Homebrew RetroArch Switch

rick_ff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
If you have micro stutter during transitions (where games stream in new content), that vanishes after a few seconds, that could be pbp's 'fault' otherwise - no.

But there is another issue of rom sites out there flogging modified pbp isos (cut, compressed) of PSX games - that were tested to run on a PSP, but NOT on a different PSX emulator.
No, only problematic PBP is Sled Storm so far. It casually crashes whole emulator after music starts in menu. But I probably will not bother with compressing this exact game because PBP saves only miserable 70 MB out of 670.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
*Nod and act as if you understood what the other person was saying.*

The only issue with pbp is Sled Storm 'so far'. So, so. How interesting! Excuse me for a moment...

*cram cram* Here I've crafted a proper response:
I've always said, the only issue with mp3 is the 'Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up' studio cut. So far. But I probably will not bother compressing it then. Cheerio.

Last edited by notimp,

Mambila2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sin & Punishment has an issue where explosions and some boss animations cause black screens that make it impossible to see where the attacks come from. Is it possible to fix ? (I'm using Mupen64Plus-Next from the disclaimer)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
*Nod and act as if what the other person said made any sense.*
Your game has an issue with an effect in emulation? So, so. How interesting. Excuse me for a moment...

*cram cram* No, sorry - response is always an allegory -

If one emulator supports 3000 games. And if 10 devs support one emulator.

Does that mean you get a dev that fixes an effect issue in your favourate game (out of the 3000), on request, because you just got the internet on your smartphone?

Sorry, not finished - in a forum thread, thats about porting emulators with certain limitations NOT coding, or improving them.

Now if you would look up the development community of Mupen64Plus... Then this still would lead no where.

;)

Last edited by notimp,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your game has an issue with an effect in emulation? So, so. How interesting. Excuse me for a moment...

Does that mean you get a dev that fixes an effect issue in your favorate game (out of the 3000), on request, because you just got the internet on your smartphone?

Sorry not finished - in a forum thread, thats about porting emulators with certain limitations NOT coding, or improving them.

Take a break go outside and get some fresh air.

Mambila2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Does that mean you get a dev that fixes an effect issue in your favorate game (out of the 3000), on request, because you just got the internet on your smartphone?

Sorry not finished - in a forum thread, thats about porting emulators with certain limitations NOT coding, or improving them.

Well, I did not properly ask the devs to fix the issue like it was nothing, I wanted to know if there was some option to tick to make that artifact disappear. I guess my sentence wasn't formulated the good way

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now if you would look up the development community of Mupen64Plus... Then this still would lead no where.

;)
Can I have some of what you're smoking?

D

Deleted User

Well, I did not properly ask the devs to fix the issue like it was nothing, I wanted to know if there was some option to tick to make that artifact disappear. I guess my sentence wasn't formulated the good way

coulda sworn my copy works great at what point do you notice this?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
In other allegory news. Best book: Wishes to the universe. Best way to sound smart - make every conceptual problem that potentially can exist about how you experienced it, then make it hypercontextual so generalization is not possible. No one will ever be able to prove you wrong. ;)

What? Exactly. ;)

Then make forums about supporting people, and politics about celebrity faces and feelings - and you've encompassed reality for roughly 60% of people. Life as I experience it through the lens of gbatemp. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

rick_ff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
*Nod and act as if you understood what the other person was saying.*

The only issue with pbp is Sled Storm 'so far'. So, so. How interesting! Excuse me for a moment...

*cram cram* Here I've crafted a proper response:
I've always said, the only issue with mp3 is the 'Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up' studio cut. So far. But I probably will not bother compressing it then. Cheerio.
Except you seem to be the one who didn't understood what I've said in first place.
I said those PBPs are converted from bin\cue's by myself. Also I did mention that it crashes emulator, not causes slowdowns.
But I guess instead of reponding to what person said, you just love to pretend that you read anything.

D

Deleted User

Against that boss fight that happens in some sort of bloodbath and also through the whole game, each time something huge blows up.

yeah definitely not a prob for me but im not at that exact point but explosions working no issue i think this game ran better on last version of core called rebase you may want that i am playing jap rom did you get a translated copy working?

Mambila2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah definitely not a prob for me but im not at that exact point but explosions working no issue i think this game ran better on last version of core called rebase you may want that i am playing jap rom did you get a translated copy working?

Nope. But in my memories, I extracted it from the virtual console WII version I own.

itsmefloflo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm I cannot mount my homm2 file either. Maybe it is a limitation of Daemon Tools? I got it to work with wav files before, maybe the problem is that the files are .ogg format. I wish gog.com would just give us the original audio data, instead of this compression.

Is it possible to convert ogg files to wav ?

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with my thumbnails? I created the directory using the Playlist Buddy in the OP but I only have icons with the number '10' beside the games.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone help me with my thumbnails? I created the directory using the Playlist Buddy in the OP but I only have icons with the number '10' beside the games.
What? I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

Anyway, the rom names must match the thumbnail names (except the extension obviously) and the playlist names must match the folder names where the thumbnail subfolders are in.

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

Anyway, the rom names must match the thumbnail names (except the extension obviously) and the playlist names must match the folder names where the thumbnail subfolders are in.

Are you saying the actual filenames must match the thumbnails or the complete names that the playlist created must match the thumbnails? The thumbnail names don't match the actual zip file names I know. I'll check, but I thought the program did all of that correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q