Homebrew RetroArch Switch

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I have the CPU OC'd to max and I think I found some of the additional settings I was missing before so I need to try adjusting again as I feel like I read a lot about people saying things play perfectly but never hear about their settings they use. I mean the snow area is playable but it is at like half fps and the audio is all messed up and it is just less than ideal to play with so I was hoping I could find a way to improve it.

I've seen some videos of Zelda running on the Citra core on switch and honestly looks better than N64 in terms of performance. Tempted to just donate to get access to that and give the 3DS versions a shot with the better graphics.

That being said for now I am playing through it and bound a button to save state and make sure I remember to do so every 20 minutes or so.

I've found that overclocking the GPU produces far better result for platforms like N64.

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I load the n64 cores it says I'm missing assets and freezes retroarch. Is that normal or no

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that overclocking the GPU produces far better result for platforms like N64.

I have done a lot of testing on this, and while underclocking results in slowdown, overclocking has barely yielded me any results in games with slowdown even with max GPU overclock for N64.

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't figured out how to fix the sound. Does banjo kazooie have sound issues for anyone else who has tried?

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with a specific game. I'm trying to run future cop lapd on the psx core and it always tells me error occured and software closed when I try to run it. This is the only ps1 game that gives me this problem and I've tried the game download from 4 different sources so far with the same issue. Can anyone get this game to run? Its one of the only reasons I would use retroarch.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a problem with a specific game. I'm trying to run future cop lapd on the psx core and it always tells me error occured and software closed when I try to run it. This is the only ps1 game that gives me this problem and I've tried the game download from 4 different sources so far with the same issue. Can anyone get this game to run? Its one of the only reasons I would use retroarch.

Why not try the psp version? Ps1 will look & run worse, even if you get it working.

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not try the psp version? Ps1 will look & run worse, even if you get it working.
I thought future cop was only for ps1? I tried ppsspp and silent hill shattered memories and when it gets to the game, the audio gets choppy and frame rates are slow. It gives me a message to skip frames but when I click autoskip frames game won't start. How do you guys run psp games on ppsspp? Do I also need bios for ppsspp? Or maybe other settings I don't know about

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, I was playing with some N64 game settings in options and now the controller won't work for that game.

Is there a way to reset just the options per game? Obviously I don't want to wipe my entire config. Just the options I tweaked for this one game.

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know how to fix sound on n64. I'm playing banjo kazooie and the sound just isn't working.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I thought future cop was only for ps1? I tried ppsspp and silent hill shattered memories and when it gets to the game, the audio gets choppy and frame rates are slow. It gives me a message to skip frames but when I click autoskip frames game won't start. How do you guys run psp games on ppsspp? Do I also need bios for ppsspp? Or maybe other settings I don't know about
Shattered memories won't run well, its a tough game to emulate for switch, so you won't get a stable/good performance even with highest OC. But many other games run fine, the compatibility is decent enough. You can also use standalone ppsspp instead of RA core.

You can get it from the official ppsspp site (and read the info and guides about it too).
As for RA core info - https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shattered memories won't run well, its a tough game to emulate for switch, so you won't get a stable/good performance even with highest OC. But many other games run fine, the compatibility is decent enough. You can also use standalone ppsspp instead of RA core.

You can get it from the official ppsspp site (and read the info and guides about it too).
As for RA core info - https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/
I had issues with shattered memories on ppsspp. The light from the torch had shadows on most of the light displayed. It plays a lot better on retroarch. I overclocked it to max and it is playable now but there's thin horizontal lines where the flashlight points that dissappear when you get closer. Not that bad but I've had the game crash on me so changed overclock settings to high. As long as it doesn't crash again, it definitely is a lot more playable. Wish you could turn up the volume on it though in retroarch. It's a lot louder on ppsspp

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had issues with shattered memories on ppsspp. The light from the torch had shadows on most of the light displayed. It plays a lot better on retroarch. I overclocked it to max and it is playable now but there's thin horizontal lines where the flashlight points that dissappear when you get closer. Not that bad but I've had the game crash on me so changed overclock settings to high. As long as it doesn't crash again, it definitely is a lot more playable. Wish you could turn up the volume on it though in retroarch. It's a lot louder on ppsspp
You can increase the volume in Retroarch..
Settings>Audio>Volume Gain (dB) Choose from 0.0 (normal) to 12.0 (loud)

You can also set Volume to a key bind..
Settings>Input>Hotkey Binds (then just set (Volume +) and (Volume -) to whatever Switch keys you want. ;)

Reactions: mesmeriize

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has there been any fixes for Flycast core crashing on CE Games? (Pier Solar is still crashing for me after Sega Logo, w/ an Atmosphere Error 2345-0008

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
has there been any fixes for Flycast core crashing on CE Games? (Pier Solar is still crashing for me after Sega Logo, w/ an Atmosphere Error 2345-0008
WinCE games do work if you provide a proper BIOS, but they all run slow on Switch so they are not worth of it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.