16:9 Resolution: 960x540
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 adjusted
Framebuffer Emulation: True
Overscan: Enabled
Overscan Offset (Top): 10
Overscan Offset (Left): 5
Overscan Offset (Right): 5
Overscan Offset (Bottom): 10

Just a heads up, 1280x720 seemed to be working fine for me with CPU Overclock set at "Stock Performance (1020 MHz)"

I set my settings to this:
16:9 Resolution: 1280x720
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 adjusted
Framebuffer Emulation: True
Overscan: Enabled
Overscan Offset (Top): 15
Overscan Offset (Left): 20
Overscan Offset (Right): 20
Overscan Offset (Bottom): 15

And that seems to have done the job.
A little lag when starting up games while on MAX overclock but other than that it begins to run flawlessly now! (keep in mind im also currently in hand-held mode rn)

Reactions: FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you play N64 games in 16:9? :unsure:
Please do your self a favor and play them in 4:3. :D

Don't know WTF you're whining about. Shit looks good to me! I guess if you like playing with black borders then more power to ya!

2019031701421300-F0813053-F5-E68-D338-B07-D7-D5-A145189-E-Copy.jpg

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't know WTF you're whining about. Shit looks good to me! I guess if you like playing with black borders then more power to ya!

2019031701421300-F0813053-F5-E68-D338-B07-D7-D5-A145189-E-Copy.jpg

If that's not gorgeous I must be blind

Oh btw, if you stick with 960x540 majority of games keep a consistent frame rate.
Noticed abit of slowdown in 1280x720 even on Max OC.

Is texture popins normal? Takes a while for things to sort of appear on screen unless you get real close to them.. Like certain objects like trees. Maybe it's just time catching up with me and I'm so used to today's graphics..

Last edited by DerekGeneric831,

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's not gorgeous I must be blind

Oh btw, if you stick with 960x540 majority have games keep a consistent frame rate.
Noticed abit of slowdown in 1280x720 even on Max OC.

Is texture popins normal? Takes a while for things to sort of appear on screen unless you get real close to them.. Like certain objects like trees. Maybe it's just time catching up with me and I'm so used to today's graphics..

What do you mean by "texture popins"? Which game are you referring to and give me an example.

You gotta remember that these settings aren't "one size fits all", you will have to try each game out and make adjustments depending on the game.

Reactions: DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you mean by "texture popins"? Which game are you referring to and give me an example.

You gotta remember that these settings aren't "one size fits all", you will have to try each game out and make adjustments depending on the game.

So with Super Mario 64, trees sorta vanish and reappear as you move around.. If you get up close to one though it'll stay there but the surrounding ones just disappear and reappear.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with Super Mario 64, trees sorta vanish and reappear as you move around.. If you get up close to one though it'll stay there but the surrounding ones just disappear and reappear.

I'm not experiencing that at all. Sounds like you got something off in your settings again. Post them up again and I'll take a look.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Framerate: FullSpeed -> Original

And I noticed that your Overscan (Botttom) is different from your Overscan (Top). You should set these to the same so they are even. Same with the Overscan Left and Right, which you already have set even.

I see what you mean by the trees disappearing though, mine does this as well. It only happens to the trees that are far out in the distance, ones that are near me don't do it. This goes back to that "work in progress" that I was telling you about earlier. :)

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Framerate: FullSpeed -> Original

And I noticed that your Overscan (Botttom) is different from your Overscan (Top). You should set these to the same so they are even. Same with the Overscan Left and Right, which you already have set even.

I see what you mean by the trees disappearing though, mine does this as well. It only happens to the trees that are far out in the distance, ones that are near me don't do it. This goes back to that "work in progress" that I was telling you about earlier. :)

Thanks man, you've been a great help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks man, you've been a great help!

Wow! Conkers Bad Fur Day emulation seems to be working pretty damn well too! The intro only messed up a little bit but it was pretty steady on the FPS.

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well I was refrering to the first few screenshots of SilentOne1994 where it's just a 4:3 picture streched to 16:9 which looks terrible.

But I didn't know that the new core has a 16:9 widescreen hack. Which ofc looks good, since it's not streched.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well I was refrering to the first few screenshots of SilentOne1994 where it's just a 4:3 picture streched to 16:9 which looks terrible.

But I didn't know that the new core has a 16:9 widescreen hack. Which ofc looks good, since it's not streched.

Yeah that was pretty awful looking hahah was just trying to set it to the right settings at that point, Widescreen looks incredible though

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ohh alright, I was wondering what that was all about. :D

Last edited by FanboyKilla,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have two questions:

1) With the new build I’m getting weird things like a black band or repeated images in cut scenes on the bottom of the screen in DK64 that I wasn’t having before. I’m using the recommended settings everyone was using a couple of weeks back.

2) Does rumble work in handheld? I’m not getting any rumble in DK64 or Mario Shindou Edition, both of which should have rumble. Is there some setting I need to adjust other than Player 1 pak: rumble? Or is it only in docked mode?

Last edited by regnad,

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried a lot, but I can't get any N64 game to run - every time I open a game the Switch crashes. I haven't changed any setting and have tried both the NSP and the latest NRO build. I'm running in on SX OS emunand if it makes a difference.
If there's anything I should try please let me know - cheers.

rockyard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried a lot, but I can't get any N64 game to run - every time I open a game the Switch crashes. I haven't changed any setting and have tried both the NSP and the latest NRO build. I'm running in on SX OS emunand if it makes a difference.

I'm in the same boat. I'm still on firmware 3.0. Every time I try to load a game using the newest build, Retroarch just closes and shows me the hbmenu. If I then try to go back to Horizon or launch Retroarch again, the whole system crashes.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
try using atmosphere

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if someone said this before but I had some severe problems with almost no game working properly. I tried a lot of different settings without any effect.

Then I deleted the config and the shader files(located at retroarch/cores/system/Mupen64plus/shaders) which fixed everything. This might be obvious for all of you, or if the problem was fixed by returning to the default settings.

D

Deleted User

I don't know if someone said this before but I had some severe problems with almost no game working properly. I tried a lot of different settings without any effect.

Then I deleted the config and the shader files(located at retroarch/cores/system/Mupen64plus/shaders) which fixed everything. This might be obvious for all of you, or if the problem was fixed by returning to the default settings.

rumble was not working doing this fixed it thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1