Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by aliaspider, Nov 6, 2016.

1. gblues

gblues Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2018
    United States
    I'm hesitant to get rid of it, because it's still useful--for example, today I accidentally switched pad 0 to "disabled" and the only way to cleanly shut down was to use the panic button (and then fix the cfg over FTP...). But we can change it to something more difficult to hit accidentally, like maybe L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + '+' + '-'?

2. skarmachild

skarmachild GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Can we have an update similar to retroarch on 3ds - touching the top half of the touch screen turns off/on the display, touching the bottom half brings up the menu. Would be super useful when playing on TV so the console doesn't have to output to both GamePad and TV.

3. maroonspirit

maroonspirit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2018
    Canada
    Toronto
    That would definitely help. Do hotkey combos not work when a gamepad is disabled?trying to reason why the WiiU platform needs this but desktop does not

Last edited by maroonspirit, Apr 30, 2018
  4. upsteady

upsteady Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Turkey
    Guys, my fba core not working. Neo geo and cps1 games works perfectly but cps2 games not working. I updated retroarch 1.7.2 version and my fba cps2 games not working. Which fba core is the best?

5. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    FBA's been having issues since 1.7.2 and some 1.7.1 nightlies.
    It seems to be a core-specific issue, not from RetroArch's side.
    I suggest you keep an eye out for the fba-libretro Github repo for commits, and after a commit you think could fix that, wait a few hours and grab the nightly for it.

upsteady and lordelan like this.
  6. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    Can retroarch be made to control the Wii U's video resolution? with shaders being prohibitively difficult for the layman to utilize my best option for making games look better is to set my Wii U's resolution to 480p and let my TV's upscaler do some subtle burring that looks far better than bilinear filtering and it is annoying to have to keep switching resolutions every time I use retroarch.

Also can there be a way to set different hotkey binds per controller?

7. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    ShadowOne333 and lordelan like this.
  8. upsteady

upsteady Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Turkey
    I did download another romset and fba core.. All games worked. Thank you.

cucholix and ShadowOne333 like this.
  9. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
  10. upsteady

upsteady Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Turkey
    my old rom set works perfectly. I updated ra cores latest stable version and after that cps2 games not worked. I different fba cores but results same, cps 2 games not worked. I downloaded another romset and all games working again. Sorry for my bad English.

11. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Please if someone has a copy of @rioray x64sdl2_libretro.rpx link to it, I lost my file :C

12. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Seems like a somewhat important commit might be coming for the Wii U port of RetroArch regarding stability:
    https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/6672

As soon as that gets merged, I encourage users to test the nightlies for that thoroughly without end xD

I wish I had it bud :(
    Have you tried checking in the Nightlies buildbot where the individual cores are located?
    Or perhaps @QuarkTheAwesome or @rioray could compile it again and/or add it to the buildbot too.

ploggy, lordelan and DarthDub like this.
  13. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Haven't heard of that core... you mean vice_x64? You can get that one here, otherwise you might have to provide a bit more info.
    It's a bit of code reorganization, as long as it doesn't break core switching I wouldn't expect anything different for you lot; in terms of stability or otherwise. Should make the code cleaner and easier to work on, though!

ShadowOne333, lordelan and DarthDub like this.
  14. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    x64sdl2_libretro is a c64 emu that rioray (r-type) was porting to Wii U, it runs at full speed and performs way better than vice64 on Wii U. In fact the emu was ready to go as far I can tell, too bad it never got included into oficial releases.

15. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    What romset are you using mate? I tried a romset from the "archive" fba 0.2.97.43 and still got DSI error :unsure:

16. upsteady

upsteady Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Turkey
    I am using fba 0.2.97.42 not 43. My romset name is fba_libreto_v0.2.97.42_no_clones.

DarthDub, cucholix and lordelan like this.
  17. upsteady

upsteady Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Turkey
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfq2qzwg1uuh7w8/fbalpha_libretro.rpx?dl=0

this fba 0.2.97.42 core works perfectly with fba_libreto_v0.2.97.42_no_clones romset. Maybe somebody needs it.

3 years ago I said I never ever sell my precious xbox classic because of 720p emulators. when I met ra with wii u this year first thing I did sell my original xbox haha. Now king is wii u. :P

18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    The Wii U indeed is the best home (only) console ever in my opinion as it covers not only Wii U, Wii and GC games natively but also many systems we love (especially from Nintendo) thanks to RetroArch.
    The Nintendo Switch is even better for RetroArch as it's portable but on the other hand it will never fill the gap of GC, Wii and Wii U games (not even with Dolphin) so the Wii U will be on my TV for a very very long time. :)

19. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Damn straight :P No matter how good Retroarch Switch gets, my WiiU will always be right next to it by the TV ;)

20. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Yeah I spent a lot of time setting all the Wii U stuff up, I don't want to let it fade into obscurity

ploggy and lordelan like this.