested with 2 games)
Mednafen PCE Fast: Working! PC Engine and TurboGrafx CD, all perfect.
Mednafen SuperGrafx: Working!
Mednafen VB: Working!
Mednafen Wswan: Working!
mGBA: Working! GB - GBC - GBA ****
Nestopia: Working!
Snes9X: Working!
Snes9x 2010: Working, though it crashes some secs after the game is running.
Quicknes: Working! *****

- HW Bilinear Filtering / Aspect Ratio Index working correctly.
- Right Analog mapping.
- Dip switches working.
- No ZIP support except for arcade games.

** hangs if you load more than 1 game.
*** hangs if you load more than 3 games.
**** hangs if you load some combinations of GB - GBC ROMs. Happened to me with GBA>GBC>GB>GBA>GB, then GBA>GBC>GBC. You mileage may vary.
***** hangs if you load more than 2 games.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop the drama and cut the paranoia, why do you have to make such a fuss for a lame bug??

@OriginalHamster you just cannot load dreamcast games with the cps3 emulator, u need a sfiii3.zip

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dropping by to mention that FBA RPX doesn't load for me with neither haxchi nor running HBL through loadiine.ovh.
With haxchi I get system memory error, and with loadiine.ovh the rpx freezes HBL right when it's about to finish loading up.

Same thing which happened to @niuus a few pages back.

I'll sit this one out and wait to see what happens with upcoming nightlies. :)

The other cores seem to be working okay, only mGBA seems to get DSI exceptions if I try to boot GB/GBC games.

Reactions: niuus

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updated using Haxchi Installer 1.1.1, Homebrew now works with fbalpha2012_libretro.rpx
I also deleted the save of Homebrew Launcher (Brain Age)

Last edited by AlanLC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.