Homebrew RetroArch Switch

sid6581

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have it configured somehow , kp_divide maybe to a key in core options.
will look up tomorrow

Would love to know too. I assigned a hotkey (R3) to the virtual keyboard in the global configuration but nothing happens at all when I press it. I wanted to start Last Ninja 2 and needed to press F5 but I also couldn't assign a button to it.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to run RetroArch from the homebrew launcher, it just goes to that gray screen with the controller config in the bottom left and "OK" in the bottom right. This used to happen with the HB app store but that fixed itself. Dont know what Im doing wrong. It worked fine at first, then just started doing this all of a sudden. I tried replacing all the retroarch files, tried the nsp, but the NSP just goes to a black screen after being installed. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I can still press home to leave this, but I still cant get Retroarch working

Last edited by Sorox,

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Would love to know too. I assigned a hotkey (R3) to the virtual keyboard in the global configuration but nothing happens at all when I press it. I wanted to start Last Ninja 2 and needed to press F5 but I also couldn't assign a button to it.

I got it to work by going into control settings, then toggling joypad from retropad to joy (I think, then back to retropad. Then when going back to the running program, the Y button worked for the keyboard. Same issue with the raspberry PI build of vice. Had to toggle to get the virtual keyboard to work

j2nik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tried final fantasy 7 and 8, resi 1, 2 and 3, theme hospital and rtype

All are running fine, rtype sometimes gets a little slow down here and there

Can you check out Xenogears? Curious how it runs like for other people since I'm afraid I've installed the entire thing wrong.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works pretty well on the switch. Runs GBC and GBA games really well, even with rewind and fast-forward support. Unfortunately, save states hard crash the system and I have to reboot about 25% of the time. Saving or loading. It does actually do the saving, thankfully, but I think I'll wait until this program is markedly more stable. This crash occurs regardless of handheld or docked mode and the settings I've thus-far changed. Messing with the UI enough also saw a few crashes.

This is going to be great when it stops randomly crashing!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Works pretty well on the switch. Runs GBC and GBA games really well, even with rewind and fast-forward support. Unfortunately, save states hard crash the system and I have to reboot about 25% of the time. Saving or loading. It does actually do the saving, thankfully, but I think I'll wait until this program is markedly more stable. This crash occurs regardless of handheld or docked mode and the settings I've thus-far changed. Messing with the UI enough also saw a few crashes.

This is going to be great when it stops randomly crashing!
Stop using exfat

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But... Split files....
Yeah it sucks butts having to use such a shitty old limited format as fat32, but I'm glad to be able to use homebrew without corruption worries. DZ is getting pretty great for installing NSPs over network, the speed's not too bad considering you likely won't be installing >4gb games several times a day or anything.

Alosho

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah it sucks butts having to use such a shitty old limited format as fat32, but I'm glad to be able to use homebrew without corruption worries. DZ is getting pretty great for installing NSPs over network, the speed's not too bad considering you likely won't be installing >4gb games several times a day or anything.
What is DZ?

GPryhme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know what the popbios (PSP PS1 Bios) should be named to work with the pcsx rearmed? i have popbios.prx.
this is quoted from the Documentation of the release
"PCSX ReARMed – Sony PlayStation 1 emulator. Comes with an updated Unai video renderer for better performance. Hints: you will want to turn on threaded video for this core for better performance. You can use the PSP PS1 BIOS for better performance."

Last edited by GPryhme,

legions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having issues with fast forward?

With the older RetroNX version I had no problem using it with gambette but ever since I installed the full release it doesn't increase the game speed at all.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop using exfat
Can't: Hyrule Warriors. And a few others.

If FAT32 works better than ExFAT, wouldn't you take stability over file size benefits?
If I were making this choice when I was formatting my card already, then yes. But since the switch formatted it into exFAT when I got it, and I've since packed it with things I'd like to not re-transfer over and re-install with some funky new way (since I don't know how to install chunked games at all) over the course of the next 12 hours, no. No. I would not choose "stability" over something that already works.

Also, I have been given no explicit proof that having the more common and recommended file system would be problematic for this. I remember the times when this site was filled with threads telling people to format their cards to exFAT because it's "objectively better." Great, now the reverse is apparently true; until it isn't.

At any rate; if exFAT is allowing this program to be less extensible than it likely aims to be, I would imaging that at some point in the future the code will be amended. I'm also not re-formatting an already working 128GB card just because it purportedly works better with one homebrew application.

Now wait a tick. I do have an extra 32GB card that's fat32. Maybe I should try using that one for emulation and get back to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back