RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 18, 2007
    - Sega CD roms still crash - the regression is still present.
    - x32 games are working faster now, but still not full speed. (Tested with Star Wars x32)
    - Background color of the icon maybe shouldnt be white.. ;) (pFBA and easyrpg player use a HBL native gray - see the image I am about to upload.. ;)

edit: Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Its (close to) the same grey thats used in the upper part of the launcher (bright layout version). Maybe deciding on a "uniform" default background color would be "good" - to later have a uniform look, if logos dont fill the entire square. White looks somewhat displaced, with HBLs "broken" and "folder" icons using a grey tone a well.

Last edited by notimp, Mar 18, 2018
    lordelan, Galaxysm and Masterwin like this.
  2. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    will take that as advice on the next update

SrTommy likes this.
  3. notimp

Sep 18, 2007
    Thank you.

Of course I'm just reporting. Always set the priorities as you see fit. :)
    Another thing that you might start thinking about is baked in default paths (if possible) for at least bios and savegames.
    Could be fixed childpaths of the folder the main nro is in (if retroarch supports that), thats the way cpasjuste is implementing them right now.

If you have to force the names of the folders the nro is in - I think this is still better than having people set save and folderppaths on every launch. .cfg support would be another option to solve that. :)

If all nros should become one "Retroarch" nro later on - folder paths might have to change. This is something that would maybe stand against defining them right now. Apart from that, there mostly should be benefits.. ;)

4. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    i was trying to do that but Libtransistor is Preventing me from doing it so , and there is no libnx port

notimp likes this.
  5. YigglyPoof

YigglyPoof GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    Does anyone else have problems with VBA? Half the time I try to save a state on Emerald, it freezes my game (without making the save state), and then I have to click the home button and go back to an earlier state. Does anyone know a way around this, or a fix?

6. Kobigov

Kobigov GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2018
    United States
    Save states don't work last time I checked. Just save normally.

YigglyPoof likes this.
  7. Galaxysm

Galaxysm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    United States
    How did you get icons for GBA/GBC? D:

8. YigglyPoof

Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nro-asset-editor.499003/

Lemme try it, I'll get back to you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It works, man am I an idiot. Thanks.

9. Galaxysm

Galaxysm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    United States
    Blaahh .-. don't got a PC to do all that. Looks beautiful tho .

BTW how were you able to save games?

10. LuigiGold

LuigiGold Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2016
    Spain
    Is it possible to get a N64 emulator in userland mode?

11. YigglyPoof

Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    I misinterpreted someone else's post, turns out you just save like in a regular game. Then, click minus and plus at the same time, click B, and quit retroarch. Next time you come back it will be there :shy:

In theory, but we don't have the GPU drivers. So not yet.

Galaxysm likes this.
  12. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    omg @notimp

saving works fine i am playing pokemon gold

13. YigglyPoof

Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    It's weird because savestates worked for me in the gameboy emulator too, but not GBA. hmmm

14. Galaxysm

Galaxysm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    United States
    Okay thanks, just thought I was doing it some other way. Still will screenshot this for next time lol. ( I sometimes forget things .-.)

YigglyPoof likes this.
  15. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    thats why i am saying save inside the game not game state

16. notimp

Sep 18, 2007
    Yes - I used the nro asset editor. Installation was not straight forward - had to install python and a module that was missing, then launch the maker.py (from the source folder) - but then it worked.

Dont use .png files with the tool yet when they get converted the rescaling is off. .jpg files are fine - logos can be found via google image search - dimensions used were 256x256. Gray is still a little off compaired to the pfba background, I blame my image editing program.. ;)

If you absolutely want the nros with the covers above, drop me a pm - and I'll upload them for you privately (as a one time thing). I'll not do this publicly for obvious reasons. And I'll only do it one time - also for obvious reasons. ;)

In the future - try to use the tool, or wait for further releases. :) I have a hunch - that from now on, most of them will sport icons. :)

Galaxysm likes this.
  17. YigglyPoof

Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    Someone should update the NRO's in the OP with pictures used by that tool. It would be much appreciated :^)

18. notimp

Sep 18, 2007
    Here are the two obvious reasons mentioned above.

- Official releases cant sport "official system logos" - they are copyrighted.
    - Logos should be part of the official releases - otherwise, we'll have another segmentation with people sharing specific builds just for the logos. I dont want that. You dont want that... ;)

Solutions are: Wait for logos in official releases, or learn to use the tool. :)

19. Galaxysm

Galaxysm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    United States
    I sent you a PM :)

20. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    GDKChan does what RetroArch dont , he fixed again an code issue inside the Emulation now Zip Files can be loaded also on the switch.

Tekken 1 Rom runs almost Full Speed , Enjoy it until we get the Playstation Emulation working

Attached Files:

SrTommy, lordelan, mitcha and 5 others like this.