Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not getting any slowdown, I tried those games specifically too. Do you have any Shaders enabled? Rewind Enabled?
I'm on the latest nightly with Scanline Overaly enabled. I have noticed that pressing the Home button now resumes gameplay again :P the was a while where I had to manually select "Resume" to get back into gameplay ;) and the of course the Clock working :)

The only thing I can suggest is try the latest nightly and delete all configs just incase its messing something up?
It could be some heavy GPU processing shader got saved as preset and it's applying to all the cores, it's the only thing I can think of, some shaders make RA run slugish :P

Last edited by cucholix,

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@TLPD-AVW did you have the same issue as me when trying out the nightly?

I played around today with Genesis Plus GX and mGBA and couldn't reproduce this issue with 30 January nightlies on my end. I didn't test Snes9x, but I doubt that it will appear there. I did delete the cfg files fairly recently though.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No slowdown but I did see our old friend the DSI Error :P Happened switching from Mastersystem to FBA :P

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_160725[1].jpg
    IMG_20180131_160725[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not getting any slowdown, I tried those games specifically too. Do you have any Shaders enabled? Rewind Enabled?
I'm on the latest nightly with Scanline Overaly enabled. I have noticed that pressing the Home button now resumes gameplay again :P the was a while where I had to manually select "Resume" to get back into gameplay ;) and the of course the Clock working :)

The only thing I can suggest is try the latest nightly and delete all configs just incase its messing something up?
No Shaders, no Rewind, no Overlays at all.
I only use the clean image for all cores, even no bilinear filter for the best raw picture (what can I say, I love seeing pixels).
But yeah, I'll delete the main config file, perhaps that could help :P
And will also redownload the latest nightly just to be sure.

Reactions: ploggy

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No slowdown but I did see our old friend the DSI Error :P Happened switching from Mastersystem to FBA :P
I got it time to time, it happens to me when loading from playlist, sometimes the core is not switched correctly and the content is loaded with the wrong core :P
I always close content first just to be safe, but it seems even then the DSI appears now and then.

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got it time to time, it happens to me when loading from playlist, sometimes the core is not switched correctly and the content is loaded with the wrong core :P
I always close content first just to be safe, but it seems even then the DSI appears now and then.
Yea, same thing switching through playlist, this is the first time I've had it for a long while, so it is very rare :)

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone let me know why on earth my Retroarch freezes.

Ive been battling with this for 4 months and still nothing would work.
When I start it (via channel provided here) it goes into infinite loop it seems. I can hear the music looping and black screen. Ive left it like that for several hours to no avail. (I know Im a fool, but I have hope).

Now Im wondering..Is it possible that my save games are somehow corrupted and they cause problems when booting RA?
Is ''media'' folder the issue? Could it be that media folder is freezing the RA?
Or is it the channel? Im running haxchi first and then the channel.

Everyone else is enjoying it yet Im basically at step 1. It infuriates me T.T

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone let me know why on earth my Retroarch freezes.

Ive been battling with this for 4 months and still nothing would work.
When I start it (via channel provided here) it goes into infinite loop it seems. I can hear the music looping and black screen. Ive left it like that for several hours to no avail. (I know Im a fool, but I have hope).

Now Im wondering..Is it possible that my save games are somehow corrupted and they cause problems when booting RA?
Is ''media'' folder the issue? Could it be that media folder is freezing the RA?
Or is it the channel? Im running haxchi first and then the channel.

Everyone else is enjoying it yet Im basically at step 1. It infuriates me T.T

Are you running Haxchi or Haxchi with CFW? The latter of which requires holding B down when loading. Then the RA channel. Update to Haxchi with CFW.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you running Haxchi or Haxchi with CFW? The latter of which requires holding B down when loading. Then the RA channel. Update to Haxchi with CFW.
The thing is, it USED to work for a day. Then it went back to freezing.
I believe Im running haxchi with CFW. After I run it I can run my GBA and other VC injects normally so it has to be CFW right?

PS
I have a legit SD card, working 100% elsewhere.

EDIT: fixed wording

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, it USED to work for a day. Then it went back to freezing.
I believe Im running haxchi with CFW. I can run my GBA and other VC injects normally so it has to be CFW right?

PS
I have a legit SD card, working 100% elsewhere.

No one else is having the issue, so I don't know. Start a new directory on another card, IDK.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry:

Im going to test if its the media folder.
Does updating assets via Retroarch work?

I never tried. I'm not trying to be heartless, i just don't see why it's doing this. I used the 1-18-18 builds just fine with the media folder. I'm just saying back everything up, wipe the RA folders, and start again. If that doesn't work, then IDK. RA is working fine for countless others.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I'd just bite the bullet and buy a compatible ds game and do the coldboot haxchi install, that way you can narrow down the issue. But that's just me :P
Having to hold down buttons while loading things is just asking for issues ;)

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I'd just bite the bullet and buy a compatible ds game and do the coldboot haxchi install, that way you can narrow down the issue. But that's just me :P
Having to hold down buttons while loading things is just asking for issues ;)
I have it set so that I dont have to push any button. It auto loads haxchi and goes back to system menu with patches (or so I thought).

@the_randomizer
I know I know. Im just on the brink of insanity trying to get this working. NOTHING works. I tried everything. Wiped the sd card at least 10 times now and tried both nightlies and stables to no avail.
And the fact that it works for everyone else is making me even more bitter. :/

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it set so that I dont have to push any button. It auto loads haxchi and goes back to system menu with patches (or so I thought).

@the_randomizer
I know I know. Im just on the brink of insanity trying to get this working. NOTHING works. I tried everything. Wiped the sd card at least 10 times now and tried both nightlies and stables to no avail.

Sounds like the Haxchi is set up incorrectly or may need to be re-configured. Do you have CBHC or Haxchi? If you do nothing, it's coldboot, if you have to do something, it's Haxchi. Change the config to where you have to hold B as you boot Haxchi, that's what I do and it works fine. Not ideal, but I can't think of anything else. @ploggy @ShadowOne333 I could use your help.

I suspect the Haxchi configuration is not set up properly and/or needs to be reinstalled on the SD card. Set config to where you have to intervene and hold B to ensure you know CFW is loaded.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

@the_randomizer
I am assuming you hace CBHC installed right?
And you have the standalone RetroArch channel installed.
Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Do you have the Homebrew Launcher installed on the system?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
He say he can launch GBA and other VC injects normally, he should be able to launch RA channel just fine.
@fatsquirrel do you check if the lock lever is loose in your SD? RA writes configs to SD, so that would worth troubleshooting.

Also, post a pic of you folder structure, are you using .rpx files? using latest nightly?
Give us more details, so we can actually figure out what's happening :P

Last edited by cucholix,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

@the_randomizer
when you first boot your WiiU do you have a black screen with the words CBHC Autobooting... ?

Apologises for the kak pic :P

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_174735[1].jpg
    IMG_20180131_174735[1].jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 173

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...