Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Yunkel70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another issue... It seems that it can't detect patched roms with the switch's retroarch, although there's no problem with retroarch for windows. For example, my french trad patched "chrono trigger (usa).sfc" rom doesn't appear in the snes gamelist. Ozone or XMB, doesn't change nothing... Same issue for my FFVI patched rom... Both roms load perfectly on the windows retroarch version...

Last edited by Yunkel70,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Here are my config files for wolf3D using @rsn8887 method to duplicate inputs @ShadowOne333 :)
Unrar and drop it into "sd:/retroarch" folder, I included a core override to effectively assign p1 and p2 to p1, and a remap file for WOLF3D, just make sure the file you are excuting is named WOLF3D.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More remaps for some N64 games :P
  • War Gods
  • Turok 2
  • Golden Eye
Remember rename the config files the same as your roms names (or your roms the same as the config files uwu)

Attachments

• config.rar
    622 bytes · Views: 119
  • config.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 167

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here are my config files for wolf3D using @rsn8887 method to duplicate inputs @ShadowOne333 :)
Unrar and drop it into "sd:/retroarch" folder, I included a core override to effectively assign p1 and p2 to p1, and a remap file for WOLF3D, just make sure the file you are excuting is named WOLF3D.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More remaps for some N64 games :P
  • War Gods
  • Turok 2
  • Golden Eye
Remember rename the config files the same as your roms names (or your roms the same as the config files uwu)
Oh nice dude!
I did so some remapping for Wolfenstein 3D, but the only thing I was missing was the strafing.
Did you manage to make strafing work by moving the Left analog stick Left/right?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Oh nice dude!
I did so some remapping for Wolfenstein 3D, but the only thing I was missing was the strafing.
Did you manage to make strafing work by moving the Left analog stick Left/right?
I don't remember tbh, but it would work if you set in Quick Menu > Controller > d-pad to left analog (in Switch Controller #2) then set the d-pad left/right to keyboard arrows :)

Last edited by cucholix,

Hutch80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using the 1.7.6 version. Even though I have the roms folder on the root,it does not recognize the folder(s). From previously playing with this, I had a few recently played ones. These start fine but the sound stutters and gameplay is slo-mo (i.e. MKII - MAME). Any advice on what to do here?

Thx!

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question about romhacks and Mupen64Plus,

I was able to get SM64 romhacks to load, and the Ocarina of Time Randomizer DOES work correctly.

I tried 3 SM64 romhacks (Shining Stars 3, Star Revenge 4.5 and Last Impact), none of them load past the title screen.

It seems that it can't detect patched roms with the switch's retroarch, although there's no problem with retroarch for windows.

I meant to post about N64 games some weeks ago. But, for Roms, in general, I have N64 and Sega Genesis mods...that I can think of, right now. Also, Super Nintendo {Dr Mario World, etc}, but none of those run.

Genesis
Streets of Rage II Kratos and a lot of other character mods of that game play like normal.

N64
F Zero X Climax plays perfectly... however, regular F Zero X is glitched unless I delete the modded one. Also, they are the same file size.

Animal Forest I put a, very minimal, English patch over it and it's been ok.

Waluigi's Taco Stand goes over Super Mario 64. Mario doesn't get that F Zero glitch, but WTS freezes a little after starting the first challenge {or whatever it was called} and the file size is bigger.

Super Mario 64: Ocarina of Time nor some others even started up. Probably that 8mb allocation thing.

Disclaimer: JUST POSTING THESE AS MY FINDINGS, NOT SAYING RETROARCH 'SHOULD' PLAY THEM.

Yunkel70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another issue... It seems that it can't detect patched roms with the switch's retroarch, although there's no problem with retroarch for windows. For example, my french trad patched "chrono trigger (usa).sfc" rom doesn't appear in the snes gamelist. Ozone or XMB, doesn't change nothing... Same issue for my FFVI patched rom... Both roms load perfectly on the windows retroarch version...

Solved... Just needed to add manually the infos of patched roms in the playlist file, with the good name and the good CRC32

Reactions: cucholix

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you update RA without losing any settings? I have updated everything with the online updater but it seems I'm still running the same version of RA.

Yunkel70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can you update RA without losing any settings? I have updated everything with the online updater but it seems I'm still running the same version of RA.

I went here https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/, I took the latest retroarch version for switch (which was the 2019-04-11), i've drag and drop folders on the sd (also replace the n64 core by m4xw's one which is better) and that's it.

Last edited by Yunkel70,

buttslaya617z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best SNES core? Snes9x 2010 has audio stuttering and regular Snes9x occasionally will get visual stutter when the screen is scrolling. Haven't tried the others. This is while playing FFIII btw.

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arcade roms (FB Alpha and MAME) are the only exception.
Not only do the roms have to stay in the name you "got" them (like dkong.zip) in order to work, also thumbnails and cheats are named after their "official scene release name" (let us call it like that).
In most cases you are fine, when you look for a complete rom set with a dat file which you then use with Playlist Buddy.
Then you either download the thumbs from within RetroArch or here or here.
On that last link you can also browse the git repo and look how specific games need to be named.
I not sure what the deal is but it also doesn't work with SNES either. I think the playlist file is overriding that behavior. The thumbnails have to named like they are in the playlist.

Camptain0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario 64: Ocarina of Time nor some others even started up. Probably that 8mb allocation thing.

Yeah that seems to be the most likely culprit, since romhacks that have more simple edits like OOT randomizer run fine, but more complex ones (like anything Kaze makes) that require you to set that max memory size higher do not. I was under the impression that in Retroarch, the Mupen64Plus-Next core defaults the memory expansion to always be on, so I wonder what else could be causing it.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that seems to be the most likely culprit, since romhacks that have more simple edits like OOT randomizer run fine, but more complex ones (like anything Kaze makes) that require you to set that max memory size higher do not. I was under the impression that in Retroarch, the Mupen64Plus-Next core defaults the memory expansion to always be on, so I wonder what else could be causing it.

I still wonder why I was able to play a little bit of Waluigi's Taco Stand {SM64}, at all.

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did get it to boot and get past the intro on regular mupenplus core, just heavily glitched.
Mupen next core just gives a white screen after the intro.

SMB64 works somewhat on mupenplus, but doesnt work on mupennext core at all. The only rom hack that I have been able to play on mupennext was banjo dreamie.

Last edited by ddrrmm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs +1